Old 07-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #1  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Default Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips

I think I have a new favorite snack. I made these as Salt and Vinegar chips but you could flavor them in any way you like with spices or hot sauce. They're delicious!!

The recipe calls for use of a mandolin and dehydrator. A good sharp knife and slow oven will work just as well IMO.

2 zucchini
2 T. White Balsamic Vinegar
2 T. Olive Oil*
2 T. Sea Salt

Use a mandolin or slice zucchini as thin as possible.
In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
Add zucchini in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Depending on how thin you sliced the zucchini and on your dehydrator the drying time will vary, anywhere from 8-14 hours.**
To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay zucchini evenly. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate half way during cooking time.
Store chips in an airtight container.

*The next time I make these, I'm cutting the olive oil in half or omitting it entirely. I'll simply give the dehydrator trays a spritz with the Misto. As written, these almost have a bit too much oil on them for me.

**Our dehydrator took about 24 hours for 5 complete racks.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote