Old 01-05-2003, 04:05 PM   #1  

Post Mexican style appetizers

This is one I got from my week 3 ww meeting. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it looks good and I plan to soon. It uses black beans instead of refried--I don't know if you want completely beanless or not, but here it is if you can use it.

1 cup Salsa(roasted bell pepper flavor)--I couldn't find this flavor in my groc. store, so I have bought regular flavor to try it with
1 cup drained canned black beans, rinsed
1 zucchini, shredded
8 (6 inch) fat-free flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese(use jalapeno-style for an extra kick)

1. In medium bowl, combine salsa, beans, and zucchini. Spread 1/4 of the mixture over each of 4 tortillas. Top each portion with 3 tablespoons of cheese; cover each with another tortilla.

2. Heat an 8-or 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. One at a time, carefully cook each quesadilla, turning once, until cheese is melted, about 1 minute on each side. Cut each quesadilla into quarters; serve immediately.

makes 4 servings; 5 points per serving
266 calories, 9.2 g fat, 7.4g fiber.
Parsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #2  

Default Chicken/Tortilla Rollups

These are wonderful, easy and only 1 point each!! I make them ALL the time

Each recipe makes approx 24 appetizers (1 point per appy)
You will need:

4 10 inch tortillas (any flavor)
1 8oz pkg lite cream cheese
4 oz Perdue short cuts chicken (prev cooked/cubed)
1 bunch scallions
1 small can sliced black olives
1 jar chunky salsa
Parsley - fresh or dried
Fat free or vegetarian shredded cheddar cheese

In a medium size glass bowl, put cream cheese in the microwave and nuke for 1 min til softened. Add: 2 Tablespoons each:
Scallions
Black olives
Chunky Salsa
Parsley

Spread about 2 heaping tablespoons in center of tortilla, sprinkle with fat free or vegetarian shredded cheddar cheese, add about 2 tablespoons of chicken.

Roll up and refrigerate at least 2 hrs - overnite is better!
Slice each roll into 6 pinwheels.
houndlvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #3  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Default Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla

Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla

3 oz. Cooked Chicken, cut into chunks
2 (98% Fat Free) Fajita Size Flour Tortillas
1/2 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Heat chicken until hot. Heat tortillas in the microwave for approx 15 seconds to soften. Divide chicken between the 2 tortillas. Divide the cheese in half and sprinkle on each tortilla. Fold both tortillas in half w/ meat and cheese on one side (Should look like a taco at this point). Place each completed tortilla in a hot skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook each side until light brown and cheese has melted. Cut each tortilla into 3 pieces. (You'll end up with 6 triangles). Serve warm with salsa or fat free sour cream (adjust points).

Serves: 1
Per Serving: 325 Calories; 2g Fat (5.1% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 45mg Cholesterol; 1044mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat.

snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #4  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Default Nachos Supreme

2 (98% Fat Free) Fajita Size Flour Tortillas
Chili Powder
Butter Flavored Cooking Spray
1/2 Cup Fat Free Refried Beans
2 Tablespoons Taco Bell Salsa Con Queso
2 Tablespoons Fat Free Sour Cream
Tomatoes (optional)
Green Onions (optional)

To make the chips:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray tortillas with butter flavored cooking spray, and then sprinkle each lightly with chili powder. Turn tortillas over and repeat. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges (kitchen scissors work best for this). Place wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes then turn each chip over and continue baking until the chips are crisp and lightly browned (approx 4-5 more minutes). If you take the chips out and they bend a little or they are chewy when you try to take a bite, you need to cook them longer. They should be crisp when taken out of the oven.

To build your nachos:

When the chips are almost done cooking, heat the refried beans and cheese sauce in the microwave until both are hot. Place chips on a plate and spoon the beans evenly over the chips. (I used a plastic baggie with the corn cut off and squeezed the beans on). Next drizzle the cheese evenly over the chips and beans. Top off with sour cream, tomatoes and green onions.

Serves: 1
Per Serving: 325 Calories; 4g Fat (10.4% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 1201mg Sodium.

snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote