I apologize in advance if something like this has already been posted. I haven't been on the WW section of these boards very long, but I was just so excited to share!
- 1 large apple
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- whole wheat tortillas (make SURE you get "healthy" ones. The ones I used were 70 calories each I believe)
- several individual splenda packets
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pam cooking spray
- Knife, bowl, cooking pan, oven, measuring spoon
Slice/dice up all the fruit until it's pretty small. Toss these in a bowl all together. You can add a little splenda if you want, but you don't really need it. Fruit is so good by itself!
Cut up the tortillas into 8 triangles. Put these on a cooking tray and spray with a little Pam spray. I imagine you could use butter spray or some other form of substitute, whatever you like. Mix together the cinnamon and splenda and sprinkle over the tortilla chips. Broil in the oven or toaster over for a few minutes - turning the over makes them extra crispy.
I think this would be great with even more fruit added, or changed. Peaches, blueberries, cherries... whatever! Eat it immediately while the fruit is fresh, and so you don't have to add anything to preserve it : )
Here's how I counted it (four people ate this, and we had plenty of "salsa" left!)
Per Serving (1/4 of entire thing):
- 1 med. whole wheat tortilla = 1 point
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh = 0 points
- 1/2 medium kiwifruit = 0 points
- 1/4 large apple - 0.5 points
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon = 0 points
- 2 tsp Splenda (one packet) = 0 points
- Pam Cooking Spray = 0 points
Yep, you heard it. If I did it right... it's under 2
points, if you do eat a quarter. But if you eat more, who cares?!
TRUST me when I say this is DELICIOUS as a dessert or appetizer. Tastes kind of like an apple pie or fruit tart!