Old 12-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #1  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Question Need a cocktail recipe that is low in points ...

I'm having my bday bash tomorrow, and we're going to be serving beer and cocktails. I know points can add up QUICK after having a few mixed drinks. Does anyone know a good (or a few good) cocktail recipes that are low in points, and taste yummy?
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Do you have a BevMo near you? They carry a wonderful sugar free margarita mix...then you only have to spend the points on the tequila. I add a little fresh lime to mine.

Otherwise, what about something like a Mojito? They have about a tsp of sugar per drink but that's only 15 calories..
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #3  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

I have a thing for cherry flavored vodka and Pepsi One (or any diet cola...)

My mom makes her own long islands with the white liquors, sugar free lemonade, and diet Coke. They're good!

...and there's always wine @ 2pts. per glass!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

I'd be cautious with mojitos. If you're using the tried and true 3-2-1 ratio (3 oz sparkling water, 2 oz rum, 1 oz lime juice), you're going to need about an ounce of simple syrup. The calories add up fast. (Plus they're a pain to muddle.)

This sounds less elegant than it looks, but for low calorie cocktails, I'm a fan of gin, a little fresh lemon juice and either Diet Squirt or diet ginger ale shaken and served up. (Although be careful when there are carbonated ingredients in your shaker: they have a tendency to pop all over one's shirt.)

A little more calorically pricey, but very appropriate for this time of year would be bourbon and cranberry juice on the rocks. (I like to freeze a few cranberries into my ice cubes for added punch.)

I think generally speaking, though, the best way to make a low calorie cocktail is to rely on something with a diet soda base. For a cocktail to really work, you need a strong, a bitter, a sour and a sweet component -- and unless you want to get into making a Splenda simple syrup or something, a diet soda is the lowest-calorie option for getting the "sweet" that will balance out the drink.

Just my two cents.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Rubbytummy - I think I like things less sweet than others...I don't think I've ever used an ounce of simple syrup in a mojito. I just dissolve a tsp of sugar in my lime juice..
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #6  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Mandalinn82 ... I do have a bevmo near me, I even have a bevmo club card LOL!! I'm not big on margaritas, but the mojitos sound right up my alley!

Rubbytummy .... gin & squirt does sound like a good combo. I've never bought gin before, is there any type you suggest?

Petunia418 - I never mixed vodka with cola before, but cherry vodka sounds like it would go good with it. I'm going to have to try that out sometime.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies!!
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

I like vodka with club soda and a splash of either: lime or whatever juice you like for some flavour.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/207/145

Height: 5'4"

I mix fruit punch or strawberry kiwi crystal light with coconut rum...YUM! I figured it at about 4 points for a nice size glass of this...
melaniev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #9  
Tammy

S/C/G: 211/209/145

Height: 5'4"

I have white rum with a mix of orange and red grapefuit Crystal Lite mix... yum!
ladyviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia418 View Post
I have a thing for cherry flavored vodka and Pepsi One (or any diet cola...)
Vanilla vodka is good with cola too.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/189/140

What are the points values on these? Thanks!
Bikini dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #12  

If any of you are wondering about Woody’s Pink Grapefruit vodka cooler (Canada) I received the following information -

"Your query regarding nutritional information on Woody’s Pink Grapefruit has been passed on to me. I can tell you that there are 67 calories per 100ml, and no fat or fibre content.

We hope you continue to enjoy Woody’s coolers, and good luck with the Weight Watchers – it’s a great program!"
elb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #13  

Even though your birthday is over, here is my quick and easy low-cal version for sangria. My whole large family loves them. I've served them at baby showers, parties, etc. Everyone pretty much knows Annie Ru will show up with her Sangria. I use 4oz of a good merlot or cabernet over ice and add Hansen's diet Strawberry Kiwi (If you can find it. They don't seem to have it in CA anymore, but came out with the pomegranite. So I use either the pomegranite or the Tangerine) to fill the class. Squeeze in some fresh orange juice and cut a piece of fruit (orange, strawberry, pineapple, lemon, orange) to decorate on the side. I make these individually rather than make a big batch. That way I just keep adding more Hansen's to my original wine as I get low. Then I know I've only used 2 points for alcohol the whole evening and, also, I'm in good shape to be the designated driver!!!
AnnieRu2 is offline   Reply With Quote