3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Appetizers and Beverages (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/appetizers-beverages-26/)
-   -   WW Friendly Mozzerella Sticks! Only 3 Points for 4 sticks!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/appetizers-beverages/118811-ww-friendly-mozzerella-sticks-only-3-points-4-sticks.html)

keelygal 07-25-2007 04:15 PM

WW Friendly Mozzerella Sticks! Only 3 Points for 4 sticks!!!

LADIES and GENTS! I have a recepie I have to share!! It is YUM! and only 3 points! Here it goes:

Serving Size: 4 pieces
Calories: 155
Fat: 5.5g
Sodium: 500mg
Carbs: 13.5g
Fiber: 7g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 19g

*3 Points!

Ingredients:
2 light mozzarella sticks (50-60 calories and 2.5g fat per stick)
1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute
salt, pepper & Italian seasonings; to taste
Optional: low-fat marinara sauce (for dipping)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor or blender, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Place crumbs in a small plastic container with a lid. Season crumbs with as much salt, pepper and Italian seasonings as you like. Set aside. Cut cheese sticks in half, so that you have 4 sticks. Place sticks in a small bowl, and pour egg substitute over the top of the sticks. Swirl egg substitute around so that it thoroughly coats the sticks. One by one, transfer sticks to the container with the crumbs. Cover container, and give it a shake to coat the sticks in the crumbs. Carefully return sticks to the dish with the egg substitute, and coat them again. Next put sticks back in the crumbs container, cover, and shake once more to coat (try doing this two at a time the second time around). Place sticks on a baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Spritz the tops of the sticks with a quick mist of the spray. Place dish in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes (or until the first sign of cheese oozing out). If desired, serve with warm marinara sauce. Best when eaten immediately, while cheese is hot and gooey!

snapplegirl69 07-26-2007 07:59 AM

Oh man this looks yummy and for only 3 points!!Thanks!

grneyedmustang 07-26-2007 11:54 AM

mmmm....these sound good!

keelygal 07-26-2007 02:10 PM

They are yummy. I had them yesterday for lunch with a salad and I was stuffed!

Casandra 08-29-2007 04:27 PM

I saw this recipe on a website once. Hungry girl. And using that cereal really does work for most every fried food you could imagine!

LifetimeJourney 09-12-2009 11:05 PM

This sounds like a great lower fat substitute for traditional Mozzarella sticks. Thanks for the recipe!

theblueeyedgirl 10-03-2010 01:01 AM

I love mozzarella sticks. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing

ducktape54 10-03-2010 10:19 PM

sounds yummy

imlosingit4me 02-26-2011 08:07 PM

yummy! saved it! TY~