3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Announcements and Forum Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help-40/)
-   -   Blocked for Malware? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/283570-blocked-malware.html)

Garnet2727 06-16-2013 08:16 AM

Blocked for Malware?

I got a message this morning that Google Chrome had blocked this site because of Malware. I have strong anti-malware software on my machine so I over rode the block and came here anyway. I just wanted to let you guys know. Here's the detail page from Google Chrome:

Quote:

What is the current listing status for www.3fatchicks.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 4611 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-06-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-06-15.
Malicious software includes 186 scripting exploit(s), 6 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including luminate.com/, adlinod.com/, pinltd.com/.

6 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including doubleclick.net/, adspeed.net/, inscampaign.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS13897 (CDC1).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.3fatchicks.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Sum38 06-16-2013 08:21 AM

Mine as well.

Ruthxxx 06-16-2013 08:27 AM

Same here. The red page sure woke me up.

It's been reported.

bargoo 06-16-2013 09:19 AM

Me too.

shutterbugmama84 06-16-2013 09:57 AM

Me too

Suzanne 3FC 06-16-2013 10:15 AM

I've noticed that on a few forums that I visit. I don't know what caused it, but they'll figure it out and fix it.

Thanks!

Tuscany 06-16-2013 12:48 PM

ghmedia.com

I don't know if this is a problem at my end only, or a problem with the 3FC site. However, for the past two days, whenever I go to do something on this site (reply to a post, read a post, etc.), I'm constantly being automatically redirected to a website with the address "ghmedia.com", which seems to be some sort of advertising website. Am I the only one having this problem?

ajlee33 06-16-2013 02:38 PM

the past 2 days i have been told by my virus software protector that this website contains dangerous pages that can cause malware or something like that.. and that website you listed was on the list of dangerous pages on here..

Ruthxxx 06-16-2013 04:26 PM

Reported to tech.

IanG 06-16-2013 05:14 PM

Yes, I get sent to that website too Tuscany.

Smiling_Sara 06-16-2013 11:30 PM

malware question

I have a question. I tried to go to 3fc through my main laptop, and it said the website ahead contains malware! Has anyone else come across this?

Posting from my phone at the moment. Can take a picture if it would help. Not sure what to do.

Remington90 06-16-2013 11:35 PM

Mine says the same thing while using google chrome. I'm on internet explorer and it's not saying anything. However I HATE internet explorere. Wonder if I should just click "proceed at your own risk".

my2cats 06-16-2013 11:37 PM

That's what I did... Not dead yet. -fingers crossed- :lol:

There's a post about it in the "Announcements" forum, so they are at least aware.

Candeka 06-17-2013 12:58 AM

Yeah - the same message happened on both of my computers (one Mac and one PC).

thewalrus0 06-17-2013 01:54 AM

Happened to me too. Came here anyways. I'm sure they'll figure it out and my computer is checked often.