Script error

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • Anybody else getting a message that a script has stopped running when trying to load pages??? I got it when I clicked "go advanced" on my August Exercise Challenge post in the SBD forum and again when I tried to go to the 300+ forum. This site is the ONLY one giving me errors, so it doesn't seem to be on my end.

***EDIT*** On a side note, it locks up my entire computer when this happens. Not just the internet...I was at work and it locked up my CAD system as well.
  • Yep. I'm getting the error too.
  • yes, me too. but it only seems to be happening at work on IE, not at home where I use Firefox (unfortunately, we can't install a new browser and I don't think it will go over too well if my "business necessity" is that I need to be able to read 3FC! lol!)
  • This has been happening to me too!
  • It works on 2 out of 3 computers I use- the third is the only one I use IE on- so that might be what it is.
  • Me too! I was cussin out my computer since this is as old as dirt but now I know it is others. That makes me feel good sort of
  • I'm not experiencing any errors. I'm using Firefox on a Mac.

I see that two of you mentioned it only happens when using IE. Are the rest of you using IE or do you also experience it on other browsers?

Also, did you happen to notice if the same ad appears when this happens? Sometimes it can be narrowed down to bad ad code.

Let's get as much info as we can and we'll pass it to tech
  • Ok let me see if i can explain this My nephew helped me cause that's that was happening to me on JUST this site also.
    There is a compatibility button,next to the refresh button up at the top of the page.I had clicked that once by mistake and he said that's what was causing that "script" message to keep coming up.Once i clicked the compatibility bottom off..I haven't had any problems.
  • I was having script errors constantly on this site only the last few days too, very frustrating! Thank you Onami, the compatability button clicked off seems to have fixed my problem. Strange that we all just happen to have clicked that button on recently? I was ready to throw in the 3FC towel (yeah right, who am I kidding?)
  • I wasn't even able to access 3 FC! The "script error" prompt would come up, and the screen would freeze. One of your sidebar ads must be triggering the problem. I tried the "compatibility view" feature, and it doesn't work
  • I'm very sorry that this problem is persisting. I've passed it on to the higher-ups to take a look at. It is the holiday weekend so I doubt we'll hear anything right away, but rest assured that it will be looked at.

Thanks
  • I have the issue using an old version of IE that doesn't even have the compatibility button, so it does seem like it's something else going on.

Thanks Suzanne for getting the tech people to look into it!
  • Good morning to all, I also have had this issue with this site and I have not clicked on the combatibility button. My screen froze on me several times before I was able to get this far in my visit. Linda
  • Never mind. =)
  • I posted yesterday that the compatibility button unclicked helped with not getting script error messages, but I am still having loading issues, screen freezes and I have to reload or restart. It is only happening on this site and not all the time, which leads me to believe it is an ad issue. I am using IE 8 and have been having the issue since about Thursday or Friday. Sometimes I too am unable to even get on the site, but I persist because I am addicted to this site and eventually am able to get in. I have heard that those using Firefox are not having issues but don't want to change my browser, but that may help others.