Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Default Sticky thread request and private subforum suggestion

As the topic comes up all the time, usually in multiple threads at once, I would like to request a sticky thread on constipation. I gather it's a common side-effect from dieting (less moving through overall etc.), which certainly seems to be true here. I'd suggest putting it in one of the general forums rather than the Obstacles one, as it's more of a part of dieting than something which people think of as a separate medical condition. But Obstacles may work as well, you know the forum better than me!

I'm also wondering about the possibility of having subforums which are viewable to members only, possibly members who have met the minimum day/post requirement for private messaging, since people sometimes want to post about very personal topics (two domestic violence posts recently, for instance), not to mention the questionable safety of putting your weight loss photos up in a public forum. Since this is a large, thriving forum I'm guessing that you've already considered this in the past, but I thought it was worth asking anyway.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #2  
it's always something

I thought there was already a sticky somewhere on constipation I'll look around! If not, we'll come up with something

I understand what you mean about private discussions. Unfortunately, I don't think the owners would allow a private forum. The forum is paid for by advertising and many advertisers have rules against private forums. Most private forums have membership fees.

I'm not sure a private forum would accomplish much, though. Anyone can sign up and look even if they are not going to participate in the topic. People sign up and post general chit chat 'good luck' type of posts just to get past the 20 post requirement so they can send PMs to people for all sorts of inappropriate things. I think the same thing would apply here. In fact, they might sign up just so they can get into what they might assume would be an adult or more 'juicy' forum.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #3  

I was thinking of a subforum only, and that it might at least guard a bit more against people randomly surfing this site. I've seen members-only subforums in generally public forums of this type often, I assume it's easy to set up. I presume that the 20 post/20 day requirement does at least reduce the number of troublemakers with regard to PMS?

If there's a sticky on constipation, it must be hidden in a subforum where no one would think to look for it! It might be worth running a quick search and seeing which subforum gets used the most for this subject.

Last edited by Esofia; 06-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #4  

Could we have that sticky thread at least, please?