Q. How do I add a ticker to my signature?
1. Open two browser windows. In the first window, go to your forums UserCP and click "edit signature" from the menu at right. In the second window, go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/weight-tracker/
2. Follow the instructions on the weight-tracker page to make your tracker.
3. Now that you have made your weight-tracker, choose the code that you need to copy. There are three versions of the code, depending on where you plan to use it. You need the FIRST version for our forum.
3. Highlight then copy the code.
- Click inside the box of code. With some browsers, just clicking it once will highlight it (turn it all gray). OR
- Take your mouse, and place your cursor at the beginning of the text in the box, then click and hold the left mouse button, while dragging your mouse over the text. This should highlight the text. Now release the left mouse button. OR
- Right click in the box so you get a small popup menu, and select "select all" from that menu
(We suggest the last method - right click and select all - because we've noticed that some people don't click and drag the full code, so their trackers don't work)
4. Now that the code is highlighted, you must copy it. Hold the mouse over the highlighted code, right click your mouse so you get the little popup menu and choose "copy" from the menu.
5 Now go to your other window where your signature box awaits. Hold your mouse over the signature box and right click your mouse. Choose "paste" from the little popup menu. If you don't see "paste" in the menu, that means you did not copy the code and must go back and try again.
Scroll down and click "save signature".
Q How do I edit my ticker?
Ok, so now you've lost weight and want to update your weight tracker. What do you do? There are two ways you can go about it.
1. Start with step one as above. Delete the old code from your signature box, and paste the new code in its place.
How do you delete the old code?
- Take your mouse, and place your cursor at the beginning of the text in the box, then click and hold the left mouse button, while dragging your mouse over the text. This should highlight the text. Now click the "delete" button on your keyboard. OR
- Use your delete or backspace button to delete the code one character at a time.
Now paste the new code in the signature box, and click the "save signature" button.
2. Edit your signature tracker code. You can keep the same images without having to make a new code, and just update your weight.
- Look at your code and you will see three numbers that represent your Starting weight, Goal weight, and Current weight. The last number is your current weight and is the only one you need to change.
- Change the current weight to your NEW current weight. Make sure you don't change anything else, or you may have to go make a new tracker. Now save your signature.
If you are new to computers and want to practice copying and pasting, we recommend this page http://lifehacker.com/5801525/help-n...-cut-and-paste