3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Announcements and Forum Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help-40/)
-   -   For those having problems with the forum locking up -- (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/171380-those-having-problems-forum-locking-up.html)

Suzanne 3FC 05-10-2009 12:18 PM

For those having problems with the forum locking up --

We've not experienced the problem and can't find a cause for it. If you don't mind, please answer the questions below. Please only answer the questions and not include additional info, so we can compile it easier. Thank you :)

1. What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

2. Have you tried other browsers and if so, do you also experience the same problem with them? If so, please name the browsers and versions accordingly.

3. Please visit www.3fatchicks.com before visiting the forum and let us know if you experience the same problem from the home page.

Lizzyg 05-10-2009 01:01 PM

I was having this problem - and I stopped coming here for a few months, because it would just shut down my browser.

I was using IE version 7.0.5730.13

2. Have you tried other browsers and if so, do you also experience the same problem with them? If so, please name the browsers and versions accordingly.
I started using fire fox for this site (as I dont care for fire fox) and it seems to be working better. I havent had any issue here since I started using FF. Its version 3.0.8

3. Please visit www.3fatchicks.com before visiting the forum and let us know if you experience the same problem from the home page.
I just checked it out briefly, and did not have any issues with IE and the home page.

HTH :)

Windchime 05-10-2009 01:20 PM

Hi Suzanne:

1: I am using IE 6.0.2900.2180.

2.I have the same problem with Firefox 3.0.10.

3. I always start out from www.3fatchicks.com.

cottagebythesea 05-10-2009 02:00 PM

1. I am using IE 7.0
2. I have the same problems with Firefox 3.0.8
3. I have experienced problems using the homepage, too, although it doesn't happen as frequently.

timetostart 05-10-2009 02:25 PM

1. I am using IE 7.0 - VISTA OS
2. Never tried another browser.
3. I access via homepage.

Rosinante 05-10-2009 02:33 PM

1. IE7
2. No
3. Yes

freckfrecks 05-10-2009 05:04 PM

1.IE7
2.No
3.Always log on via homepage.

I can hardly use this site now, as it locks up almost every time

sportmom 05-10-2009 06:29 PM

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
V7.0.6000.16830CO

Only browser is IE

Went to home page, clicked on forums, and immediately locked up. Here is my screen shot, maybe you can pick up the ad id# of the ad loading problem that's causing this (if we can be so lucky that it's just one ad)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/hrbabe/Slide1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/hrbabe/Slide1.jpg
because it looks like the imported img is too small to read

Judy Lynn 05-10-2009 06:40 PM

1. What version of Internet Explorer are you using? IE 7 with Windows XP
2. Have you tried other browsers and if so, do you also experience the same problem with them? If so, please name the browsers and versions accordingly. Tried Fire Fox and it is still bad.

3. Please visit www.3fatchicks.com before visiting the forum and let us know if you experience the same problem from the home page. Yes, same problem for me from the home page.

SupaChix 05-10-2009 09:11 PM

I am using IE 7 with Windows XP

I have not tried any other browser

I always go into the homepage first- it loads fine, problem begins with forums

murphmitch 05-10-2009 09:38 PM

IE 7

Firefox seems to work fine.

Same problem if using IE 7.

Leeesa 05-11-2009 01:32 AM

1. IE 7.0.5730.13
2. Haven't tried other browsers
3. I access the site via the homepage and have the same problem only when I go into the Forum, it also happens if I leave the page up and go away, when I come back it's frozen and a I have to close the window and open up a new page

Fat Chick B Gone 05-11-2009 09:29 AM

1. What version of Internet Explorer are you using? IE 7 and IE 8

no I haven't, I prefer IE

I always start from there

Merksie 05-11-2009 11:27 AM

IE 7 with Vista.

I have the problem whether I visit the forum directly or from the home page.

PLEASE bring back ad-free subscriptions - I suspect the problem at least for me is the bandwidth-hogging ads. I love the site and am more than willing to subscribe to support it . . . but the combination of offensive ads for rip-off diet products and the slowness/crashes they cause make the site far too frustrating for me to use.

dixied 05-11-2009 11:36 AM

1. What version of Internet Explorer are you using? 7.0.6001.18000. with Vista.

2. Have you tried other browsers and if so, do you also experience the same problem with them? If so, please name the browsers and versions accordingly. IE 6 at home (w XP) doesn't hang up nearly as much. It's just at work that I have the major problems.

3. Please visit www.3fatchicks.com before visiting the forum and let us know if you experience the same problem from the home page. I always go thru the home page. It loads great, it's just the forum.