Yay! I exercised today! December 2006

• New thread for the month.

I walked for about 2 hours around a huge Christmas bazaar and the grocery store today. Just as well since it is so cold out today that I did not want to walk outside.

This month I am challenging myself to take the stairs at work, starting with 2 flights next week and adding 2 flights on each week.
  • 30 minutes of yoga this morning!
  • Got in 24 laps at the pool today.
  • Tue: 1 mile on treadmill (this is boring, I'd much rather walk the dog.)
    Wed: 24 laps swimming

I almost didn't go to the gym today. I normally get off work at 4:30 and head straight there. I didn't end up leaving work until 5:15 and then there was more traffic. I was so tempted to skip it. I'm not sure what made me go, partially I think having to be accountable here and on the exercise challenge.
  • Went for a 45 minute walk at lunch today
  • I did a 2 hour walk with lots of jogging tossed in for good measure yesterday and I only did 50 minutes today. I'd have done longer but I wasn't dressed properly for being outside in this FREEZING city!
  • 4 hours of laundry, housework etc. so I'm counting that as exercise today.
  • Well after my horrible eating weekend, I didn't do so bad exercise wise.

Thurs: 1 mile walked
    Fri: 0
    Sat: 24 laps swimming, 15 min walk with dog
    Sun: 1 hour Yoga class

Mauv: 4 hours of housework - Wow. Want to come to my house??
  • Sunday: worked up a sweat while putting up the tree and setting up the Christmas lights on the front porch. Then did some yardwork since it was so mild out.

Also went for a short 20 minute walk.
  • Ok - I have done exercise this week.

Mon: 26 laps
    Tue: 2 miles on treadmill
    Wed: 0 - Was so tired went home from work and took a nap.
    Thurs: 26 laps

I am still really enjoying swimming. My goal is to slowly work up to 32 laps which would be 800 meters. The walking on the treadmill is just borrrrring. I'm going to try to stick it out for Dec. and then start weights or something in Jan.