Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Sojo!!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #32  
a brave new me...

Thanks and great job everyone! So what kind of goals do you chickies have for the next five weeks? I am definitely doing another exercise challenge in December... so proud that I am just about to hit my November goal of 900 minutes! Will continue with Weight Watchers Flex Plan which is apparently really working for me. And of course, will seek out support from my friends here at 3FC.

Anyone else? What will you do in order to create a leaner, healthier you by Jan 1?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #33  

I think I'm going to try this exercise challenge thing. I've been going to the gym regularly, but I want to make sure I keep going. I just need to figure out what a respectable goal should be. And I am not going to eat any free goodies from the office unless I have figured out ahead of time the calories and can legitimately fit it in for the day.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #34  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go ladies!

My plan for December:

Eat low fat vegetarian meals during the week
Watch what I am eating at social events
Get outside for some exercise
Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #35  
a brave new me...

Spideranne, they are starting a December exercise challenge on the challenge thread... join us here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #36  

Hey everyone. It's a happy week for me. I'm down 2 lbs for the week.

This past week was like the utopia of healthy living for me. I planned and ate a weeks worth of healthy meals. I went to the gym 5 days in a row. There were very few food temptations at work and I resisted what was there. There were no special occasions, parties, get togethers or other events to contend with. If I could bottle this week and repeat, that would be great.

Of course, this week starts the holiday parties. I have one with hubby on Tue. night and we promised some friends to go to dinner next weekend. I did join up on that Dec. exercise challenge so I'm going to focus on making a dent on those goals (350 laps swimming and walking 20 miles).
Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #37  

Way to go spideranne!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #38  
a brave new me...

I don't know about you chickies... but its been a challenging first week of December for me! First of all, it is $#@%^! FREEZING outside! It is also dark by 4:30 which is SO depressing. After struggling so much over the week long Thanksgiving Holiday of Suffering and Temptation with my family, I am just tired. Thankfully I am all too aware that successful weight loss means I have to ignore how I am feeling and not rely on motivation, enthusiasm, and my emotions and just grit my teeth and do it. Well do it most of the time hahahaa! Anyway, I'm hanging in there and hoping for a more positive attitude in coming days. I just can't wait for Jan 1 to roll around... the New Year always brings with it a new burst of energy. Man will this ever become more normal and not such a challenge? Spideranne it sounds like you are kicking butt! How is everyone else doing?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:39 PM   #39  

I lost 2 lbs so far And I haven't had any Christmas goodies or chocolate yet. Since the gifts, chocolates and goodies start arriving on December 1st, I try to ignore them until the 24th and then get to enjoy our Christmas Eve Open house without guilt, have a sensible turkey dinner on Christmas day and then I am back on plan from the 26th onward.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #40  

Way to go Mauv! Sounds like you have a great plan for staying on target.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #41  

Yep -keeping my fingers crossed it works!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #42  
a brave new me...

Well by some holiday miracle I am down 1.5 pounds this week to 165.5. Its been a tough week so I was really, really surprised by the scale this morning.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #43  

Well, I'm posting a 0 loss for the week. Given my horrible eating weekend, I'm just glad I didn't gain.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #44  

Way to go Sojo!

and Spideranne, whenever that happens I rejoice that I haven't gained - so good for you too since it is one of the hardest times of the year to deal with weight gain!

I'm the same as I was last time - so no worries at this point. I signed up for my dance class which starts on January 9 and DH and I will be going back to our Bikram yoga class in early January too so I do have a plan of action for the new year.

Sigh- I'm so good with food but lousy with the exercise bit - this will force me to get my butt in gear!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #45  

Well, I have redeemed myself. I have lost 2 lbs for the week which takes me to 168, my first 10 lbs. This is one of my reward goals so I get to go buy some new workout gear. I have been going to the gym in baggy old t-shirts and these horrible pink knit shorts. Not that I really care how I dress for the gym, but it will be nice to have something new.

Still 5lbs away for Jan. 1. goal. With x-mas eve and day in there I think it is more realistic to aim for 2 lbs.

How is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread