Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #16  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Speaking of dog walks - we have stopped going mons and thurs since it is dark at 5 and I have a colt that needs daily attention.

So for winter we have decided that we go just once a week but for much longer - we were going uphill for about 1 hr then back down about 1/2 hr. To make a once a week deal worth it - we will go uphill for 2 hrs - take a break - then back down about 1 hr. So it will be the same total time walking a week just on a day off like today.

My friend and I always bring our big dogs. My big boy Grizz is 1/2 neufy and 1/2 shepard. He weighs about 130 lbs and carries his own pack with his own water and bowls and even a blanket to lay on when we stop. Her dog is part pointer or heeler and possible some lab or pit (no one knows for sure - he was a pound puppy).

I also have 3 little dachsund-schnauzer-chih mutts that dont go with me since they also have terrier in them and tend to wander. If I was hiking in the woods (cross country) they could go but we usually stick to back road or logging roads and while cars are rare - they do come along. Grizz is smart enough to get off the road but the little ones like to ride in cars and think that running under it is the way inside (dummies). Plus I have no packs for them and since they live inside (and in my bed) and grizz is outside - this is his time for my undevided attention.

Great to see so many new faces. Welcome all.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #17  
a brave new me...

Spideranne... your babies are adorable! You can resize the photo right in Photobucket...just hit the edit button for a particular photo. To insert the resized photo directly into your post, copy the "IMG" link instead of the "URL" link and paste it. I use Photobucket too... gotta love free web photo hosting!

ajandpj99, it sounds like you have quite the zoo at your place! How many animals do you have total? Anyone else have pets?

Last edited by Sojourner; 11-10-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Your dogs are all so cute!!!!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #19  

Well I'm off to Anaheim tomorrow!

I will try to pop in if I can but if not I will talk to you all in about a week's time!

Hope you all have a good week.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #20  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

No fair! You are getting there before me!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Sojourner - yes I have a zoo - thankfully I have space for them.

We have 3 little dogs (dot, arnold, danny) - inside - 1 big dog outside (grizz)

We have 3 outside cats (shaker, shiner, fester)

We have 3 horses (Pepsi, Beau, Kaipo (my colt))

Right now it is mud city out in the pastures - poor baby horse - I need to walk him in the creek and give his feet a soak since he isnt foot friendly yet.

Down the road - we plan to get more chickens (layers) - I had several but the racoons soon ate them all.

In addition to the chickens - we may end up with some beef stock and pork as well - but not till we get our house built. Too many mouths to feed now.

On the upside - my twice a day rounds to feed and clean stalls - is a great mini workout.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #22  

I'm back from SoCal - had a lovely time but it's good to be home.

Back to work tomorrow so I will be getting back into my routines.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #23  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am in my new home in SoCal. I am enjoying myself. My bf & I made Thanksgiving dinner for just us. It was fun.

Just trying to set up all my stuff in the apartment, and enjoying my last few days off.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #24  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi everyone! I am back on the loosing wagon. My baby is now 5 months old and is finally allowing me a little free time. Hubby lost job and I saw myself reaching for food and realized, I may not be able to control outside forces but I can control my diet and my excersice. So, here I am back again!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #25  

glad you are settling in Squeaker! Good luck with your new job!

Welcome back flower!

Back at work today and a ton of work to do so I will pop in tonight.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #26  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Hi All! Hope everyone had a good holiday..

Just a quick hey to let you all know I am alive.

Any Battlestar Galactica Fans here? The new one?

You can find me at http://battlestargalacticaforum.com it is tons of fun - we dont just discuss the show but we also have a little role playing game going on where we are all part of the Fleet. I am a minister on the Quorum of 12.

Stop in - check us out. We also do alot a debating/discussion on various topics that come up in the show, abortion, suicide bombers, genocide, the difference between being a terrorist and a freedom fighter and so on.

In addition to that - I have been spending a lot time working with my colt - teaching him voice commands - like a dog - so I wont have to yank the reigns when he is old enough to ride (my inexperience as a rider should not punish him) He is super smart and not afraid of anything.

We woke to snow this morning - and this is the colts first snow ever - didnt even seem to notice that the rain turned white and was falling like confetti.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #27  

Hey aj- I actually have met Richard Hatch a couple of times while working at gaming conventions. He is a very pleasant and highly intelligent person to talk to and still looks pretty good in person. I had to laugh - I actually got to meet my tween-age crush -I loved him in the original series.

I got some great news today - I passed my French exam! Yahoo! I am now officially bilingual!

Funny, when I was in Anaheim I met a young man from Paris and had a short conversation with him in French - you never know when a second language will come in handy!

Now I want to brush up on my Spanish and Italian since I can read and understand both languages but need to work on my writing and grammar skills for both so I can become more fluent. Right now I just have fun eavesdropping on people's conversations on the bus -

After that I'm thinking of attempting to learn Chinese or Arabic. I'm torn between the two - I bellydance and have a lot of Arabic music so I already know a few words here and there but then Chinese is one of the most prominent languages in the world so it would probably beneficial for my career to learn Chinese.

Squeaker - how is the new job going so far?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #28  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Mauv- I am impressed!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:41 AM   #29  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Mauv - that is so cool. Always nice to hear that the famous can be civil/down to earth.

Congrats on your bilingualness.

Another cold one today - 32 this morning - no precipatation - just frost. My toes are cold. Brrr.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Wow Mauv, learning languages is no easy job, congratulations. You mentioned gaming conventions... you weren't by any chance at GenCon SoCal?

AJ, are you anywhere near Eugene, OR? My hubby is considering law school there but I am kind a wimp when it comes to cold weather, especially snow. Are the winters really cold?
Closed Thread