Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:52 AM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Gorgeous photos! The first snowfall always seems so pretty. Odd that you are getting it so soon though.

It was 0c here this morning but it is supposed to warm up to 7 by the afternoon. I had to dig out a light scarf and gloves this morning. Its a beautiful sunny fall day here.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:25 PM   #17  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Well on the bright side, Sqeaker, at least your internet connection is still working.

Hey Lizz - tell me about this fall weather. If I go out between 10am and 4pm it is short sleeves. By 410 I am cold and within an hour of the sun setting I have to build a fire.

I watched the thermometer the other day and the temp went from 40 at 6am to 65 by 10 and 75 by 4, then dropped even faster and was down to 46 by 9pm and it was 38 the next morning. I think that was Mon-Tues.

When I go hiking I get all hot and sweaty and by the time we get back to the rigs I am freezing from the cold air on my sweaty skin. Brrrrr.

Rain coming this weekend - Sunday - Wed probably. Of course it was supposed to rain a few weeks ago and we never got any but Roseburg did. What a difference 35 miles makes.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:07 PM   #18  

I had a lazy day today. Slept in a bit and then spent the day putzing about the house. I'm working at a bazaar tomorrow so I have to get up early.

Nothing much planned for the weekend.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #19  

Good morning all!

I'm up early this morning to put hubby out to work - he's acting in an independent film that a friend is shooting this weekend.

My agenda today is cleaning and laundry - whoo!

We may have some friends over to watch movies tonight since we bought some DVDs at deep discounts last night ($6.99 each!).

What's everyone else up to today?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #20  
a brave new me...

Oh Mauv it was a lazy, lazy weekend! We caught up on some Battlestar Galactica shows we had missed, played with the puppy, cooked some really yummy meals, and generally relaxed. On Sunday we did clean out our kitchen pantries... emptied everything, wiped down the shelving, sorted and restocked. SO much better and I was shocked at how much yummy, healthy food was hiding in there. I also spent some time updating my recipe box so I have all sorts of healthy meal options.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #21  

sojo - great idea! I need to update my recipe file too as I've been getting a bit bored lately.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #22  
a brave new me...

Yeah I went through a bunch of old Cooking Light magazines that I had and tore out all the recipes that looked yummy. Then I went online to All Recipes and to Epicurious and searched through recipes to find things that looked good. Now I have a bunch of new meals to try and I have been totally excited about cooking again. Last night I went to Williams-Sonoma and spent too much money on some great new kitchen items... purchased gorgeous stainless steel measuring cups and spoons and new sea salt and pepper grinders. Luxuriously fabulous!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #23  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

oooo Williams-Sonoma, that is such a fun store!

I am popping in, but still crazy busy, making phone calls, packing, and all that other fun stuff. Maybe I will lose a bit of weight with all of this.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #24  
Must Shrink.

Hello to all, I'm back again. Every few years my weight creeps back and then I return...

I'm going to pop around and do some reading of posts to see what's up!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #25  
a brave new me...

Hey hi Lamorgan... I remember you! I just reappeared here after quite a lengthy absence myself. Welcome back!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #26  

Welcome back Lamorgan!

I remember you too!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #27  
Must Shrink.

Thanks for the welcome! We just moved from a small town we lived in for 8 years back to the city. And we downsized by about 1/3. It's been crazy. This time I joined WW officially, finally can get to meetings. Meetings help.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #28  
a brave new me...

Hey I joined WW too. The structure and meetings and official weigh ins have really helped me. I really love their flex plan and so far am down 8 pounds in three weeks!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Happy Halloween!!!

Closed Thread