alternachick?

• What is alternachick?
    what is the difference?
    sorry i'm so ignorant by i'm curious
  • Hello and welcome to the forum!

To quote from our Bio thread:

"The word Alternachicks basically grew from the word “alternative” an 80's reference to punk/new wave music. It reflects our different lifestyles and mindsets.

The Alternachicks are a diverse group of people from different walks of life who enjoy discussing books, music, poetry, art, crafts, hobbies, gaming, life the universe and everything! Oh, and we DO discuss dieting, exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. "

I started a thread called Alternachicks years ago on this board as I couldn't find a place that fit me and was trying to find people with similar interests. It grew into a forum and the rest is history!

Hope that helps answer your question.

Are you actually Turkish (cool!) or just living in Turkey (still cool!)? I Bellydance so I listen to quit a bit of Arabic and Turkish music.
  • I am turkish, and been living in turkey (born and raised!!)
    what do you listen to?

i just saw that thread, sorry for the question about alternachicks! (cringe!)
  • That's okay!

I think its amazing how people in different countries can connect like this.

I listen to a lot of different mixed cd's as arabic music is hard to find in the shops here but you can find some. The only famous Turkish artist I know is Tarkan but I am interested in finding more.

One of my favorite performers is Natacha Atlas and I have several of her cd's.

My other cd's are things like the Arabic DJ series, Arabic lounge, and mixed cd's of Turkish, Arabic, French, and Spanish music. - I think I have about 15 actual cd's and the rest are downloads from the internet, which I hate doing but since I can't find things here I do it. If I do actually find a cd of something I downloaded I will buy it since I feel that the artist should get paid for what they do.

If you have any Turkish artists that you can recommend that would be great - I am always on the lookout for new music!

So what do you do where you are?
  • Natacha Atlas used to teach belly dancing years ago (Northampton in the UK) and I went to her classes and also went to see Transglobal Underground loads of times.
  • Lucky you!!! She is awesome! I just downloaded her new album as it is not available here yet but I will buy it if I see it.