Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Alternachick chat - August 2006

Well here we are into August!

It's way too hot here so I am just soaking up the a/c at work

I'm so excited to be going on vacation as of Saturday! I fly out to Indiannapolis on Tuesday and I am really looking forward to my trip and a break from everything.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #2  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Mauvais
That sounds like a great trip! I hope you have a great time and have beautiful weather too.
Virginia
Old 08-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #3  

Thanks virginia!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #4  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Have Fun Mauv! We had our heat wave last week and the week before. Looking at lo to mid 80's this week reaching 90 by the weekend and then going down again next week.

The crickets have already started which means an early fall and warm days followed by cool crisp nights.

My neices have been here since Sat. Staying in the cabin alone and cooking for themselves. They seem to be having a good time. Tonight we are going to the lake and having a BBQ there.

Tomorrow night I have another hill climb hike and the girls will have tacos with DH. Or DU to them (darling uncle). LOL

Friday is open so I need to think of something fun for us to do on their last day.

Going home this Sat.

We are planning an overnight hike back to grasshopper meadow probably the 19th. My friend said the wind goes through the trees at night and it sounds like they are singing. Cant wait. Since it is a short hike to the meadow, we will base camp there and go up to the cliffs and other sites from that point.

Better get back to work.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #5  

Sounds like you are having a lovely time with your nieces.

Well I've been putting of doing laundry because of the heat. The hydro company has asked that people not use their washing machines or dishwashers and to limit a/c use so that the power grids aren't overloaded.

I will have to get it done sometime on the weekend so I can pack.

It is still hot here though not as humid as yesterday.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #6  

So what's everyone up to this weekend?

We have a 3-day weekend up here and we plan to relax and hang out with some friends - basically have a low-key weekend.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #7  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Hi all!

The girls are headed back to portland today - dropping them at the bus stop at 1130am.

I think they had a super time - I mean what teenager wouldnt love having a house to themselves for a week? Even though they found a couple families of mice living in the dressers and even a bull snake. I told them they should have let the snake stay since he would take care of the mice - but they were freaked and shooed him out the door. That was tuesday.

All tolled, they had a shopping trip, fireworks at the fair, we walked the creek, visited my baby horse, rode the big horses twice, the DN16 got a driving lesson, we went to the lake and rode the waverunners and swam, we BBQ'd, played on Myspace and they watched tons of movies and each read a whole book while they were here.

DN12 did all the cooking (super mature for her age) and they did a great job of cleaning up yesterday.

I imagine that next summer I will have them longer just because of the cabin helps us all get along. What with me not having any kids but being a professional aunt since age 8. Plus these two are cousins vs siblings so they get along really well, despite the age difference, but I am sure that is because DN12 is so mature and DN16 is a little less mature than your avg 16 yo.

While in Roseburg I will do some extra shopping since DH hunting coming up at the end of the month and I wont go again until labor day weekend.

Then tomorrow I have to get the laundry cleared out and put some videos on vhs for grads and weddings that I recently taped for friends.

Back to normal on Monday. Going to see Alice Cooper under the full moon on Wed at the fair in Roseburg. Walking on Mon and Thurs. Next weekend fairly light then overnite hike on the 18th & 19th.

Anyone else doing anything?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #8  

I still haven't done the laundry!

I went out early yesterday to get my hair cut and spent 1/2 an hour browsing at a book store before choosing a new book.

DH and I then went out for lunch and some shopping in Chinatown.

We had our goddaughter staying with overnight on Saturday- she's about 8 and a great kid.

We had a lot of fun - DH got her to help him cook dinner and then we went for a walk, picked up some ice cream pops and ate them on the walk to the nearby lake. We fed the ducks, saw some fish and then walked among the city flower beds sniffing all the flowers and figuring out what our favorite ones were.

When we got home we watched a movie toghether until bed time.

This morning we watched cartoons while eating breakfast and then her grandma came to pick her up.

We're just relaxing at the moment but I have to pop out later to pick up a few things.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #9  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Well I didnt accomplish a thing. After dropping off the girls - I spent 4+ hrs shopping in town then came home and just relaxed until dinner. Went to sleep early on Sat. Sunday I sent DH off to work at 11 am and then decided that since I had been so busy all week that I would just chill and catch up on doing nothing for a few hours.

Back to work today followed by a quick trip to Canyonville for horse grain, dog pool and the ATM. Tonight is my Hill climb walk. It is 2.1 miles to where we turn around so 4.2 miles total. The first 1 mile is all uphill and a steady 6-8% incline. Total butt and calf workout. Plus I carry my pack to get in shape for overnight hikes.

Later
Old 08-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #10  

Okay, laundry and packing got done this afternoon!

But I have to leave for the airport at 6:30 a.m tomorrow -
So I'll be having an early night.

I will be away for about a week but I will have access to a computer where I am so I will try to pop in to say hello.

Hope you all have a great week!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 AM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Have a wonderful time Mauvais!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:12 PM   #12  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Hope you're having a loverly vacation Mauv!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

All excited I just got a ticket for this for my birthday

Old 08-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #14  

Cool! That looks like it will be fun!

Well I'm back from my holiday and a little travel weary. I had a great time, hung out with friends and stayed mostly op.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:12 AM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

welcome back mauv!

Well, I've been back and forth from the doctors office lately. I went in for cramping, numbing, stabby painful legs, and came out with a pre-diabetes diagnosis. How that happened, i'm still not sure.
I have lost 3 pounds in the last 2 weeks, which is a start. I am taking more tests to find out if I also have the ominous "syndrome x" which my mom has. Next week is a nutritionist who can tell me what I've been doing wrong.. and then hopefully I can start following some set guidelines to feel better.
I'm kind of annoyed with the whole pre-diabetes, I guess I'll have to do a little more research on it, because it kinda sounds like "a little bit pregnant" or something.. either you have it or not, but I'm sure I'm wrong.
We'll find out in about a week or so...

hope all is going better for the other chicks ...
Closed Thread