Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #16  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Lizz- hope all goes well for you - I know what you mean - the doctors tell my aunt she is borderline diabetic - so basically her blood sugar is high but not at that OMG level. OF course now she takes meds for it and may be in denial.

I have been wondering if I might be - it does run in the family - becuase if I dont eat before I exercise - I get super light headed - and lately (not to be gross) but my sweat stinks - even if I just showered before hiking and I have never really had that issue before. I would sweat but not smell - unless it was hygene related - but lately - and if I can smell it - you know it is worse to everyone else. Ick!

It may just be that I am a late bloomer - or it could be too much protien in the diet - or just my system cleansing out the toxins and taking its time and it will pass if I keep up the water and sweating ritual. Since I loathe the medical profession - I doubt I will be getting a check up anytime soon - I will wait until I get sick - that is my way...LOL
Old 08-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Lizziness - sorry to hear about your health problems. I think if you are prediabetic you can still do something to prevent becoming a diabetic. My friend was recently diagnosed and her doctor has ordered her to lose weight and eat better, more exercise etc. and is monitoring her for the time being.

I was diagnosed with high blood sugar when I was a kid and was told to cut back on sweets and products that had sugar in them. (ie. sugared treats, cereal, canned fruit etc.) and it turned out okay.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:41 PM   #18  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yeah, I'm not too worried. I mean, i will be taking it seriously, but i'm not worried about diabetes at this point. Mom has it, and syndrome x, and dad has diabetes, both my grandfathers as well, so it's only a matter of time unless i do something finally.

I'm more worried about the syndrome x at this point, because that could mean more problems... pcos, not being able to lose the weight no matter how hard i try, etc... I'm actually looking forward to talking to the nutritionist and learning what to do. Because diets just aren't working for me. I mean, they'll work, but then i get mad and stop following them.

pj - i didn't know that smelly sweat was a sign... i have noticed that this summer. but... then, maybe i was just buying the wrong deodorant. *LOL* It has been hotter in oregon this year too...

I'll find out in a week about the syndrome. Boy, it is not as easy to have blood taken before eating than after eating. i was so light headed, and honestly i have been pretty much all day a little... off feeling. bleck.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #19  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Hey Lizz- the symtoms for diabetes comes up alot at the firehouse because often someone having a diabetic episode will appear drunk and so we have to know what to look for so we dont assume someone is just tipsy. And I beleive bad breath and smelly sweat are symtoms because your body is overloaded with ketones and they dont smell good. Web MD is a good place for more info.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I'm all excited, 24 hours until I go bog trotting/mud wading/paddling at Reading Festival its Reading no 19 for me

Last edited by Moo :); 08-22-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Hey Moo - sounds like loads of muddy fun! Are u going all three days? Too cool. Sometimes I wish I had the time to go concert hopping like before living together and marriage and jobs and animals and volunteering - not to mention being really lazy on occasion and no concerts like this in the boonies. LOL

I would like to coordinate something like this for our Fire Dept as a fund raiser - but that is another project for another time.

Can I live vicariously through you instead? Maybe send us some "wish you were here" photos?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #22  
Pending Email Confirmation

how old do i feel that i've only heard of like 1/3 or less of those bands... but... yay, flogging molly.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Yup I'm off for the 3 days and the day before before *groans*. Its raining in the UK, its going to be muddy and I may be old but the day I can't make it to Reading or Glastonbury or any other festival is the day I roll over and die

AJ - you're never to old/busy to do it - so do it its fun I'm a busy bunny most of the time but I've always got time for music
Old 08-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #24  

Moo - that looks like loads of fun! Give us a report on how it went so we can live vicariously through you.

Well, I've finally recovered from the convention I went to. I should have taken an extra day off work last week. But it's back to business as usual and I had a quiet weekend to myself to decompress so all is well.

I do need to get back to my exercise routine though so I am hoping to start my yoga classes again next week and my bellydance classes start in late September - I can't wait!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #25  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Moo - I hope you had fun at the festival!

Lizzi - I hope this all works out for you!

Hi to Mauvais & AJ! And anyone else out there lurking.

I am back. I have had a crazy last few weeks. I was out in sunny CA for about a week. Right before that my nephew ended up in the emergancy room again for breathing issues. He is fine, but I had to leave for CA the next day, which wasn't easy. I did go and got to spend time with my boyfriend (it still makes me giggle to say that), and a bunch of girls from college I hadn't seen in years. We all had a wonderful time. The boy & I went to see Toad the Wet Sprocket. It was so much fun.

I can't wait to get a new job and move. (and I *still* can't believe I am going). I never thought I would be this excited. Work has been crazy lately, but I finally have a whole week to do nothing important! I am going to catch up on some documentation I have been meaning to write. And just try to get things together for when I leave. They already know I am on my way out. Just a matter of when.

I promise to try and check in more often. I have been reading - just haven't had the time to actually sit and type much.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

Hey there.. I'm *new* here and just popping in to say hey..
And I can't wait for the weekend! Long weekend means less work! *wahoo*
Old 08-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #27  

Hey Squeaker! Glad you had fun in CA. and that your nephew is okay.

Hi jergersengel! I'm looking forward to the long weekend too - we might be going to Toronto for the weekend.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5ft 5

Wow. Toronto's absolutly beautiful! Hope you get to go and have a wonderful time!
I think we're just going to SC hopefully for one day and see my grandparents! (My grandma is a little odd so she's good in small doses! lol)
Old 08-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #29  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Hello ALL Y'ALL!!

Hope everyone is loving this Tuesday?

4 day weekend coming up for me - I get new tires for my truck tomorrow and going on a 2 night hike to Fish Lake this weekend Fri-Sun. Cant Wait!!

I WI on Friday but might not have time to post until Sunday.

Welcome to all newbies!!

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #30  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm envious moo! so many good bands! I'm going to HarvestFest here in Minnesota in a few weeks...so i'm pretty psyched!
Closed Thread