3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   August Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/90145-august-challenge.html)

Wanttolosealot 07-26-2006 03:42 PM

August Challenge!

Hi guys!
Just thought I would pledge my challenge for August early! I hope to lose 10 lbs in August. I will drink my water, exercise at least 3 times a week cardio and twice weight training, keep a positive attitude and stick with it. I will also try to stay away from chocolate, no promises there though. That is my biggest down fall. By this time next year I hope to have been in or at least entered in a marathon, to at least finish it whether it be by running, walking or crawling across the finish line.:carrot:
Take care all and have a great summer!
Hugs Virginia

Liz-z78 07-26-2006 05:31 PM

Hi Virginia,
I'm new here but seem to have a lot of the same goals as you. I want to lose 10 lbs. in August as well. Plus do cardio 4 times a week and weight training 3 times. My long term goal is to run a marathon as well... I've been saying it for years but I really really want to do it. How much do you run now? Me I can't even run a 5K now but that is my first mini-goal. We'll have to egg each other on so that we both make our goals! :)

Wanttolosealot 07-30-2006 08:22 PM

Hi Liz
I am not running at all yet, just walking and cutting my time down. I need to get a good sports bra before I start jogging as I do not want to give myself black eyes. Haha! I have a friend who has run them before and she tells me it is a lot of hard work and training but that I can do it. I will truely take discipline and a lot of hard work. I am currently doing 5.3 kms about twice a week, but I have slacked off this week, but need to get back on track, so yes it would be great to have a run buddy even through the computer. Lets log on daily and tell each other what we have done or not done. Maybe by being accountable to each other we will be able to reach our goals faster.
Chat tomorrow!
Virginia

Liz-z78 07-31-2006 08:40 PM

Hi Virginia!
I got my first walk to run workout in today. 30 seconds jogging, 4.5 minutes walking x7 for a total of 35 minutes plus a warmup and cooldown. So all in all I did a total of 45 minutes. Felt good even though I was drenched with sweat by the time I was done. Even with the air on in the gym it was hot. The weather here is hot and humid so I couldn't get an outside walk in today. :( I also got in plenty of water and ate well today.
How did you do today?
I keep on thinking about how it would feel to cross a marathon finish line. It would be such an accomplishment. I know it is going to be a lot of hard work but I know we can both do it. :)
Hope all is well with you and I'll check in again tomorrow.
Liz

Liz-z78 08-01-2006 07:51 PM

Hello Virginia,
Getting motivated to exercise today was hard, this heat is killer. I finally did put in a push.tv dvd and did the strength training portion of that and followed it up with a Turbo Jam dvd. Thank God for DVD's when it is this unbearable outside.
Hope everything is going well with you and hope to hear from you soon!
Liz

ajandpj99 08-02-2006 01:51 PM

I posted my goals on the august mini challenge thread

Wanttolosealot 08-13-2006 04:36 PM

Well, I started out the first of August at 234, and now I am down to 228. Down 6 lbs so far, hopefully I can keep it up and continue to lose!
I am going to start Simply for Life I think in September. Is there anyone in the group who is taking it that can give me their opinion on it?
Ginny