Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:53 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Punkinseed. I just happened to be lurkin' 'round 3FC, which I normally am not anymore, and noticed ye in here and wanted to see how ye are doin'. Congrats on the weight loss and on being an auntie again. Have a good rest o' the week.

Hi, also to all the Alternachicks who dwelleth herein.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi Punkinseed! Good to hear from you and I'm glad you are doing well.

Congratulations on the 42 lbs lost!

Hey Amarantha!

Way to go on the skating Tani!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I need some sort of mantra, I stepped on the frigging scale and lost nothing after 2 weeks, I'm starving myself (well ok, not starving but not cheating either) and nothing, ugh... As I mentioned before I am not really wiccan myself, but I do believe, so doesn't someone have like some kind of spell I can use, maybe just some sound words of wisdom hold on my keyboard is getting waterlogged from tears,

okay that's better, anyway, hope everyone had a great day, I gotta go chase down Zoe and get her dressed, not that she'll keep clothes on, that is what I get for letting her run around in the yard naked during Summer Solstice,
Old 07-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #19  

Here is one that Tani posted in the Paganchicks forum. I thought it was great and use it. It is on the thread about the body as a sacred temple.

Blessed be my feet, that have brought me to these ways.
Blessed be my knees, that shall kneel at the sacred altar.
Blessed be my sex, without which we would not be.
Blessed be my breasts, formed in strength & beauty.
Blessed be my lips, that shall utter the sacred names.

Sometimes you have to think "Blessed Me" and not just Blessed Be.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #20  
Is it Friday yet?

Oh I love that, "blessed me" instead of blessed be. That is a nice statement about loving and giving to yourself. So often we give to others and put ourselves at the end of the list.

Hi Amarantha! Long time! Good to see you're still around'ish too.

buonoj13, you have my sympathy. I'm in the same boat as you - same as the week before the 4th. But I've noticed that sometimes my best weeks are when I quit thinking "this is never going to happen" or "geez I'm still not losing!". It's like you are what you think or believe. Believe you'll lose, think you're shrinking and somehow you're body follows. Beliefs and thoughts are powerful things, even if you have doubt, fake it till ya make it!

Just a quick check in before getting back to work. I got my dad sent back off to Arizona. Now I can get out of the restraunts. Love him dearly but he won't let me cook for him (and I CAN cook!) so I've eaten almost every meal out since Sunday. Ug.... I feel icky and actually looking forward to oatmeal and fresh blueberries for breakfast tomorrow!

Hugs all around,

Terri
Old 07-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default my buck and a half

Hi Chicks!

Let me just say "dont ever give up". The more weight you have to lose the faster it comes off at the beginning, but as we get within say 20-30 lbs of our goal it gets harder, at least it has for me.

And at some point along the way I would hit plateaus either from too much exercise where our muscles start to build and thus balance out our caloric efforts or from boredom with the choices we give ourselves.

Thats the clinical reason - now for a less clinical - more universal, wish it made sense but it doesnt reason - I have actual found that the occasional "pig out" or cheat actually kicks your metabolism in the butt and off comes more weight.

All I know is that about 30 or 35 lbs ago I plateaued and went 2-3 months without so much as a wiggle from the scale. I was weighing, measuring, counting and exercising. One day we went to a bbq and I ate what was available if not necessarily on my plan or even within my calories for the day and that next weigh in the scale had moved and good 5 lbs.

I figured that my system was just locked up thinking there was no "normal" food to eat - so by reminding the body that if I really want to eat goodies, I can, and the body responded by releasing some more storage.

So if you are being really good - maybe you are being too good? Remind your body that treats are ok in moderation and that just because you are trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle, the world is not out of junk food and at any time you want - you can treat yourself - you simply have to choose how often you really need those treats and find a balance.

Life is too short to live on wheat grass and herbal supplements 24/7 - part of what makes life worth living is the little pleasures from a chocolate sundae to day at the spa.

Why be healthy to live longer if you really arent living? Obvioulsy some people live a bit too much, but hopefully you get my meaning on moderation.

Anyway this ideology has worked for me and I think others have had similar experiences. As long as I dont delude myself into thinking it was the chocolate cake that made me lose weight - "eat it everyday lose more weight?" I will be fine.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #22  

ajandpj99, I knew I was going to love this group!!!! Thanks, I am thinking positive thoughts, thinking positive thoughts, thinking, thinking, thinking about having some dark chocolate. Just a little, maybe it is too much deprivation.

Thanks mauvaisroux and punkin as well, I appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #23  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

buonoj13,

It's hard to offer specific advice without knowing more about what your plan is like. Changing up my exercise routine, though, always got the scale moving for me again if I was having a stall. Hang in there, and don't forget to take measurements, they can be much more enlightening than the number on the scale sometimes

I like the Blessed me too Mauv

And I have a bit of dark chocolate every day, and did so during my weight loss phase too It is a food group isn't it??
Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #24  

I believe chocolate falls under the dairy category!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #25  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

And just to be gross - chocolate has other effects - what goes in must comes out - right?
Old 07-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #26  

Not if you are eating the good chocolate!
Nothing beats Black & Green's Organic Chocolate for me!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

Mauv - hubby and i recently discovered them. Sooooo good. And the best part is, one bar can literally last you all week! it's so rich, even if you wanted to eat the whole bar - you couldn't. It works really well, quality instead of quantity. and i feel a lot better about those than i do any of those sugar free things. a little bit bad is better than mystery chemicals, right?

And a happy belated birthday to you, Mauv.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #28  

Thanks Lizziness!

I agree, I would rather have a little bit of the real deal than the phoney "diet" stuff that doesn't taste that great anyway.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:25 PM   #29  

I actually think chocolate should be it's own food group, sheer perfection, maybe it's more like medicine, I'll try the one you mentioned.

Happy Birthday Mauv. My baby girl's birthday is very near years, artistic July people. I love 'em.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #30  

Wink

that year's should have been your's, sorry to sound like a dolt.
Closed Thread