Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #16  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

We tried to watch King Kong (remake) this weekend and neither of us thought it was worth staying awake for. It did have excellent special effects but it was too Jurrasic Park and also a bit cartoonish - and to add insult to injury it was over 3 hrs long. All my husband could say was he felt sorry for anyone that sat through it at the theater.

I am all for grandious effects and larger than life characters - but when most of the people survive a stampede of Brachiasauruses (spelling) you have to wonder what the director/writer was on when he wrote the scene. If, however, the point was to spoof the original and make a comedy where lots of people die but the show must go on - then they did a great job.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

aj- love your review

We watched a movie called Trauma last night starring Mena Suvari and Colin Firth. Meh It was slow, had a somewhat convoluted plot and never seemed to be going anywhere - I was glad when if finally ended.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #18  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Watched History of Violence last night with Viggo Moritson and Ed Harris. Slow start, graphic(this was only good thing), a tad confusing at times, overall a bit dull and the ending left me wanting - wanting the last 2 hrs back. LOL

DH said he hoped this movie hadnt won any awards and apologized for making me hold it till he could watch (BBonline DVD).
Old 07-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

I felt the same way about that movie. Hubby and his brother just loooooooved it though. I still don't know why.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #20  

Watched an older movie - I am the cheese. I rented it because it's based on the book, by Robert Cormier and I read that book like 4 times when I was in Jr High/ High School. Mostly because I had a hard time understanding it. *L* I am glad I watched it it's a bit slow and honestly some parts I just fast forwarded through because they were too slow. But it was pretty good and it helped me to finaly understand the book.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:07 AM   #21  

Watched The Devil Wears Prada. I liked it, but didn't love it. It had potential to be better. I loved Meryl Streep in it, and whoever that girl is grew up and isn't a bad actress. I would give it a B-
Old 07-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #22  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Her name is Ann Hathaway - re Disney The Princess Diaries and voice of Red in Hoodwinked.

We watched Hoodwinked last night - kinda cute - not great - not even close to being as funny as shrek - but if you having nothing better to do it was a reasonable distraction. Depends on what you pay for rentals -dvd club worth it - video store, not.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I'll qualify as the lame one this week, took the kids to see Cars, it was an 1 hour and half too long, the potential to be cute was there, but they went no where with the characters, and it could have been so cute.

Also so X-Men, same thing not near as good as the first 2, however, Famke Janssen, is just hot as ever. I am a big comic book geek, so I wanted to love it, but I just liked it. Beast was pretty damn cool tho.

Next is Pirates, and frankly I don't care if it sucks or not (which I have now heard from several people that it does) but get out of town, I'd lick the sweat of Johnny Depp (sorry if that offended anyone)
Old 07-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #24  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Offended? Here? Hardly. And going from Famke to Depp only makes your statement more interesting.

Beast was great - and one the reasons I was dissappointed - not enough details on their past. I really wanted to know more about Angel too and hoped he would help the team, plus no teleporter and he was cool.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #25  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm afraid you would have to fight me for Johnny!

We watched Dracula 3 Ascension last night. It was okay but not great. Mind you Jason Scott Lee as an vampire killing kung fu priest was pretty cool

Then we watched Dark Water. Meh! It started off slow, wasn't that creepy, kind of predictable and it seemed to have four endings tacked on to it. Like, is the movie over yet? Glad we ony paid $6.99 for it previously viewed - I would have been annoyed to have paid for it in the theatre and now I can trade it in at the local used dvd place and get something else.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:45 AM   #26  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Speaking of Depp and wanting to lick him.... I watched The Libertine. It was kinda like Quills, but no naked Geoffrey Rush. Depp plays the Earl of Rochester, who , uh, REALLY likes his women & alcohol. I liked it. It was a good movie.

I also watched 8MM, which was good, but disturbing.

Also, Winters Passing. It has Ed Harris, and Will Farrell in a drama. It wasn't bad. A bit odd. Nothing great, but a decent rental.

Friday my sister & I was The Devil Wears Prada. I agree with Lizzi, good, fun afternoon movie.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #27  
searching 4 the real me

My hubbs and I took the kids to go see Cars a couple of weeks ago and I thought It was a cute movie. The kids really loved it.

We got a chance to see the the Superman movie, not to bad. It was actually alot better then what I thought.

I am now wanting to see the Pirates movie with Johnny Depp. He is such a hottie!! I loved him in the first one.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 PM   #28  
it's always something

I finally saw the 40 year old virgin this weekend. Loved it

I'm excited because I just round out An Inconvenient Truth has come to town - I've watched for it eagerly for a long time. Oddly, it's just here for a couple of days so I have to see it tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 198/194/140

Height: 5'4"

I was laughing so hard reading through this thread that dh came in to found out what was going on. He saw Johnny Depp's name on the screen and said "of course" and walked out. Made me laugh even more, I guess I should quit framing the Rolling Stone layout's of him.

I am looking forward to seeing the Libertine. I heard mixed things about the movie and I have a feeling it doesn't end on a happier note.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #30  

Yeah i heard it got bad reviews - but i would watch him in anything. i don't care.
Closed Thread