Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Yay for the quitting smokers! Best of luck, guys!

And I just wanted to say I love your tagline ChunkyHannah. One of my rewards once I get to my goal weight is to go out and buy the sexiest buckleiest boots (no matter the cost).

As for my friends, I think I pretty much just have to ignore them. They're very cool in their own ways, although maybe a bit to pesudo-intellectual for their own good. But since I'm new in town and my hubby is really getting along with them great, I guess I'll just suck it up.

Maybe it's just a real lack of understanding. Even the ones who are overweight don't seem to see their weight as a problem (or if they do, they keep it under wraps). And the others have metabolisims of birds, so maybe being excited about finding health is too far beyond their scope.

Or maybe they're smoking too much pot. Sometimes the easiest answer.....
Old 05-08-2006, 06:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyHannah
Thanks, and congratulations to you!! Well, on the quitting, not on the going insane! The first few days were the worst. I wanted to eat everything in the house, I was incredibly cranky, and I nearly killed several people. If you want to about it or get some support, feel free to PM me. Hopefully you have some people in your life who are supporting you in this, that makes it a lot easier. I didn't even tell anyone that I was quitting, they just eventually noticed. Well, I told my boyfriend after the first few days (since he was one of the people I nearly killed...oops). And as a non-smoker, he always said he wanted me to quit, but when it came down to it, he decided he'd rather have me smoking than cranky and non-smoking. Wonderful.
Thanks Hun, I'm at work today for the first time, its not been half as bad as I thought it would be, I ate the house yesterday, luckily I'm at work so I can't get hold of any extra food, I've drunk enough tea to fill a bath tub and surprise surprise got on the scales this am and lost 4lb's!!!!!! since Friday ... hmmm fluke or luck?

I feel a bit of a space cadet at the moment though ... bit like being a bit stoned mmmmmmm
Old 05-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #18  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
From Moo
Thanks Hun, I'm at work today for the first time, its not been half as bad as I thought it would be, I ate the house yesterday, luckily I'm at work so I can't get hold of any extra food, I've drunk enough tea to fill a bath tub and surprise surprise got on the scales this am and lost 4lb's!!!!!! since Friday ... hmmm fluke or luck?
This is off topic a hair - but I just saw a medical tip for Men (not sure if works for women) who have weight issues to periodically (during the course of dieting and not everyday obviously) have a scarf day -where you eat whatever you want, as much as you want and it supposedly kick your metabolism in the butt and will actually make you lose more weight (just dont do it daily).

Looking back over the last year for me - I could see where this theory is correct because it seemed like whenever I would have a "bad" eating day - the scale would take a leap downward the following weekend WI.

I think that if you are very strict about your eating - that your body goes to sleep and pigging out wakes it up again, reminds it you are not starving and that if you really want to - there is more food to eat.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Trish
Old 05-09-2006, 05:49 AM   #19  

Love the Goth look but never did it myself..would hae had to have used industrial amounts of conccealer/white foundation to hide my rosy cheeks for a start... and don't get me started on the skinny clothes (ok I have seen many chubby goths and nothing wrong with that!).
Closed Thread