3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Marvelous May Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/83246-marvelous-may-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 05-02-2006 10:47 AM

Marvelous May Challenge!

Godo morning all :coffee:

Anyone up for a challenge this month? Starting May 1 and ending May 31 you can post whatever goals you wish to reach.

This month I am focusing on increasing my exercise and drinking more water.

May goals:

Water - 8 glasses per day
Exercise - 30 minutes per day

Good luck everyone! :lucky:

lizziness 05-02-2006 08:38 PM

My goal this month is to keep up with the 3 days a week work outs and start to incorporate healthier foods into our diet.
Also, a huge challenge and we'll see if i can do it. I am going to try to go a month without pepsi. It'll be hard, i'm addicted... but i've got to do it. I'm going to aim for pop alltogether but pepsi is the big one. We'll see if i can break the hold it has on me. *LOL*
i swear it was easier to quit smoking... maybe because pepsi is so much cheaper. :)

ajandpj99 05-03-2006 01:09 PM

If you dont buy it - you cant drink it or eat it as the case may be - that is my trick - go shopping on a full stomach - nothing sounds good then and only get whats on the list. Of course I have an advantage in that it is not convenient to run up to the store for cravings and I work at home so no evil vending machines. :devil:

Anyway - for May - lose 3 more lbs to a nice even 195 (20 lbs from goal). Get back to working out with hubby - we kinda slacked at the end of the month as he was hanging sheetrock in the woodshop and that is plenty work out.

So 3 lbs, 2 weight training (upper body) min per week. More water always - getting warmer so that will be easy. Get my hiking buddy on a weekly 2-4 hr hike (lower body, cardio).

Last month I did sit down and journal my eating for few days just to see if I was messing up but I really wasnt - it should take about 2200 calories a day to maintain the weight I am - I average 1200-1500 a day. And that works out right since I am losing 3-5 lbs a month must be about a lb a week.
:dizzy:
If I can get more exercise in - the calories will go faster - yard work season so that will help too. And with the new baby horse - I dont have time to munch - barely time to eat at all. :carrot:

Tani 05-03-2006 01:24 PM

May goals:

Maintain my weight under 140
Keep doing my physical therapy exercises every day
Keep taking my vitamins

I'm so boring ;)

ajandpj99 05-03-2006 03:25 PM

Tani - you most certainly are not boring. What you are, my dear, is an inspiration to the rest of us. :hug:

Your high weight was above mine and now you are 60 lbs lighter than me - that is quite an acheivement and you should be so proud of yourself. :D

I so look forward to the day when my goal is simply to "not gain back" that what I have lost.

you go girl! :carrot:

mauvaisroux 05-12-2006 02:52 PM

Update - well so far so good. I have been able to walk at lunch time for 30 minutes most days and DH and I have gone on a couple of 2 hour walks.

I am planning on doing yoga on Saturday morning. :D

Water - well I'm managing 4 glasses per day at work so I'm still working on it.

mauvaisroux 06-01-2006 09:46 AM

Well I've gotten better with the exercise and the water so I would say goals were met for me this month :D

Moving on to June!

ajandpj99 06-01-2006 01:36 PM

Must be the "alternate" exercise

Hee Hee. ;)

Managed to lose 4 lbs - at 194 now. Did not resume my work out with hubby but we have been trying some "alternate" forms of cardio/calorie burning :devil: and playing with the baby horse seems to burn a few too. :carrot: Warmer weather has made the water consumption easier.

lizziness 06-01-2006 01:46 PM

i did it!!! i met a goal! I did not drink a pepsi this entire month!! i didn't die or anything. woot!

we've pretty much kept up with the three days a week at the pool. not feeling like i'm getting enough work out though so i may have to rethink my goals.

Tani 06-01-2006 04:02 PM

I didn't do too badly on my May goals. :) My weight at month's end is 137, I took my vitamins almost every single day (I missed two or three days) and I did my physical therapy about 6 days a week. Now on to June and more strength training!

mauvaisroux 06-01-2006 08:23 PM

Way to go chickies! :bravo: