Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #1  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Default What is an Alternachick?

Excuse me for just jumping in here.. I've looked at your stickies but still can't seem to figure it out.. I've been curious about this for weeks so I thought I would just ask.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

From Mauvais' first post in the Bio thread -

Welcome to the Alternachicks forum

The word Alternachicks basically grew from the word “alternative” an 80's reference to punk/new wave music. It reflects our different lifestyles and mindsets.

The Alternachicks are a diverse group of people from different walks of life who enjoy discussing books, music, poetry, art, crafts, hobbies, gaming, life the universe and everything! Oh, and we DO discuss dieting, exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle

We have a general forum for discussions on various topics, an exercise thread and several challenge threads throughout the year. We also have a “Fab Food” forum in which you can find recipes and post your own favorites, new food products to try, recommended cookbooks and magazines and where you can post any food related questions.

Another feature of the Alternachicks forum is the Veggie chicks section in which vegetarians and vegans can meet and chat with other like minded individuals. We also invite those with an interest in organic foods and lifestyles to post here and share information with others.

We also have a Paganchicks forum for those wishing to meet others who follow earth based paths.

If you would like to know more about us please check out the Alternachicks Bio thread. Anyone can jump in and start a new thread or add to an existing one.

So, I guess the short answer is someone a little "different".
Old 04-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Thank you!
Closed Thread