Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 04:03 AM   #16  

I loved Ajand's reply for Jessica! Great! I bet you are chuffed now Jessica that you had your own personal stalker ...but you let her go!!! Run after her!

Going back to backhanded compliments I have only had the one (that I can remember). I was in Spain with a friend and this women and her husband started talking to us and said I had lovely eyes and would look even better if I lost weight. The dilemma here is... Should I have said it would take plastic surgery for her nose and close set eyes to look any good?!

She was one of those flash Essex cows who think if they have gold jewellry everywhere they automatically look good. Ew! Her hubbie was one ugly dog too.

I just smiled (I was tipsy) and looked at her nose.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

AJ-FUNNY!! I like the idea of tracking the "stalker" down!! By the way...imagine what I'll be like as a little old lady! My grandmother was only up to my shoulder when she died!!

Mauvais-You fashion queen you!! I'm always a SLOB, so I wonder why they stop me?!?

Peacock-Don't you love it?!? It is always the most flawed people who make comments like that. I always feel like saying, "I can always lose weight, but you'll never GET a personality!"
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

The Fashion Maven thing comes from working in retail clothing stores for 10 years - I feel like I can't be seen in public slobbed out - then of course, that would be the one time I would run into someone I know or an ex-boyfriend and be totally embarrassed
Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #19  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

I dont think people pay attention to what you are wearing - they are lost and confused in a great big new store and you seem to not be lost so they assume you must work here or at least can shove them in the right direction.

I remember when I was a waitress I wore a dress one day that was a bit clingly but hardly gross looking when this *****y old women first tells me how bad it looks on me - ok she is short and wide and critiquing my outfit. Then after running my *** off waiting on her and being just as pleasant as one can be after being insulted from the get go - then she comes up to pay and is all snooty and tells me, "you know, it is so obvious that you dont like your job, maybe you try something else" Excuse me but no matter how much I like my job or not I am alway smiling and happy so where the **** did she get that? I think I said some thing like - "well, I used to like my job" and was thinking "before I met you, you hateful cow!"

Then back when I only thought I was fat and so wasnt - I worked at Wards and had a lady ask me when I was due - I said oh about 15 years. She was embarrassed and I laughed it off trying to figure out why she thought the tiny pooch I had was any indication of motherhood - must have been the Laura Ashley ruffle around the waist that did it. LOL

I moved to a small town where noone over 20 wears makeup unless it is a special occasion and bras are optional. My kinda town!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:56 PM   #20  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Oh AJ, you're giving me retail **** flashbacks!!

The little old men who would pinch my butt in the bakery when I'd reach over the window display to get something from them, and the middle aged women who called me honey and talked to me like I was a toddler. Oy.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:13 AM   #21  

Yeah we have all had crap jobs at some time or another I think. I can laugh now but hated my training scheme of supposedly going all round a Department Store training. In reality - I spent my time on the toy counter - Kids! Great! and their parents! Super Great! and Menswear - ugh. Mostly old smelly men coming in or boyfriends showing off in front of their giggly girlfriends who have only come in to put down the trainee.

Fond memories indeed....
Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #22  

Nice
Old 12-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #23  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Well on a happier note...I changed my avatar - time to get into the holiday spirit - yes we are slow, but I dont have kids and not going to be with the big family and DH probably working on Christmas so I am just not in the mood - trying to be - I usually love to decorate but I have so much to do it is like why bother?

Oh well - getting better. We did get our ornament for this year - 16th Christmas together - this year is a carousel horse that looks just like one of the horse we got this spring so that is cool.

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 12-15-2005, 11:37 AM   #24  

LOVE the reindeer!! I'm not in the holiday spirit AT ALL. Had to buy shoes for my son and hem tuxedo pants for a concert, today I'm shopping for ingredients for his "French Food Day" dish, which we'll cook tonight. ETC. ETC. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO THE STUFF I NEED TO DO!!

On a brighter note...DH officially has tenure! AHHH, job security....those of you who have heard me ***** about money and lack of job opportunities KNOW how great this is!! Still have a million things around the house that need fixing, but we are actually (one at a time) in a position to be able to start FIXING them!!! I told hubby that my evil scheme (marrying him for the $$$) may actually start paying off in a few more years!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:18 PM   #25  

Woo Hoo! Tenure!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #26  

That's great news Den!
Old 12-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #27  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Thumbs up

Congrats Den! That is super! Nothing like knowing it is ok to spend money since more coming in.

I am a miser myself.

We got the tree in the house last night and the lights on it and the star. It just clears the ceiling - these wild trees are great since so sprawly - I will take a pic after it is decorated and upload to myspace.com then give you all my profile address. Then you will really get to know me.

Of course I am a tad careful what I post on that site - I think I must be schitzophrenic as I have friends that know certain things and other friends that know other stuff and then there is the fact that my bosses daughter is on that site and I dont need her repeating things to daddy - if you get my drift.

Anywho- -Hi all!

You notice the food confessions kinda petered out? probably too much to confess or we are all being extra good? Yeah right!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #28  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Congrats Den & DH!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #29  

Default from dentrassi's taller half

Dear All,
Now that I'm done with a pot of , I wanted to how your good wishes made me feel.
A big to all of you, and for this or or or assorted other holidays and .

: and ,

Clark
Old 12-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #30  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Default Aawwww

What a sweetie you have Den! My DH wouldn't know a smiley if I duct taped it to his head LOL!!
Closed Thread