Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:11 PM   #16  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Star, I love your goal! It just made me laugh. I'd like to be scootering around on a velo with purple hair at that age myself
Old 09-30-2005, 01:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm counting calories and exercising. I've notice that by lowers my daily inake of calories (btwn 1200 - 1500) I'm not as hungary for the sweets as I was before my calorie counting diet. I tried weight watcher, but it just seem to me, to be too much work. (I'm lazy and logging in number of calories is a lot easier then figuring out what the points of something is.)
Old 09-30-2005, 01:26 PM   #18  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I just try to watch what I eat and exercise. I find if I do anything more restrictive, I get nuts. I feel either unhappy or feel the need to cheat.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 PM   #19  
Waisting away

Well, I've done quite a few. Right now I'm just tryinig to watch what I eat adn exercise then I'm going to do WW on my own. I have alll the materials.

Wanto - what's Sunslim?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #20  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Sunslim is a diet that my friend found online and we both started it at the same time. Healthy eating, 5 meals every weekday and 4 on weekends, along with vitamins and lots of water and we walk about every other day or so.
Virginia
Old 10-05-2005, 08:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I am following my own plan of sorts. I try to get in about a 40/40/20 ratio of protein, good carbs / good fats. I strive for 5 cardio sessions per week and 4 weight lifting sessions. With the weights I have a legs day, back and biceps day, chest and triceps day, and shoulders day. I also alternate adding lower back and abs workouts into the weightlifting. With the weights I do 3-4 sets, 6-8 reps using heavy enough weights so that by rep 8, I literally can not do another set. I rest 45 seconds between sets.

When I don't act a food fool, I get very good results with this system.

Tiki.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:19 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm also doing my own thing. I used to just calorie count and kick butt at my kickboxing classes which worked for a little while. Then I've recently started weightlifting and getting enough protein to build up my muscles! Watching my calories to around 1500 and drinking plenty of water seems to have shifted the mini plateau I had when I started lifting (although we have to wait till next Friday to see if it's OFFICIALLY worked!)

At the moment I'm working my weights heavy like tiki

Next challenge for me is to get my eating right over the weekends
Old 10-26-2005, 07:02 AM   #23  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Well its calorie counting for me. I have done the South Beach before that and it worked for awhile then I got bored. So this seems to be working and keeping it off. I still have about 8lbs. at least to lose. I am trying to workout at least 3 times a week and pre figure my days intakes also is helpful for me. I like calorie counting as it allows me more control over my day. I can adjust my calories to fit into my recreational and social calendar better than other diets. Just seems to work the best. I still am trying to becareful of carbs. the bad ones of course, fats and too many snack foods that are unhealthy. I try to stick with 1500 calories a day started out higher but am shaking things up a bit. Trying to move more too! Good luck!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:10 AM   #24  
Pending Email Confirmation

Trying to follow the GI
Old 10-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #25  
Wanttolossalot

Mazarin
What is GI ?
And Sweden wow, have a great trip!
Virginia
Old 11-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #26  
llama dolly

i'm about to embark on optifast, having tried damn near everything else.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #27  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Started in the Zone 40-30-30 and tend to judge my eating on that guide though now that I am good at it - I dont track as close and probably eat more like South Beach which is the zone without measuring.

Calorie counting, exercise all that good stuff. most importantly I dont deny myself treats - if I want chocolate I eat it - 1 bite is better than nothing and a whole kit kat can cure my cravings for months - lesser of two evils - eat it now and get over it or restrict myself, dwell on it, and in a month toss the whole deal and pig out?

For me it all about choices - I choose to eat right and well 90% of the time and dont freak when I cheat/treat like this weekend.

In reality it is the exercise that clinches the deal - the more you burn the more you can eat or the more weight you lose. The more you lose the better you feel and the more you want to exercise - vicious circle that it is.

Free website for calorie and nutrient counters nutritiondata.com gives USDA labels for just about everything from bananas to sesame sticks. It will adjust based on the serving size you specify and gives a break down of fat carb and prot as well as lots of other nutrients, fiber, sugar, etc.

Do it for you not for anyone else and if you feel good then you are doing it right - choose attainable goals - if you have never been a size 4 - get real.

If you feel good and dont have a stroke going up stairs - then you are on the right track - health first - mirror last.

Another nickle from me.

Later
Old 11-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #28  
Cozy warm fireplaces mmm

I have decided to go RAW.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:11 AM   #29  

Weight Watchers works best for me. I've tried other plans, and they are too much "diet" not enough "sustainable lifestyle change." I find I do need the structure of the WW program, as I am trying to lose quite a bit of weight (73 lbs.)
Old 11-27-2005, 07:34 AM   #30  

I'm just calorie counting - keeping around 1500 per day. I think its the best for me because its teaching me about balance and that's a lesson I've needed to learn. For example before if I had a big dinner I'd go on and have a big tea too! Now I have a smaller tea. I think its what skinny people do without thinking!

I tried Atkins before but found myself craving lentils! That just seemed too bizarre to me so I quit it. I cant eat wheat anyway (gluten intolerant) but I still manage to be 50% carbs (those lovely lentils, potatoes, corn crackers!),20% fat, 30% protein. Am not particularly trying to eat low fat but am doing so anyway.

Am trying to make myself exercise too and am starting to enjoy it. Never thought I'd say that!

Claire x
Closed Thread