Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #76  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Woo Hoo - New Measurements

Excellent news! Since my last measurements - I have lost 1.5" off my waist!! .25" off my hips and .50" off my butt. I figure the loss was symetrical but gravity pulls it down to hips off the waist which is why the waist loss is so great and the hips isn't.

But loss is loss and I wouldnt even weigh myself if I didnt want to be closer to DH weight - it so sucks having a skinny hubby (he really isnt skinny - just built like an 80's rocker without all the pretty hair.) LOL

Later - gonna get in some actual house work - and some vacuum dancin'
Old 09-18-2005, 12:52 PM   #77  
Pending Email Confirmation

As for the gay guy thing - I think part of it is we have absolutely no competition or desire for them. Like, if your best girlfriend says something like that you automatically think - you *****! and if a boyfriend or guy friend or husband says it you think - up yours baldy. But since gay friend will (usually) never steal your man or be your man, it's safe territory and they can say things to you that you will listen to.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm doing well, my first weigh in since I started this challenge is tomorrow, so we'll see. I have been getting "better" calories, and drinking my water so all is good. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We went hiking to day, I love been in the outdoors, and the weather is beautiful.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:57 AM   #79  

Weigh in....DOWN TWO POUNDS!!!! I guess water really does help with the bloat. I'm so happy! I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 AM   #80  

Congrats Diamond! I need to weigh in this afternoon. I have my fingers crossed.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 AM   #81  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Yeah Diamond Way to go girl!
You can do it
Virginia
Old 09-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #82  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking

Congrats on the loss Diamond!!

I know water is important and that may be part of my plateau problem - I havent been getting in my 4 bottles everyday since it isnt hot anymore - I just have to do it. Should be easier today - took a decongestant and they give me cotton mouth
Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM   #83  

Congrats to you too PJ!!! Sorry I missed your post this morning, I skim before I run off to school.
Dawn
Old 09-20-2005, 06:22 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

ajandpj99
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad to hear I am not alone! I haven't gone back to the clinic yet but I weighed myself at home this morning and the scale says 185 so I must be on track! When I get to 184.4 I get a new lap top bag which I have ben dying to get

I wish I could keep all the junk out of the house but I can't because my DH is trying to GAIN weight!!!! He is SOOOOO skinny! Also we entertain alot. I try to make deserts that I don't like but sometimes even those are hard to resist.

As for the too beautiful part he was also an aerobics instructor so that may have helped! Anyways either way I'm here and he is in part the reason!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:43 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Lizziness I think you got the answer!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #86  

Default Thanks everyone for the congratulations!

Good Morning people! 2B2BF, you should have supplements for your husband to help him gain weight. *its better for him to gain weight that way then junk food) Then you won't be tempeted. As for desserts, well I could say do lo-cal healthy dessserts, lol but **** that's not a dessert . Maybe just adjust your eating habits the day before and the day after so that the extra you have that day is okay. I allow myself one "fat" day that I still count my calories, but I don't worry how many. (Well, no that's a lie, I still wory, but I give myself that day) Thats usually our Dairy queen day .
Old 09-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #87  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Well, I am into day two , week two of my diet and it is driving me crazy not getting on the scales to see how I've done. I feel like I have lost some, just curious how much. They say not to weigh yourself until the end of phase One, which could be from 5 to eight weeks, according to how much weight you have to lose. I have a lot to lose so I will be eight weeks before I weigh myself. I do feel good though,so that is a bonus in itself. Hope you all have a great day! Hugz to all!
Virginia
Old 09-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #88  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Hello everyone - well I should have seen it coming - I mean when you exercise for a solid week and keep the calories low - you expect the scale to move - right? And then when it doesn't - you assume you must have screwed up somewhere, right? Or maybe, just maybe, if you took out the calendar and gave it a scan you would understand...I think you know what I am talking about - explains the fatigue and backache I had all weekend and the totally bloated feeling I had yesterday.

Ah well - I shall go for a long walk today at least 1.5 miles - didnt make it yesterday.

Been getting 1/2 my water in and yesterday was a very low calorie, fairly good calorie, eating day - but then I am not hungry when bloated - the choc cravings fade after the MV arrives.

Good luck and congrats to everyone plugging along.

Oh - 2b2bf - Tell hubby he will gain weight better by eating good healthy foods only in greater quantities - also - get him some protein powder - costco has it the cheapest or order on line from Allthewhey.com they are the best price online - I get the 100% Whey Protien Concentrate - unflavored - 5 lb - for $21.95 I think, I usuallly get 2 at a time to save on shipping and you get a small discount for getting 10lb. Anyway each scoop adds approx 120 calories mostly protein to any drink and it is unflavored. DH puts in breakfast shakes or makes smoothies - I have to add sweetner - but that is me. If lactose intolerent - dont get Whey, look for Soy instead.

Then you can add it to things like oatmeal - I have 1/4 scoop in 1/2 cup of oats, plus I dice up 10 almonds, add a tsp of vanilla, water - nuke it - add 3 pkts of splenda and 1/4 c of 1% milk plus I have 1/2 cup of ff cott chs on the side. It is balanced (zone) and has less than 400 calories - very filling to, lots of fiber and iron also.

The great thing about the prot pwdr is that it is really hard to get enough protien without adding tons of cal or fat - unless you want to eat nothing but tuna and egg whites. So you can make a strawberry smoothie and add a scoop of prot pwdr which helps to thicken and it goes with any thing that goes with milk. My hubby puts in Kerns fruit drinks too -but that is the vanilla flavored that we get at costco.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:54 AM   #89  

Good morning girls. I slid from the healthy eating track yesterday. Istarted out good, but then I NEEDED biskets and cheese, then I saw the DR had bought the boys candy bars (snack size) and I needed one....okay well two. Then I WANTED eggs and tator tots for dinner, sigh. At least I worked last night so no more eating after 5:30 pm.

I did do two miles on the treadmill, got my water and my abs routine, oh but those bad food choices.

ah well here's to another day.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:23 AM   #90  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

So far so good! I'm down two pounds. But I need to start getting more water in....

It's so hard!
Closed Thread