Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #16  

Schatzi again - just read your post about the humming birds. WOW!!!!

Funnily enough I thought they were an African bird, still maybe they holiday near you! Not doubting you - prob got it all wrong. I think they are gorgeous.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Just checking in with everyone as I have been off line since Friday. DH took the den/computers apart and I nearly went into withdrawal

Had a fun weekend but ate very badly and I am paying the poundage price Oh well, live and learn
Old 08-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #18  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking PJ is here!

Hi all - just a quick hello!

I have been over at this website called the Cauldron? Any of you pagans heard of it? Anyway - there is all sorts of info and lots of debates going on and it is open to all beliefs.

I met a gal today and we joked about starting a new tradition called Pagan Mutts (Many Unknown This's and That's) since we have no specific path that we follow, just a little of this and a little of that.

Anyway - hope everyone is doing good -

Mauv- I can totally relate - this was bad food weekend - bleh - cant drink enough water to wash the ick out.

Later
Old 08-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #19  

Peacock....They may be an African bird, but we have many species here in North America.. They seem to favor the midwest and south east.... at least that's where I've seen them mostly.
hee heeeeeee, we have many a naturlist beaches here in NJ...I frequented them in my younger thinner years Enjoy your Vacay Peacock!

Mauv, I'm steeling myself for when we have to shut down, and the time lag until we get back on line...oh woe..Drink water water water to flush all that crap outta your system dear-that will help

Pj, Thanks for the tip, I think I'll lurk on over to that site

Later Taters
Old 08-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #20  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Thanks PJ, that site looks interesting. I'll have to check it out later
Old 08-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Lightbulb HummingBirds

Hummingbirds like the NW too - I have a couple that come up to my office window looking for their food - and I have to tell them it is around the corner on the other window- silly birds.

The ones we have - mostly - have a very bright red chest that you can only tell is red when the light hits them just right - kinda metallic looking - they are very cool.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:52 AM   #22  

I wish we had them in UK but anyway I still get excited seeing robins - especially as we associate them with winter. When you see them in the warmer weather it does not seem right! I love to see the different birds when I go to mum's in Hampshire. Sadly in town it is mainly pigeons and sparrows - but mainly pigeons, oh! and crows. Even starlngs are not as plentiful. My Aunt in surrey gets loads of jays that have lovely markings but she gets all the predator birds (survival of the fittest I guess!) which annoys her.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #23  

hiya i am 18 years off age and i have just recently coloured my hair, but i am having problem with greasy hair, i have to wash it everyday otherise its too greasy.
Does anyone know i good shampoo product which they could recommened

Thank you
Prestonbabe
Old 08-10-2005, 08:01 AM   #24  

Maybe go to a whole foods store/health food shop, etc. & look for a tea tree shampoo?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:15 AM   #25  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

PrestonBabe, try John Frieda's products for coloured hair. They have one line for blondes, one for brunettes and one for redheads. The products help seal in and protect your colour. I think Pantene makes a similar product - one of the girls I work with use it and likes it.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #26  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking

Good Morning All!

Welcome to the forum - PrestonBabe!

Still waking up so I will have to write more later.

PLJ
Old 08-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #27  

I really like the John Frieda line but I don't think they do much for oil control. In fact, I think one of the issues with colored hair is that if you use a strong shampoo then it strips the colour out too...and so most of the shampoo & conditioner that is made for dye is mild. I have noticed with frieda's stuff & with neutragena's color safe line my hair does not feel quite as clean. I tend to have dry hair so that is just ducky for me but I can see how someone without dry hair that would be a problem. Of course tea tree might take more color out.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #28  

Hi Preston babe.

I sympathise. I used to have greasy hair. It doesn't harm to wash it everyday if you use something mild. Use only one dollop shampoo and one rinse i.e. unless your hair is absolutely filthy do not repeat it. Don't be temtped to use something harsh - as with astringents and toners you use on the face it'll just make more grease eventually.

Questions:

It is all greasy or are the ends dry?

Have you dyed your hair?

Have you a fringe?

If all greasy I would go for a shampoo with lemon or herbs in it.

As mentioned above - if you have dyed it and you need to wash it regularly then you must make sure you use a shampoo for coloured hair. Mind you I hated the Loreal red one - most of the colour shampoos do nothing for me so I just use a gentle one.

If you have a fringe - (Yanks call it bangs I believe) try washing this more than the rest of your hair. It does make a difference.

I believe you can still get Batista (? spelling) whcih is a dry spray shampoo that you wash out. I saw it recently in a chemist. If not, you can use Fuller's Earth - but do brush it out well!!

Another thing I used to do wash get an old pair of tights (Yanks call 'em panytyhose) and put them over a hair brush so the bristles come through. Soak the area with a cologne or other scent or even cider vinegar and brush through hair.

When washing hair make the final rins as cold as you can bear (gives nice shine) and also rinse in lemon juice/cider vinegar etc.

Again I know it is tempting to strip the hair of oil I have used washing up liquid (orb not good idea!) and a soap whcih I thought was just a shampoo but from the smirk on the chemist's face I now realise was for headlice!!!!!

My hair is not so greasy as it was - in fact now I am an old lady of 45 I notice I really need conditioner on it.

Before I really seriously started syeing my hair to cover the grey I used to like Vosene, Pears and the Silvikrin range. I still like the silvikrin range of conditioners.Superdrug do a good range as well and Boots.

If you ends get dry just use a small amount of conditioner on the ends - I prefer one that does not wash out but up to you.

Avoid baby shampoo - god knows what is in that but it really dried my hair up (I know you will think that is the object but I could not get a comb through it!!)
Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #29  

Sorry for typos - hope the above made sense!
Old 08-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #30  

Prestonbabe have you tried the original source shampoos there is a teatree and mint one I used to use - oops I forgot you have colured your hair so prob not the right thing to use.
Closed Thread