Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #46  
make your time

S/C/G: 184/184/140

I had my WI today and can't move my ticker AGAIN this week.
I ran again last night and for the third time in a row I was able to get 1mile straight, then I walked it out for another 45min or so. I think I'm making good progress on that part of my goal. I'm going to up it to 1.25mi today...? I'm supposed to do 25 min interval running today, so I guess I'll just shoot for whichever one is more challenging once I'm running.

ajandpj~like you, I typically measure myself if I don't see the scale go down, but I already did that last week, so I don't expect a change on those numbers either. I'm thinking about getting a body fat caliper thingy to have one more thing to keep track of. Is this crazy? Has anyone else checked body fat percentage?

dawnlizbeth~ how has the first week of classes gone with all the temptation in your path?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:08 PM   #47  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well I seem to have done okay on my holiday. I ate good breakfasts, salads at lunch and when we went out afterwork (around 10:00 p.m) I had mostly seafood appetizers instead of a full entree. Also ate sushi twice. I seem to have stayed the same weight as when I left - Phew!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #48  
make your time

mauvaisroux, I (heart!) sushi. I'm very jealous of your outing, and very impressed you held it together. mmm, saki bombs!

I took a break on workouts yesterday, but Wed I managed to run 1.3 mi straight and then walked after that and also did some ab and back work at night. There are new and different treats in the breakroom today, so I am trying to avoid it altogether.

I want to go shopping for new clothes! But I know it would be silly to do so now, b/c I have no idea what size I'll be in October. I'm planning on being smaller, I know that, but I have enough clothes that are still too tight on me now that I know I'll be able to wear soon. But shopping...ah! so tempting!
Old 08-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #49  

I wanna go shopping tooo! I keep thinking the same thing, I'll lose enough weight that it won't be an issue. I have been buying a few shirts here & there at the thrift shops/consignment stores though. It satisfies the new clothing urge without breaking the bank. My "skinny" pants are fitting the same as they were at the beginning of the month. (wah)
Old 08-26-2005, 04:55 PM   #50  
make your time

dawnlizbeth~Your skinny pants--that sucks, I'm sorry. What sort of workouts are you doing? Getting enough water? I've been kind of off on my water lately and can already feel it. Good luck this weekend!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #51  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I was out of town this weekend so I missed my Saturay weigh in. I was going to just wait until next Saturday, but I decided to hop on the scale this morning. I got off and on it twice, but it still said the same thing... 150
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #52  
make your time

tani~You are awesome! Congratulations on your goal! Are you switching to maintenance now or are you setting a new goal? Do you have before and after pics to share? That's such an accomplishment! You must feel phenomenal!

I managed to work up to 1.4mi straight and I think my time was okay at 14:30. I really want my endurance to be up and I feel like I'm making progress but I also get frustrated because my running program will call for me to run 25 min and I just can't...I have to walk out the rest. I have one week to go for the challenge and I really want to do the 2mi continuously. (i've sort of given up on the pushups and crunches, but I'm still doing them and other strength training).
Old 08-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #53  
geeky pagan chick

Thanks Melra

I'm starting a slow transition into maintenance. I'd still like to lose a few more pounds, maybe five? I'll know when I get there hopefully. I'm finally starting to lose the fat on my legs (the first place I gain and last place I lose) Other than my calves and a bit of loose skin angst, I'm pretty happy with my body at the moment. My waist is actually smaller than it was 15 years ago in college, when I was 15 lbs lighter (and I never exercised)

I've posted a before and after shot here:

http://www.moonwise.com/beforeandafter.htm

The after shot is from a week or two ago. It's funny that my hair has come around to the same color again.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #54  

Oh well, I have to say I've sort of decided to bail on the challenge this go round. I could eat lettuce for the rest of the month & not fit into my skinny pants...well, not the way I want to anyways. Painted on in 80's valley girl fashion really does not count! lol. anyways. I am a bit discouraged but I did realize something cool today. I had quit going to the gym a really long time ago because I could not afford to waste the gas money even though the gym is free on base for me. I was driving home from school (which is a new gas guzzler) and realized the base is only 3 miles out of the way so on Mon, Wed. & Fri. I am going to go to the gym after my classes are done. That way I'm getting more out of my fuel bill...an education & a work out. And your quite correct Meira, I have not been drinking enough water lately. I don't think that is nearly as big a factor as my cheating like mad on my diet since I started dating Nate...and the fact that I do other things besides walk the dog every night. While I am sure I am burning calories, and keeping a smile on my face, it's not doing much for my weight. And he looks WAY too hot to be going out with a dumpy butt. He has a very physical job though & does not like food nearly as much as I do.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:59 PM   #55  

Well I have gained over the last two weeks due to my vacation and last Sunday BBQ

I think a fresh start is needed for September hmm... that gives me an idea ...
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 PM   #56  

Okay, I am writing off August and starting fresh on September first - please see the Fresh start for Fall thread for the next challenge!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 AM   #57  
make your time

Talking happy happy joy joy

I made my scale goal! After 3 weeks of no moving, it dropped 3 pounds to WI at 162. Yay! I also was able to run 1.5mi continuously on Monday and I'm going to try to go a wee bit further tonight. I've pretty much stopped paying attention to the crunches and pushups, but I've been doing other abs and arm work and I measured myself the other day and my arms are down an inch! I am amazed--my dh kept saying he could see my muscles and I guess they are getting more toned! Yay! I'm having a great day today--just need to stay focused on my eating.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:54 PM   #58  

Great job on the weight loss AND the running Meira!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:38 PM   #59  
make your time

Exclamation I'm still here!

thanks, dawnlizbeth!
I'm not giving up on this challenge yet! I am closer tonight to my running goal--I just finished a 20min run of 1.75 continuous miles. I think I can make it to my running goal by Monday!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:52 PM   #60  
geeky pagan chick

Congrats Melra! You're a running star, you're out of control!
Closed Thread