Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #31  

oopss..that was CHEESE on the lettuce thingy, not Chess. lol.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:11 PM   #32  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnlizbeth
What meds are you on? I take like...handfulls, every day for autoimmune stuff. No clue what any of it does to my appetite. The one for my thyroid are a GOOD thing though, without that little green pill I'd be the size of a house no matter what I ate/drank/did. Anyways. I had not thought to check e-bay for atkins stuff. I will try that, thanks for the suggestion! I found some really good low carb bars by slim fast that are peanut butter crunch. They taste just like a candy bar. Alas, I can't seem to find them now that my membership to cosco has expired. They make some that are NOT low carb, just low fat & the box looks almost exactly the same & I accidentally bought them. They sell those everywhere. And yeah, blue hair seems pretty alternative to me Mine is Vampire Red at the moment.
I take Celexa. Before that was Wellbutrin (only worked so-so), and before that was Zoloft. The Zoloft caused my weight gain. The Celexa probably would but as long as I stay on low carb I can keep the carb craving mostly under control. The Wellbutrin was good as a secondary med, but I just couldn't afford it anymore.

Hair's kinda green at the moment. I need to redo the color. After this, I want bright pink. Unfortunetly, the dyes are all semi-permanent and the color comes out really fast. And I only wash my hair 3 times a week!

It's not a very good pic, but here's what it kinda looks like as it washes out. It's just a teeny bit longer now. It was really long, but I had to chop it off because I can't swim with long hair - I can't get it under the cap and the clorine ruins it.

http://my_sigs.home.mindspring.com/sigs/me/short.jpg
Old 09-03-2005, 08:16 PM   #33  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

>For example for dinner have your meat choice - even if it is low fat burger (7%), put a slice of cheese on it, have that with sliced tomatoes, or a salad. Grilled chicken with steamed brocoli (do you realize how filling 3 cups of broc is with next to no calories? - 96 cal total, 18 g Carb 6g Prot ) and when combined with the hi prot Chic - you wont have cravings.<

It has less than 18g. You can subtract fiber because fiber does not raise blood sugar.

I still like chocolate, too. I just get the sugar free stuff now.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:57 AM   #34  
Work in Progress

I do low carb, I feel the best on it. I try to have 5 big servings of veggies a day, usually one serving of low sugar fruit and one serving of a whole grain. I try not to eat a lot of cheese, but will have some. I am going to the pool tomorrow to start swimming again.

I cannot eat sugar, pasta and white rice, it completely triggers me. I had a BBQ chicken wrap tonight from this great sandwich place and salad, the wrap was white flour, but becuase I had so much protein, it won't trigger me.

This is the best low carb way for me to lose weight. I am eating that way right now about 65% and each day I am doing a bit better.

Sugar is the worst thing for me, it totally triggers me. I always try to have SF stuff to quench my sweet tooth. I saw Rachel Ray do a desert where she took strawberreies and hulled them, then put semi sweet choc in the middle and baked it at 400 until the choc melted.....then she put whipped cream but you can make sf whipped cream and it would be an acceptable low carb desert, I am going to try that this weekend. I live in So. Calif and strawberries are available just about year round.

I think that eating low carb is really eating high veggie, high protein....but I think that you have to do what works for you.....
Closed Thread