Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 AM   #16  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Amen Sister!

Well from what I have read of the Bible and mind you every time I peruse it I get mad , Women are way down on the food chain - just above horses.

And die hards like the Pope - who although Catholic (the only christians that honor the mother above the son ), doesn't beleive in any kind of diversity - don't get me started on Gay Marriage - suffice to say - whatever happens before and after we die I have doubts that we keep these bodies or our genders - so if we are all just energy then what difference does it make who you love or who you marry?

But I digress.

I think that they need more females in that religion period - for one thing a woman can handle celebacy much better than a man (alone time not withstanding ) and a woman is less likely to fondle little boys .

JMO - Put woman in power all over the world- we will all get together - yell, scream at each other then cry then laugh then hug then eat choc and then there willl be world peace.

PLJ
Old 07-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #17  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls! It's been awhile I know, but I've been in the middle of moving and now I have DSL so posting is a lil easier...just as we were getting to know each other I disappear! Anyways, I hope all of you are doing well and losing! Things are great at the new apt so far
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #18  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Talking Nice to meet you Ferret

I started just as you were moving - been there.

Any way - hope to chat with you soon - if you are haviing any trouble sleeping try reading my bio - LOL

PLJ
Old 07-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #19  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

pj- DH and I know a gay couple who just celebrated their 20th anniversary together - they've lasted longer than most of the marriages of the hetero couples we know - most of them got divorced within the the first 3 years of their marriages!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #20  

Hey all!
Mauv, that was hysterical!!! At this rate I think I should move to Canada! Poor PJ , can see it on Oregon news that you will be arrested for trafficking in Allevert and Nyquil ... Ferrett, nice ta hear from you ! We are in the middle of moving..boxes and bubblewrap rule my life and I am officially black and blue... sigh, I wouldnt wish moving on my worst enemy..It just sucks....Hi Jessica....yummmm B E E R . .. Love it! Nothing like a cold one on a hot day eh? Home brewing..must be interesting ..I'll volunteer for quality control

Oh Puleeze.. I can't even see straight to begin my rant about catholism...I would get thrown off the boards for sure.! It's a political fear based organization at best...
Old 07-26-2005, 12:45 PM   #21  

Mmmm...beer... DH and I have been kicking around the idea of wine making. We are very busy right now so maybe in the fall.

Glad you are still around Ferret!

Schatzi - yeah, if I started on one of my rants at full tilt I'd get the boot too!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:06 PM   #22  
LivingDeadGirl

thanks for the warm welcome back...
we just finished putting up the finishing touches on the apt today so now I feel settled!

I'm glad to see you guys still around and keepin the alternachicks alive...and glad to meet you pj
Old 07-27-2005, 07:27 AM   #23  

Wine making....OHhh....now THAT is a prime idea Mauv!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:43 AM   #24  

We found a place near my DH's work that is a brew station. You can make wine and beer there so I think we will do that sometime in September
Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #25  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Default Wine Making

We have a friend here that makes apple wine and plum wine. A bit tart for me- and I suspect it could use some filtering.

DH would like to try making his own wine someday - being the detailed math freak that I am, I will require that we follow the instructions to the letter and filter filter filter - plus I will add Splenda so it low carb but still sweet.

Probably would be apples or peaches or pears - we have a lot of pear trees down the road that would be very mild. Blackberrys are very abundant here too.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #26  

We have a wine making school close to us.. DH and I have made wine there for the last 4 years... We just bottled a Cab/Merlot/CabFranc, and a Chateneuf... It was alot of fun...Learned so much about the whole process, adding sulfites, yeast...etc.. We would get the grapes, crush them, punch them, press and store in oak barrels.. and then rack and bottle... We have so much wine here , I usually bring a few bottles to parties, give it away at holidays or as gifts...
Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #27  
LivingDeadGirl

sounds like a lot of work...but also a lot of fun
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #28  

I would also be interested in making some Port
Old 07-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quick fly by
Insanely busy at work, but I am learning a lot. Some of the stuff I am getting dragged into - not so much fun. I rather have a sharp stick in the eye. Life is good otherwise.

All of this talk about wine is making me wish I was at home with a nice bottle of ice wine, currled up on the couch... *sigh*
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 PM   #30  
LivingDeadGirl

lol isn't that always the way it seems to go
Closed Thread