3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/59054-alternachick-bios.html)

mauvaisroux 01-07-2004 09:31 AM

Alternachick bios

Welcome to the Alternachicks forum :wave:

The word Alternachicks basically grew from the word “alternative” an 80's reference to punk/new wave music. It reflects our different lifestyles and mindsets. :cool:

The Alternachicks are a diverse group of people from different walks of life who enjoy discussing books, music, poetry, art, crafts, hobbies, gaming, life the universe and everything! Oh, and we DO discuss dieting, exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle :lol:

We also have a Paganchicks forum for those wishing to meet others who follow earth based paths.

If you would like to know more about us please check out the Alternachicks Bio thread. Anyone can jump in and start a new thread or add to an existing one. :D

Please note:

Ask your doctor before starting any diet. You may have a medical condition which limits your choices. Studies have shown that all diets work equally, whether low fat or low carb - if you stick to them. Don't be afraid to experiment until you find a diet plan that fits your lifestyle and tastes.

mauvaisroux 01-07-2004 09:40 AM

Mauvaisroux -french for evil redhead :devil:

I am married and raising one 7 year old tabby cat.

I am Following my own mesh of Celticpagan/Eastern philosophies along with practicing yoga and meditation.

Interests: bellydancing, reading (Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels), cooking, travelling, gaming, jewellery-making and sewing. I enjoy watching sci fi, horror, fantasy and B-movies as well as Asian cinema.

I listen to a lot of different music but mostly alternative (dark n' dancy or hard n' crunchy) World music (Celtic, Arabic, Indian, Asian). I am not into rap or country - just not my cup of tea.

mette 07-09-2004 01:49 PM

Hi guys! I’ve been writing a few posts here, so I thought I should introduce myself:

I’m 36, a psychology grad student (went back to university 4 years ago), single, no children, no pets.

dieting/food: I’ve been overweight most of my life and a yoyo dieter – and this time I’m doing everything *slowly*. I lost 35 pounds a year and a half ago, and then maintained the new weight until I started up with a new losing-weight-period this April. This weight-loss-period will last 6 months (April-October) and in November I’ll go back to maintaining the new weight. I don’t follow a specific plan: I count calories (keeping to 1500 calories a day/10.500 a week), try to eat healthy (whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables, etc). Exercise every day: jogging 2-3 mornings a week, lifting weight 3 times a week, some hiking, Pilates, yoga.

books: I’ve been a reader all my life, but after going back to school l don’t really read much anymore. It’s been mostly non-fiction and psychology books for the last 4 years. I look forward to finishing school and start working, so that I can go back to enjoying fiction again. Favorite authors: Jane Austen, Margaret Atwood, A.S. Byatt, Iain Pears, Connie Willis, Neil Gaiman, Toni Morrison, Jorge Luis Borges, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Octavia Butler, Umberto Eco, William Gibson, Janet Frame, Marge Piercy.

comics : I've also been reading comics and graphic novels all my life. Present day favorites: The Sandman, Y: the last man, Fray, Fables, Preacher, Promethea, Gloom Cookie – but also some of the writers of classics like Wonder Woman (yey!), Batman, The Justice League.

movies : I'm a sucker for good stories. Strangely enough most of my favorites are sci-fi: Terminator, Alien, Aliens, Dark City, 12 monkeys, 5th element, Jacob’s Ladder, the Matrix.

TV: X-files was my first and longest TV-love-story, but ended badly (where I pretend the last 2 seasons didn’t happen). Josh Whedon’s trio is my second: Buffy (weak finish too – but nowhere as bad as X-files), Angel (oh man. I’m still grieving the cancellation of Angel!), Firefly (ditto). Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Simpsons.

computer games : Periodically obsessed with Sims and Sim City. Eagerly awaiting Sims2.

I have been a lurker at Alternachicks for a while – and just want to say that you guys rock! :smug:

kayleystar 01-16-2006 08:34 PM

Hello there. I've been posting on the 300+ forum for about a month now, and I found this forum, and thought that I might find people with some of the same interests as me, as opposed to there. So here's a bit about me:

Name: Kayley Star

Status: Long term relationship. We've been together about 13 months, and plan to get married once I get to my goal weight.

School: I'm currently taking a bunch of pre-law and business classes, and plan to transfer to Indiana University, and get my bachelor's as a paralegal. Then, we'll see if I wanna go all the way, and become a lawyer.

Religion: Agnostic. I love to read about all sorts of religions, but I don't practice any. My boyfriend is Buddhist. Not hardcore or anything, but that's his "status"...haha.

Music: Music is a big part of my life...and bear with me...here we go:

Industrial
EBM
Darkwave
Synth-pop
Metal
Trance
Goth Metal
Symphonic Goth
80's New Wave

The following is my ever growing list of bands that YES! I actually LIKE! And listen to! I either have the cd, or they are on my playlist. I'm always listening to new music.

311, A Perfect Circle, Apoptygma Berzerk, Assemblage 23, Chevelle, Claire Voyant, Covenant, Crossfade, Cruxshadows, Culture Kulter, Deftones, Disturbed, Dkay.com, Drain S.T.H., Earshot, Endemonia, Evanescence, Fear Cult, Fear Factory, Front Line Assembly, Funker Vogt, God Forbid, Hanzel und Gretyl, Hocico, HorrorPops, Icon of Coil, Jack off Jill, Kill Switch Klick, Killswitch Engage, Kittie, Korn, L'ame Immortale, Lacuna Coil, Lamb of God, Linkin Park, London after Midnight, Lords Of Acid, Marilyn Manson, Metallica (old), Mindless Self Indulgence, Murderdolls, Neotek, Nightwish, NIN, Nirvana, Orgy, Otep, PaX, Powerman 5000, Prick, Pro>Tech, Rammstein, Rasputina, Razed In Black, Rob Zombie, Scarling, Seether, Shinedown, Skinny Puppy, Slick Idiot, Slipknot, Smile Empty Soul, Spahn Ranch, Static-X, Sublime, Switchblade Symphony, System of a Down, Talla2Xlc, The Birthday Massacre, The Electric Hellfire Club, The Gathering, Theatre Of Tragedy, Three Days Grace, Tool, Type O Negative, Velvet Acid Christ, VNV Nation, White Zombie, Wolfsheim, :wumpscut:, Zeromancer.

Movies: I'll watch about anything. Whether it be horror/action/girly/independant. I'm not picky, as long as it's good, or semi-decent.

TV Shows: Invader Zim, Scrubs, Will and Grace, and Roseanne. I don't watch much TV at all.

My goal is to be at 200 lbs by my 21st birthday: June 2nd, 2007.

That's about it.

Later.

Irishowl 03-13-2006 03:11 AM

Name: Shannon

Family: My gorgeous butch partner and I ( yep, I'm a lesbian :p ) share our lives with 2 dogs ( Daphne and Pepperjack) and 2 kitties ( Ralph and Susie ). No human babies yet........but once we are done with school we would like to adopt 2 or 3 children.

Job: Cardiac monitor technician and full time student working towards my RN

Music: Everything, from The Indigo Girls to Eminem to Pavarotti

Movies: Horror flicks

TV: Celebrity Fit Club 3 ( I think Chastity Bono is hot! :o ) Lost, ER, anything on the Food Network

Hobbies: Cooking, cake decorating, reading, photography

My Weight: I've been heavy most of my life. The thinnest I've been as an adult was 175 at 17 years old. In June 2004 I hit my heaviest weight of 272 and decided enough was enough. Since then I've lost 42 pounds and I would like to lose 80 more. I work on a cardiac floor and I see everyday the consequences of an unhealthy lifestyle. I don't want that for myself or my girl. Also, my Dad died 3 years ago from a massive heart attack and he was only 62.

Spinymouse 02-24-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauvaisroux (Post 489805)
Welcome to the Alternachicks forum :wave:

The Alternachicks are a diverse group of people from different walks of life who enjoy discussing books, music, poetry, art, crafts, hobbies, gaming, life the universe and everything! Oh, and we DO discuss dieting, exercise and maintaining a healthy lifestyle :lol:

[/B][/I]

Hi Alternachicks --
I really like this description of your group and I wanted to check in and say Hi!
I think I would like participating in your discussions!
Thanks,
jo :mouse: :cheese:

NightengaleShane 06-05-2007 10:37 AM

About me...

This section of the 3FC forum seems pretty nifty! :) I'm definitely "alternative" - I'm into the punk rock/riot grrrl subculture, have several tattoos and piercings, and am somewhat of a different breed by nature.

Name: Aidyn

Weight & Height: 5'6 1/2" and currently in the 130's! I started out at 175.

Job: I'm a project manager for a maintenance/repair company, as well as a personal trainer/nutritional consultant on the side. Both are rewarding for different reasons... okay, fine, ONE is rewarding, the other is a steady paycheck, but that works for me!

Music: I'm a big fan of female-fronted bands like Sleater-Kinney, Le Tigre, Joan Jett, Concrete Blonde, The Hissyfits, and Mary Prankster... I love punk... anything from The Ramones to the Sex Pistols to Fugazi to Social Distortion to the Circle Jerks and everything in between. I'm a big industrial fan, too... stuff like NIN, Skinny Puppy, Pitchshifter, Stabbing Westward, Econoline Crush, Apoptygma Berzerk, and the like. Other bands and artists I like: Eve 6, matchbox twenty, Nirvana, Peaches, Ani DiFranco, Melissa Etheridge, Flyleaf, Guns N Roses, Poison, and a whole lot more... believe it or not, I am also a country fan.

Books: I love suspense most... Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Mary Higgins Clark... The Perks of Being A Wallflower is a great book, too...

TV: CSI, Law & Order... especially Special Victims Unit... I love Olivia and Elliot, CSI Las Vegas, stupid dating shows full of drama on VH1 (like I Love New York, Flavor of Love, and Rock of Love), Discovery Health, Taboo (it's an awesome show on the National Geographic Channel), Supernatural, and my newest obsession is COLD CASE!

Interests/Hobbies: Anything health/fitness related, community service/volunteer work, going to shows, playing guitar, writing songs, acting, hanging out with friends, meeting new people, going on road trips to leave my boring diet podunk town of Gainesville, FL, going to the beach, going to parties, and anything I find fun at any given moment

Goals: Find balance in life, obtain an action hero style body and maintain it!

Religion: Catholicism... we can drink most under the table, as we start the earliest! ;)

Politics: Unquestionably Liberal

Relationship Status: I'm single and loving it!

ollie27 08-02-2007 10:53 AM

New chick's bio

Hey. So I like the Alternachicks concept and even though it seems to be a bit slow in here; that's cool, I'd rather be slow and comfortable in my surroundings than fast and weary. It's cool to meet you all and to be here with you sharing a common goal--health and happiness!

Name. Olivia, but I go by a range of nicknames. I prefer Liv; or at least that's what the tattoo says.

Age. 27

Home. Huntsville, Alabama. It's actually an alright scene..for Alabama

Work. Well, I am a full time student, editor if the school newspaper, I work at the campus library and tutor twice a week.

Weight. 167. The heaviest I have ever been, but apparently I look like I weigh more, because I told my new walking buddy and she gasped, "Really? But I weigh 167!" (Gasp).

Stuff I like. cats, books, books, books, ummm.. books, dialogue, ideas, meeting people I can learn from, nature, coffee, Dove's Love Your Body Campaign, humanism, laughter, philosophy, candles, sunshine, moonshine, art in all its forms, poetry, wine, the underground media, social justice, radical chicks

Stuff I don't like. fundamentalism, patriarchy, bigots, closed-mindedness, licorice, capitalism, ignorance, injustice, old white men in power.

Music. Everything from Beethoven to Tool. Hmmm, Bob Dylan is nice. Seriously this list could go on and on. I dig female singer/songwriters such as Ani, Tori Amos, Patty Griffin, Nellie Mckay, Joni Mitchell. Jazz. Hmmm. love me some jazz. Miles, Coltrane, Charles Mingus, and jazz singers like Nina Simone, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald.

Books. Yes. And lots of them.

Tv. No thank you, I have a life to live.

Religion. No thank you, I have a life to live.

Films. Pan's Labyrinth, I Heart Huckabees, all of Darren Aronofsky's work, Life Aquatic, Reality Bites, South Park the Movie, Big Fish, Amelie, Hero, Moulin Rouge, ummm, so many movies, so little time. I am into documentaries as well. Just watched Who Killed the Electric Car, Sicko, Jesus Camp, This Film is Not Yet Rated.

Goals. To go to grad school next fall, to feel good about myself, to jog instead of walk, then run instead of jog. Screw size, I just want to feel happy and healthy!

Politics. I am not sure if there is anything to the left of me.
I am chapter president of the National Organization for Women in my hometown and am a feminist before anything else. Once we are considered human, I'll convert to humanism:)

Peace.

Modjeska 08-27-2007 10:05 AM

In the interest of committing to being here, here's my lovely bio. :)

Name: Amanda

Pets: Many. Three dogs, five cats, three parrots, plus the kiddo's pets, two rats and two fish.

Degree/Job: I'm finishing my BS in zoology/ecology right now, and then it's onto grad school. For the time being, I've been working in ecological restoration and most recently, managing the animal and volunteer ends of a nonprofit animal sanctuary. I've had a lot of interesting science-y jobs along the way while trying to figure out what I want to commit to.

Books: Mostly nonfiction, anything relating to ecology, evolution, animal behavior...along with a healthy dose of Augustin Burroughs, David Sedaris and the like. Occasionally, I dabble in chick lit. Right now, I'm reading The World Without Us.

Music: I listen to a pretty wide range of genres, but my fallbacks are 'alternative' rock and what I refer to as 'punk lite.' Some favorites: The Decemberists, Regina Spektor, The Used, Rise Against, Violent Femmes, Liz Phair, Green Day, System of a Down, The Killers...

TV: I love TLC, Bravo, and Discovery. I also got sucked into Grey's Anatomy, What About Brian, and Brothers and Sisters.

Movies: I love Tim Burton and anything he touches. I usually watch goofy comedies because I feel like real life has enough horror and drama, but I love a good dark artsy film once in awhile.

Interests/Hobbies: I love outdoorsy stuff. Kayaking and hiking are my favorites. I also knit when I get the free time. I love trying new hobbies, but rarely stick with the for long.

Dieting: From a high of 189 a year ago (and again about six months ago), I'm down to 160-162. My big goal is about 125. I really don't like to think much about the dieting for weight loss and prefer to focus on just eating for good health.

Religion: I consider myself an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any gods, but I don't think anyone can prove it either way. Spiritually, I find nature to be awe-inspiring and I find it strange that anyone would need more than the wonder of the real physical universe around us.

LizzieW 01-23-2008 02:07 PM

My name: Liz or Lizzie
Job: Artist Management (okay, just for my DH, LOL). I used to teach at University, and worked recently at a major motion picture studio. But I'm happier now than I've ever been, working at home.
Relationship: Married (second time's a charm!)
Kids: one teenage son, two step-sons in their 20s
Pets: 2 snakes, 2 toads
Politics: Liberal -- Green Party; Life-long feminist and peacenik.
Education: BA and MA in Linguistic Anthropology. (I'm with the gal above who described that sort of thing as rendering one fairly unemployable...)
Books: Ursula K. LeGuin, Cormac McCarthy, Gene Wolfe, David Sedaris, David Foster Wallace, Patrick O'Brian, Tolkien, Don DeLillo, Shirley Jackson, Carson McCullers, Jonathan Lethem,many more...
Movies: I'm a Star Wars geek (the old ones), Alien, The Right Stuff, Fellini's Satyricon, Rashomon, Better Off Dead, M, Mad Love, Carpenter's The Thing, Cronenberg's The Fly, Shaun of the Dead,Haunting of Hill House, District 9, new Star Trek, many more
TV: These days I only watch Science/True Crime shows. Last regular show I loved was the "X-Files."
Comics: Hubby's industry...so, um, most everything non-superhero.
Music: I'm an old punk/goth/raincoat-brigader! I really dug the 90s grunge/riotgrrrl stuff. Now I like trance/electronica/trip-hop. Plus harder-edged alternative stuff. Also into a lot of modern classical composer. Vague, I know!
Religion: None. Never had any, and not likely to join up now.
Hobbies: Travel (Spain is my favorite country; I grew up in Uganda and Tanzania and would love to go back). DDR and my Wii. Drawing. Learning new software. Costuming.
Other Stuff: Pink hair, tats, and pierced my own nose in '84. Have a tendency (still! after all these years!) to mostly wear black. I use both sides of my brain -- but neither, when typing :o. I still smoke :( I know I know...that's next on my list. Home decor? Think Dr. Frankenstein's lab...
And of course, the reason I'm here: this once-bone-thin pale oldish punky-gal needs to lose a little over 50 lbs. I'm on WW Flex, and I love it as it allows DH and I to hit the pub occasionally. I was looking for a life-style change, not a diet, so I'm focusing on learning habits that I hope will last for the rest of my life.

Well, that's enough for now...see you all around the boards!
Edit -- still here in 2011!!

DaisyNicole 02-10-2008 01:21 PM

Hi everyone! I am Nicole, 27 and newly married.

I am a professional by day... but i am still the punk rock girl i always have been.

I am into independent art and music.

I love the punk rock. Some of my favorite bands being Green Day, Pinhead Gunpowder, Crimpshrine, Discount, Fifteen et al.

I still have my septum pierced (i got it done on my 18th b-day).

I have 5 tattoos.

I am very much into zines and independent publishing.

I enjoy being outside.

and that is me in some short and vague sentences!

mauvaisroux 02-23-2008 08:29 PM

Welcome! :wave:

Hoopla 03-01-2008 09:52 PM

This is my 2nd post! :)

I've been lurking for awhile, and I thought this'd be a good place for me to post!

Religion: Agnostic.
Hobbies: Photography, computers, T.V., etc.
Music: There are so many! I love indie music though.
TV Shows: I watch WAY too much T.V.! I loved The Office (can't wait til' April when it comes back!!), Men in Trees, CSI, ER, Scrubs, Two and a Half Men, October Road, The New Adventures of Old Christine, America's Next Top Model, Survivor, Lost, American Idol, and I'm sure I forgot some others!!
Movies: My passion for movies is less than that of TV, but my favorite movie is Mr.Brooks. (I'm a pyscholohgy major!)
Books: I LOVE dramatic teenage novels. I'm 19, so thats okay, right? My FAVORITE series is 'Pretty Little Liars'. Check it out!
Dieting History: I have been chubbie ever since I was 7!
Current Dieting Plan: Counting calories.
Exercise Preferences: Dancing, biking, walking, etc.
Why the dieting?: I have almost a year left of my teenage years, and I want to be skinny during at least part of one!

jandaman 03-04-2008 06:00 AM

yay! also totally stoked to have come across alternachicks!!!!!!

i am a soon to be 35 year old (the horror the horror!)american gal, currently living in mainz, germany..guess that makes me an expat as i have been here since 2001!
europe rocks, i love it here but i have gained weight steadily due to my addiction to BREAD!! they've got about 400 different kinds of bread here (serious!) not to mention all the danish type goodies. so time to shed some pounds (or kilos..i have been so thoroughly assimilated i now measure in the metric)
here's my stats

Status: seriously involved for 7 years( alas alas no ring...)

Pets: the amazing boo tazer!!! super kitten galore

Degree/Job: english teacher/translator/grad student (working on a masters in complit and linguistics)

Books: love neil gaiman's sandman..all his graphic novels,serious comic fan-girl love murakami, brett easton ellis, narnia, judy blume and anne of green gables also go for bathtub fluff (chick lit), fantasy (george r r martin etc) currently reading kiran desai's inheritance of loss

Music: sigur ros, air, placebo, shonen knife, april march, new wave classix, hip hop, country (i adore dolly!) fairly eclectic as in most things..draw the line at techno and wierd europop

TV: love my picture box! addicted to buffy! again, eclectic connoiseur:24 marathons as well as biggest loser

Movies: recently enjoyed eastern promises, george romero is my hero...and will ferrell. loved secretary...one of my all-time faves is sixteen candles. molly ringwald was my world!

Interests/Hobbies: traveling all over europe and beyond..from amsterdam to bangkok, baking, reading, concerts etc.

Dieting history: oh, ugh. tried everything from cabbage soup to ww. am new and shining sbd convert !!

Goals: i would like to be a size 10 hip-wise and a size 8 up top, skinnyjeans here i come!!

Religion: eclectic heathen, very spiritual nature girl

mauvaisroux 03-08-2008 04:19 PM

Welcome! :wave:

betty grrl 03-10-2008 11:59 PM

Hello,
A bit about moi!
Name: Rena
Collections: Betty Boop-I'm a bit obsessed! I have over 500 items from teapots to chopsticks (if it's made I most probably have it). Bettie Page (love her) and Bar stuff (shot glasses, neon beer signs, mirrors, clocks and coasters).
Pets: Black Pug (his name is Pugsy), and in June will be adopting a female fawn pug (We're gonna name her Sadie)
Fav music: Punk, SKA, Oi, Rockabilly, 80's, old country (ahhh the old road trips with mom and dad)

Hobbies:I enjoy sewing and doing arts and crafts and I am also very active with Manitoba Pug Rescue (yes, even Pugs need rescuing).

deathnotronic 04-04-2008 11:00 PM

Name: Chelsea

School: Saginaw Valley State University

Major: I'm attempting to get a BFA in both graphic design and photography and get a minor in philosopy

Books: I don't read as much as I used to, the last book I finished was I Am America and So Can You! Yeah, I'm in love with Stephen Colbert.

Music: Alkaline Trio, Brand New, Bright Eyes, I LOVE ska music, Cursive (my favorite band), Saves the Day, Reggie and the Full Effect

TV: I hardly ever watch TV, but when I do it's usually the History Channel

Movies: Cannibal the Musical, Not Another Teen Movie, Anchorman, and Clueless

Interests/Hobbies: I don't do much, I love taking pictures and playing on my MacBook.

Goals: To weigh 120lbs and get a great job and live in Chicago. I want to get married eventually too.

Religion: I was raised WELS Lutheran (the strictest Lutherans ever), I went to a parochial grade school and high school but I definitely don't consider myself sheltered. I've done some silly stuff so far.

Politics: I don't care about politics...at all.

Wow, I sound really boring! Haha, no I'm tons o' fun if you hang out with me! :)

PinkyPie 04-17-2008 09:10 AM

Huh. I just realised I hadn't posted a bio in here!

Name: Velveteen/ "V" / Renée (DF and step-kids call me "Pinky")
Sign: Virgo
Kids: 2 steps, my SD T who is 10, my SS P who is 7
4 Legged Creatures: Frankie, my burmese and Elvis my black kitty
Gilled Creatures: Mollie, Johnny and Sammy - all goldfish
Addictions: Espresso (work for SBUX European HQ), music, traveling, photography
Following: Weight Watchers (online)
Religion: Fine for some, for me, not so much (though I am a spiritual person and believe that there is "something" out there)
Living in: The Netherlands (Arnhem, to be exact)

My little story - I am a lifetime WW member. First time I joined was in 1992. I did not reach my goal weight then. Long story short, I gained what I lost plus a few more for good measure. 1999 - joined again, lost 28KG/ 62lbs and maintained for 3 years. Life fell apart (I was married then and we split up, I lost my job, fell into a deep depression, took a/d's and tried to drink myself to death. Fortunately I'm still alive, things are better, but I gained all the weight back) and so did my weight loss / maintenance efforts.

I've tried half-heartedly the last couple of years to lose weight, but I think I'm finally in the right place now and I'm DOING it. Besides that, I have a short term goal of not looking like the side of a barn when I get married in October.

PrettyPaula 05-05-2008 04:15 PM

Wow so many varied ages here i love it!! ive been here for a week or so so its time i posted a bio i guess!

Name: Paula

About me and my weight loss: i have tried to lose weight for years but i am sick to death of it not happening. this time is different (de ja vu!) but it really really is.. i had cosmetic surgery a year ago and have fabulous boobs now, the ones ive always wanted. now i want the body to match!

Job: part time Senior Sales for T Mobile uk, and a History Student about to start my 2nd year at uni

Music: i love so much! mainly Avenged Sevenfold, Vandals, Reel big fish, bullet for my valentine, the gallows, sex pistols, disturbed, korn, blink 182, +44, angels and airwaves, alexisonfire, paramore, funeral for a friend, coheed and cambria and many more!

Books: when i get time to read for pleasure, i love james patterson.. i love crime novels, and i wanna start reading the discworld novels!

Movies: anything tarantino but not Hostel! i love comedy like evan almighty, anchorman, liar liar etc etc im easy when it comes to movies.. but i really love the resident evil movies to

TV: huge brit comedy fan. LOVE peepshow, the office, little britain, QI, that mitchell and webb look and of course miami ink ;)

Tattoos and piercings: im a work in progress, have 2 tattoos and also a half sleeve being worked on right now, i have a few ear piercings, including stretched lobes, i have a lip ring, lower naval and also a micro dermal in my wrist.

Pets: 3 cats, Salem, Poppy and Henry, who i adore so much i could scream!

Glad to be here, feels so good to meet so many like minded women!

Hope1974 05-16-2008 03:29 PM

Name: Hope
Job: Nursing
Pets: 2 dogs, Brodie and Ginger

I'm a single heavily tattooed medical assistant. I play heavy/ hard metal drums in a band. I live in the East Bay of San Francisco. I'm cal counting and staying away from processed foods. Gotta love Trader Joe's and Whole Foods! My goal is to get down at least below 200# :)

~Hope

mamaspank 05-18-2008 03:03 PM

I think I will start here: I am a country girl born and bred in Idaho. I grew up on a dairy. My mom taught me early on never to depend on a man and to be an independent thinker no matter the consequences.
I don't mind labels as long as it is me labeling myself. I am a jock/alternachick/newmama. I love sports. I love/loathe my competitiveness because it has near destroyed some relationships. I can turn anything into a competition; thankfully, my best friend is my complete opposite and can stand me.
I totally got knocked up in 2006 and in June 2007, the best thing happened. I gave life to my son. He is what has kept me truckin after a few bad personal blows in the last few years. My father died March 2006 and my life was turned upside down. Tugg, my son, has been a shining light in a dark time of my life. I found out who my real friends were when I decided to embrace becoming a mother. Some of them thought I was nuts and that my life was over. They obviously have some flawed thinking.
Well, he is a little older, 10-months, and I think it is time I lost this baggage around my tummy and thighs. NO MORE EXCUSES.

missygith 07-05-2008 05:25 PM

It's taken me a while to read the Bios. You guys are fun to read!:cool:
Anyways, I figure I'll make up my own Qs and start from there...
Name? Missy. Yeah, its a nickname, short for Melissa somehow.
Statis? Wife and mother (by choice)
Occupation? nothing that I get a paycheck for
Age? really? who comes up with these? 37 Virgo, year of the Dog
Weight loss plan? Medifast copycat Wonderslim
Howzit going so far? Awesome!
Hungry? Yep Frustrated? Uh huh Getting a grip? yeh Is it worth it? YOu bet!
what do you like to do? I love to hang with my boys, Sol 6 and Tony 3. They are a riot. They both have had mohawks, love to get "tattoos" and play their guitars like rock stars. Now they're both growing their hair out, the floppy little tykes. I love doing henna, when I sport both hands and arms I feel like all art and beauty surround me. I LOVE DISNEYLAND! Not disney, Disneyland! (Ok, I love the cartoons too.) So, I LOVE DISNEYLAND & watching Mickey mouse cartoons. I could live at Disneyland, I wanted to work there but blew it all at 17 by going and getting my first tattoo. They dont hire the inked.
I love burnt popcorn.
I love to knit, I started 2.5 years ago when I quit smoking, it rocks to be able to create warmth and style. I love to shop, and I love to find bargins.
Pets? yah, 1 little dog Poppycock, (poppy, popcorn, popsicle, poprock) She's a little 5lb mix of Pom and American eskimo... big white puffball. We just rescud her from PAWS.
Religion? **** yes! I love God. I like to think that God thinks I rock it with my creativity, and respects my inquisitivness, and laughs his a$$ off at my "irreverence" (huh, cant say that word here...) You go God!
Almost done? nope
Music? Well, like most good little alternachicks I started out the raddest New Waver Seattle had ever seen. Clove cigs, shaved one side of my head, junk jewlery, trenchcoat and Fluevogs. I loved all that junk like crazy. Ultravox, the Smiths, The cure, P-furs, Depeche Mode, Alphaville, Blancmange, Heaven 17... you know all of that old New Romantics then to Bauhaus, The Cocteau twins, then to Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Liabach, Thrill Kill Kult, Then to ALL dance music at the gay clubs, (Nah, not gay... (phag hag #1)) (Then went alittle with the local punk scene but it was too dirty and depressing for me and not in a good way, a gross way... I liked my pink hair without nits thank you very much) then dance then dance then dance and trance, now anything I used to listen to and anything that makes me happy and dance!
Now almost done? almost...
T.V./Movies? Jsyeah. (I didnt have a tv for about 2 years in my early 20's) Now, I cant imagine living without my dvr and netflix. *lol* I love reality tv, i love to laugh at people and be amazed by how stupid the world really is. I miss 6 feet under, wah. I bawled at the end. I love family guy, ha, it is soooooo bad. Banana splits, Peoples court, ANTM... Movies, I love Lord of the rings triogly (the books too) the West side story, All Jet Li films, realy, any movie.
Books? you bet, when I get the chance... mostly knitting books, theology, and the classics Ive always wanted to read but never did... Wuthering heights, Watership down, Cannery row, Animal farm, Tolkien and C.S. Lewis series... Bathroom readers. Oh, I just finished the Pullman series His dark materials, It rocks!
Done Already? Yes! thanks for letting me go on and on and on and so on... (sorry I ramble) Theres way more, right? We could all go on... anyways, Im glad you all are here. Im stoked to chat! Missy out

PinkyPie 07-06-2008 06:31 AM

Hi Missy :) Seems you are going to fit in really well here :) Welcome!!

MotoMichelle 08-21-2008 01:11 PM

Hi everyone.

I hope you all don't mind me joining in here. I used to belong to another popular weight loss forum, and while the people there were nice and supportive I didn't really feel I could truly be myself there. I do feel I may fit the alternachicks forum, though. ;)

Here's a little info:

General: I'm 30 and happily married to my husband for 5 years now. We live in Houston with our Great Dane Cooper and cat Aiden. We are child-free by choice. I'm a computer programmer and work with a great bunch of people.

Books: I mostly enjoy reading informative non-fiction. I like to read books about health, gardening, religion, or whatever topic I may be interested in. I rarely read fiction, but from what I have I've enjoyed Anne Rice, Stephen King, and Neil Gaiman.

Movies/TV: I loved The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Hobbies: My main hobby is motorcycles. Oh my how I love them. I have two motorcycles currently: a 2007 DL650 and a 2006 GS500F. They are both fun in their own way. I don't really care so much for the Harley/cruiser thing. I'm more of a sportbike girl. I also enjoy gardening (mostly veggies).

Religion: I'm a pagan-pantheist. I love to talk religion with open-minded people, but for the most part I keep my religion quiet in day-to-day life. I celebrate the solstices and equinoxes privately in my home.

Weight: My highest weight ever was 250. Over a couple years I lost 20 lbs but this last April I dedicated myself to getting healthy. So at 230 I joined a gym, hired a trainer, and took control of my health and fitness. Today I'm at about 206 and looking forward to hitting onederland. My ultimate goal is to get around 150.

Well, that's about it. I've really enjoyed reading all the other bio's. Looks like a great group and a group where I can feel relaxed to be me. :D

PinkyPie 09-05-2008 09:51 AM

I just wanted to give a shout out to the new Alternachicks here! It's great to have such cool girls with us!

owlmonkey 09-18-2008 09:59 AM

Hola!

Just an intro to me
Paganchick-Celtic Wicca/Buddhism solitary practitioner since 1997, of no particular faith prior to that.
Livin' in the Land of enchantment with one of the most wonderful men on the planet, a herd of cats, one dog, and recently, my mom and her jungle of plants and two birds.
Love gym rattin' :ebike:, yoga :yoga:, hiking, cooking (so hard to lose when you're a foodie!)reading, crosswords, painting, belly dancin' :belly:, crocheting etc.
I am learning to knit, but my hands have somehow become dyslexic
I once weighed 300+, I lost 150+ of that (lowest weight 138 size 8-10, though I looked kinda manky/skinny-I looked & felt my best at a size 12-14.) I have since gained back some weight working in child care can be **** for a diet) and I'm looking to lose it to become healthier.
I prefer to consider size goals rather than weight goals because I tend to be muscular and my weight number is always high for my size-so I go by what size I'd like to be rather than a goal weight.
I am hoping to find some kindred friends here!
Gotta love the daning broccoli! :broc:

TheTinGirl 09-22-2008 12:19 PM

The Tin Girl

Sorry Alex, I liked the lay out of your bio so I...kinda...stolded it. :D

First name (if you want to tell): Call me Tin.

Geographical location: Central PA

Marital Status: Living with my boyfriend, soon to be husband, and a little shih-tzu puppy named Peanut.

Occupation: I work in a blue cubical tending to the needs of wealthy CEOs who would rather pay someone else to fix their computers then train their own sys admins. It's a joy. I also do a bit of beading and photography, love to write. I'm stuffing a collection of poems together and working on my first fiction novel. By the way if anyone wants to chit chat and give me their opinions as I write this book that would be wonderful. At least better then me arguing with myself 99% of the time.

Pets: One pup nameds Peanut who just turned 1 last year.

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, writing, music, singing, reading (mostly medical books) trying to learn how to sew. That's turned out quite bad.. though I do have a pair of rainbow striped bell bottoms to show for the pricks in my finger.

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Hair is black and my eyes are blue. Eyes are natural, hair is not.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: About two years...looking to pick up the pace a bit.

Starting Weight: 365

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 170...100 more pounds to go!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm stressed and I'm stressed if I'm awake. Also have some depression issues that convince me that ice cream with candy in it really is worth blowing my blood sugar through the roof.

Following any specific plan: lose weight so I can get my blood sugar down and help my failing pancreas. No specific plan yet though...can't find one!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: March 23 I was admitted to the emergency room with pancreantitis. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for five days...was on constant morphine for the pain, and spent about 27,000 dollars...only to come out of the hospital with serious morphine withdraws and a permanently numb spot in my thigh from being bed ridden. Can't get a bigger eye opener then that.

Anything else: I'm also looking for friends that I don't feel weird around when I need some support.

unload2 09-26-2008 11:18 AM

I'm so stoked I found this group!

User name/name: nicole/unload2

BIRTHDAY: april 12

MARITAL STATUS: hitched

Children/ages: mikayla is 6, and emma is 3

TOP WEIGHT: 205 preggo

CURRENT WEIGHT: 175

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 ish

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: changes on a regular basis

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafting/cooking & baking/walking/kid stuff/gardening

PETS: 2 basenji's jasper and butch

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: loveland, colorado- woot woot

FAVORITE COLOR: green

FAVORITE FOODS: mexican, indian, any kind sweet treats

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking/weightlifting...i really want to start muy thai soon too!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): audio books for my ipod...cookbooks of course!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): horror, independent, comedy, classics...too many to list

FAVORITE/GROUP: way too many. what i'm into now....the arcade fire, estelle, almost any reggae, pertty girls make graves....so many more

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being consistent....binging late at night.....quitting once i've given in to temptation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be a good role model for my girls....not a mom that's unmotivated and lethargic and always obsessing about the scale and thinness. Being fit and healthy. Hopefully I will follow through and use this site for support and advice and finally be able to acheive my goal.

RELIGION: never have been. always believed in some kind of higher power. currently learning about eastern religions cause i'm curious.

POLITICS: democrat

mauvaisroux 09-29-2008 06:55 PM

Welcome to all of the new chiquitas! :wave:

joyra 09-30-2008 07:52 AM

I introduced myself on the main board but I thought it would be fun to fill out one of these surveys, especially since I joined 3FC specifically because they had an "alternative" board. :D

User name/name: Rachel/Joyra

MARITAL STATUS: Living with my boyfriend, been together 2 years

TOP WEIGHT: 173 (Day before I moved to Korea, 08/19/08)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 166

GOAL WEIGHT: 100 .. might not be reasonable but I just want to reach it and see how it feels ... definitely will be happy around 110, which is what my mom, a marathon runner, has weighed all of my life.

HEIGHT: 5'1

HAIR COLOR: The only blonde I see all day

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: traveling, music, writing, environmentalism, hiking, photography, movies, TV, politics, comedy

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South Korea by way of the American Midwest

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican, Indian, Thai; Black beans, avocadoes, cheese, all things that are difficult to find in Korea! :cry:

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Dance Dance Revolution on my Wii & walking/hiking. I live by mountains and ocean, guess who still stays home on her butt (but still plays DDR a lot? :dizzy:)

FAVORITE BOOK(S): David Sedaris

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Royal Tennenbaums, I Heart Huckabees, Rock N Roll High School

FAVORITE/GROUP: Right now I like electronic/dance/dance punk/drone. And 80s New Wave.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: PORTION CONTROL! If you can make a whole package, I will eat the whole package! I also often choose hang out with my skinny underweight boyfriend and drink beer over exercising.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: No idea. I'm obsessed with this website and I can't wait to have a ticker to tick tick tick down to 100 lbs and to put up my new skinny pictures and feel fabulous. Also, I'm in Asia for a year, maybe two, I'd like to come back looking amazing.

POLITICS: Very very liberal. In fact, am sort of glad to be hiding on the other side of the earth in case McCain wins.

WormwoodDoll 11-08-2008 12:00 AM

NAME: Corinne

BIRTHDAY: July 16th

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

TOP WEIGHT: 256

CURRENT WEIGHT: 227

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My family and heritage, books, runes, black magick, cooking/baking, D.I.Y

PETS: Cat (7 months old)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA

FAVORITE COLOR: Dark reds and browns

FAVORITE FOODS: I love different kinds

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I can't pick just a few

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): All kinds of horror and psychological thrillers. But Prozac Nation seems to be my all-time favorite movie.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I listen to everything. Mainly ambient black metal to neofolk. My favorite band is Current 93.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: The first 100lbs I gained were completely random, while exercising and dieting regularly. I was checked for problems, all clear, though. My mother blamed my dad since his side of the family is all obese. The last 56lbs were 4 years of not caring and being anti-social.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I met someone who changed my life and makes me want to better myself. I noticed how bad I got and I don't want to further the damage.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting / healthier eating / portion control

RELIGION: Left Hand Path

POLITICS: Moderate

PIERCINGS: Nipples & tongue [had labret, lip (both sides), medusa, and eyebrow].

TATTOOS: 6 so far and more to come.

UrthWurm 12-16-2008 08:57 AM

Name: Kim
Weight & Height: 5'3" & 205 shameful lbs.
Work: Blockbuster Employee. xD Though I prefer the title of Entrepreneur over that, as I do have an online shop where I sell various merchandise. I also do custom graphics/graphic design. Needless to say, those two "side-jobs" earn me way more money than my official one.
Music: Way too many 'favorites' to legally list here. Attempting a brief overview would just give your thread stretchmarks. Let's just sum it up to me being indecisive & having rather varied tastes.. I like everything from Nirvana to Ani DeFranco.. Seether, Creed, NIN, Brand New, Insane Clown Posse, Kadavers on Kitestrings , Twiztid, Relient K, King Gordy, Hot Hot Heat, Sex Pistols, ACDC, Melissa Etheridge, Pink (HUGE fan)-- Okay, I need to stop. God knows that could only continue on for far far too long, but please enjoy the brief taste of my music prefs. Likes I said, my palate craves many different flavors.
Books: Oh dear.. Books. Shall we talk about them? Okay. I was an avid reader-- the was being strongly emphasized. I haven't read a book of my own free will (college classes, especially fiction related ones, require some 'light' reading) in a good few months; it might be bordering on half a year or more now. I'd say I stopped reading so much about the same time my GF (Sam) & I's relationship went from friend to -- yeah. I think I mostly read out of loneliness. I could find solace in books that the real world just didn't offer.. I wasn't some loner when I was reading a story, I could pretend I was one of the leading characters off on a dangerous adventure, or wrapped up in a complicated, angst-filled romance. I guess.. since I've been developing a life of my own I haven't so heavily relied on the lives of others-- especially fictional ones. I still do love books though, & I aim to become an accomplished author. Who knows, maybe one day a similarly sad & lost little girl will pick up one of my books; if that days comes I only hope I can offer her (or him) the same comfort that I found in the words of so many others.
TV: Ooh. TV rots your brain.. >_> *Watches some* I love TV way more than is necessary. It's just a device, like games, to entertain us & simultaneously distract us from what's happening (TV & games are actually considered a form of mind control, lol). I love TV, I just hate being told what I should or should not believe from the TV; I've watched more than a few shows that paint certain groups of people in perhaps fairer colors than honestly true (isn't that called *gasp* propaganda?). I also don't appreciate that those who hold the information can control how much of it you know. For that & several other reasons I stay away from News channels. First of all, I just don't like anchor-people; I saw this woman once telling the story of how half a dozen people or so had been killed, & she did it with a smile on her face.. Yeah, nothing's wrong there. *Sigh* Ghost Hunters is one of my all-time favorite shows! I do admit to loving TV series though, also. Supernatural is a fav, followed by TrueBlood, Firefly, Psych, CSI, Dresden Files (books are better)-- Okay, I'm stopping myself again!
Interests/Hobbies: Drawing, Writing, Painting, Graphic Design, Photography, Baking, Philosophy, Cultural views, Religious beliefs, Learning, Wondering, etc..
Goals: Losing weight, becoming a healthier me, & learning to control my anger (I need to start properly articulating what I'm feeling, without the use of yelling again).
Religion: I don't persecute people because of their beliefs, & think that whatever you believe, just believe in something (even if it's the absence of a God). I personally lean toward Druidic beliefs, but don't consider that a "religion". I have a set of principles that I follow, but I don't expect others to do the same under penalty of persecution. Also, I don't wage wars for my Gods. Gaia is my Earth mama; Love for the world, in my honest opinion, is the 2nd greatest love (besides a love of yourself).
Politics
: Liberal. I don't like politics, but it's good to be informed.
Relationship Status: I have a GF (Lycan). We've been together 7 wonderful months, & still going strong. :D She makes me the happiest I've ever been, & I honestly couldn't imagine a life without her.

So, I guess that's it from me.
I'm excited to start cruising your "support group", as you all seem like an interesting lot. Hope to see you 'round the forums!

Kimmy

Skullarix 12-31-2008 08:15 PM

My name: Just call me Skullarix
Job: Call Center Cube Drone
Relationship: Married
Pets: 3 cats, 1 fish and 1 horse
Books/Authors: Anne Ross
Movies: 13th Warrior, Gladiator, Beowulf and 300
TV: I don't watch TV
Music: Mostly German Folk Metal and bagpipe bands
Hobbies: Bagpipes, fake hair, horses and Druidry
Other Stuff: ??? What I just gave you the quick and dirty version
Home decor: What ever my room mate wants which appears to be mostly animal print

breathingfumes 01-03-2009 05:35 PM

Name Lucy

Age Twenty - Two

Location Auburn Alabama

Weight & Height 205 & 5'5

Work Photographer

Books I'm HUGE into Vampire novels of any sort yest I am a twilight fan x) I love Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton & Various others. I'm a huge dork for the horror & supernatural section in book stores as well as the new age section.

Music I tend to like bands that all sound completely different as well as bands of all sorts. My favorites in the world would have to be NIN, Tool, Deftones though I tend to also like various other types of music.

TV Ghost Hunters! Anything on SCIFI and anything that is a horrible Reality Show

Movies Labyrinth! My favorite type of movie is of course Horror. I'm a huge huge HUGE fan of horror movies I always say the more blood the better.

Interests/Hobbies Photography, My Roller Derby Team & Playing Roller Derby, Ghost Hunting, Reading, Traveling

Goals To get down to 145lbs

Religion I consider myself a Christian but i'm still not a huge fan of organized religion.

Politics Liberal

Relationship Status Taken

Rebecca85 01-24-2009 10:16 AM

Name: Rebecca

Family: I have a wonderful husband of almost 3 years (in april actually) no kids but two pets a bunny and a bird

Job: not right now but soon hopefully

Music
: everything pretty much

Movies: Horror flicks

TV: Dexter Csi (all of them) Bones supernatrual True blood

Hobbies:
Cooking, reading, writing, dance, art

My Weight
: I have always been big. Right now I am at my biggest 309lbs and I feel every lbs my back hurts all the time and I just am sick of looking at it. So I am on WW and stoped a lot of bad habbits. I want to be at 150lbs so I am here.

Talina 03-03-2009 04:12 PM

I think it's about time I join this forum. I've been an alternachick my whole life. Now I'm working on becoming a fit alternachick!

My name: Mary
Job: studio art student, working towards a 'real' job
Pets: 1 dog
Books/Authors: Ayn Rand, Peter Beagle, Orson Scott Card
Movies: Army of Darkness, The Last Unicorn,
TV: I rarely watch tv, but when I do it's always discovery, history, or the smithsonian channels with the occassionally cartoon thrown in
Music: Lately I've really been into music that ranges from symphonic metal to celtic. I love female singers!
Hobbies: Weaving, dyeing fabric and hair, art, sewing anything with animals, video games, learning about and studying languages
Goals: to reach a healthy weight and be in decent physical shape

fenderella5678 03-22-2009 07:07 AM

I love so much that this is here! I'll fit right in. :D

NAME: Kati

BIRTHDAY: April 27th (almost 18)

MARITAL STATUS: Been with my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years, pre-engaged (that's what we call it :P )

TOP WEIGHT: 370

CURRENT WEIGHT: 315

GOAL WEIGHT: 250, maybe 230 if I want to lose more once I get to 250

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Dark Blue (though my pupils are huge, so my eyes look black most of the time)

HAIR COLOR: Reddish-blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing music and songs, playing guitar, playing video games, designing/making clothes (though I'm not too good at it just yet), painting, studying psychology

PETS: Cat (2 years old) named Minnie Moose :)
That's not including the 16 pets in my entire household, from horses to chickens... :P

OCCUPATION: No job right now, I'm looking though. :( I was a photographer for Sears Portrait Studio but that was seasonal only.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio, on the border of WV. Moving to Columbus this fall.

FAVORITE COLOR: All reds. Red is such a passionate color.

FAVORITE FOODS: All kinds.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking mostly, though I've been trying belly dance for a while.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I can't pick just a few <--what she said :)

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Donnie Darko and Pan's Labyrinth.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: My favorite musician is Jeff Buckley, my second favorite is Nine Inch Nails. I used to listen to mostly 80's and 90's alternative, but I've been listening to modern music lately, mostly indie rock. Ooh and funk. :) I've been listening to Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith, The Faint, Mindless Self Indulgence, Juliette & the Licks, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Muse, !!!, Yelle, etc.
Pandora.com is my hero. :)

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I've been a chubbins my whole life, which I don't mind, I like being curvy, but it got totally out of hand a few years ago. I have bipolar disorder, and I was prescribed Lithium, and that made me gain weight horrifically. I was on the depo shot too, which made me hungry constantly. All together I gained over 100lbs in 2 years. But besides that, I've always been a sucker for junk foods anyway.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The meds I'm on aren't bad for weight gain, and I'm completely determined. I've always seen my college years as me being thinner, and there's no way that's gonna happen unless I make it happen.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting, portion control, eating healthier, and exercising more.

RELIGION: Nothing official, but I've always leaned toward Wicca.

POLITICS: As liberal as it gets.

PIERCINGS: Monroe (upper lip piercing on the left)

TATTOOS: None, but I'm getting one on my left wrist as soon as I finish designing it. It's going to say "Wait in the fire" (a Jeff Buckley lyric) with the moon cradling the text.

Riverite 03-24-2009 10:48 AM

My name: Heidi

Job: currently, teacher; next year, who knows?

Relationship: married to an amazing alternadude

Pets: 4 very furry cats

Books/Authors: anything and everything; David Sedaris; Chuck Palahniuk; Ayn Rand; vampire fiction

Movies: Fight Club, comic book movies, LOTR, independent films (Wristcutters, Scotland PA, etc)

TV: Bones, Sarah Connor, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse (maybe? I'm not sure about it yet)

Music: Mostly chick rock (Within Temptation, Kidneytheives, Jack off Jill), but other good headbanging stuff too--Zombie, System

Hobbies: Gaming (RPG junkie), reading, writing (teen books and scifi short stories), making beer and mead, making chainmail, hanging out with friends, hopefully going to the gym will soon be added to this list

Food: Sushi!

Goal: I am just starting on my weight loss journey. Until the last few years, I was always slender and very happy with my weight. I quit smoking five years ago (yay!), but I haven't been able to control my weight since then. My goal is to loose 60 pounds, which would put me at 165 lbs.

michelinwoman 04-08-2009 09:19 AM

Name: April

Weight & Height: 5'6 and floating between 148-156 usually

Work: Currently not working (helping out with hubby's business pro-bono if that counts).

Books: Read off and on...but usually get bored with most everything. East of Eden (favorite at the moment), some Anne Rice books, Dean Koontz...a little.

Music: Whatever I'm in the mood for...not commited to any type. Really just background noise to me.

TV: Guilty Pleasure: trashy reality shows!

Movies: Shawshank Redemption; Gladiator; A Simple Plan; What's Eating Gilbert Grape; Dumb & Dumber...some favorites just off the top of my head.

Kids: Yes, I did reproduce...just once.

Pets: Two dogs: A sweet Pet Bull (pit bull) I got from the pound about 8 years ago; mountain feist (some breed I had never heard of until I moved to TN) :) 10-yrs old; and a bird...a really high maintenance cockatiel named Fred who tries to control which room I sit in by screaming when I try to leave.

Goals: Get my weight down to where my rolls don't touch when I bend sideways....probably about 135 lbs or in that range.

Religion: Christian.

Politics: Since I have to choose....I vote Republican. But I'm probably actually more of a conservative Democrat.

Relationship Status: Happily married for 17 yrs.