Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:56 PM   #76  
a new me, I soon will be

Last night we rented The Brothers Grimm and Must Love Dogs. Both were entertaining, although not ones that I would rush out and buy. Of course, I could have been influenced by the fact that my motor-mouth sister was talking to me throughout both movies
Old 01-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #77  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Yeah - must love dogs was cute - but very formula predictable - funny but not a keeper.

I have been watching the Dead Like Me series on DVD - just finished season 1 - I can't beleive they cancelled this show - granted it was on Showtime and it would lose a lot if they edited for public tv - but even FX network or SciFi would love this show and probably wouldnt cut much of the language.

Anyway - I love this show - it is hysterically funny and I think very real in the way the characters react to their own situations and those of their "clients".

I recommend them to anyone that can deal with F word and plenty of life and death and sexual references.

Speaking of this show -where the heck is Dawnlizbeth? She is the one that turned me onto this show and she hasnt been on in ages - is she on another thread? Spose I could check myself...
Old 01-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #78  
Take A Bite..I dare ya!

I love Dead Like Me..I have the season two on my netflix. I really liked the show too.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #79  
ugggg.....

Has anyone seen Tristan & Isolade???
Old 01-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #80  
Pending Email Confirmation

haven't seen it but it looks good.

watched gus van sands last days. while it was visually pleasing the story was less than interesting. Michael Pitts likeness to Kurt Cobain was eerie.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #81  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Thumbs up Monster

This has been out on DVD for a while and I can see why it got some rave reviews.

Based on a true story - who would think you could feel sorry for a serial killer?

Anyway - I give it a thumbs up - not only was it believably told but it had a love story spin to it as well.

Not to mention making Charlize Theron look like a weathered old hooker - DH didnt believe me when I said she is actually really hot.

Anyone else seen it?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:23 PM   #82  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

It's on my list, but I haven't seen it yet.

I watched recently:
Bad News Bears (remake) - It was fun. I like Billy Bob.
March of the Penguins - I LOVED this movie. It was really interesting. You do need to actually like documentary films, but it is really cool.
Must Love Dogs - It was cute. Didn't love it.
Just Friends - Funny, enjoyable but nothing great.
King Kong - NO! BAD! Honestly, it was a visually beautiful movie, but it was about and hour & a half too long.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:54 PM   #83  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Saw Narnia last night and liked it - not as exciting as LOTR or Harry Potter but good
Old 01-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #84  
Pending Email Confirmation

rented two movies this weekend, both with the same downfall - a crappy ending. The first movie was Dark Water, it was pretty good. Some great suspense and moments to make you jump. Gotta love Jennifer Connely - or so says my hubby.
The other was The Island. I wanted so badly for it to be good. And it started off interesting and building up and you're trying to figure out what's going on... and then it just turns into every bad futuristic/sci-fi/action movie cliche that you can think of wrapped up into one. I would definately not recoomend this one. so disappointing.
next up brokeback mountain... i hope it lives up to the hype.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #85  

I really liked Monster with Charlize Theron. Although i found the one scene where she was being attacked really hard to watch. It was very graphic. The story was really good though. There was a documentry on the real person that she played on HBO. Her name is slipping my mind now. What a sad life she had.
I saw Brokeback mountain a few weeks ago and i got my huspand to go. ( my next miricle is to walk on water). I loved it. Jake and Heath are so hot and they run around half naked. very nice. Plus the story is so good. Very Very sad.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #86  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Do not, I repeat, do NOT go see Cassanova.

It was the only movie playing at the time I wanted to see a movie. I regret it.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #87  
Cute & Fluffy

But Heath is so cute! Darn.

I watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose the other night. I really enjoyed it! A lot more then I thought I would. I liked the fact it was half horror movie/ half drama. And it made me think, which I like.

I have a few more at home for this weekend - Suicide Kings, Murderball, and The Aristocrats.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #88  
Cute & Fluffy

Murderball - A documentary on quadriplegic rugby players. It was really interesting. I closed my eyes every time they rammed into each other though.

The Aristocrats - A bizarre documentary about a lot of different comics telling the same dirty joke. The joke itself really isn't funny at all - it is just disturbing, but I enjoyed watching the comics talk about telling jokes, and the history of the joke. It was an OK movie.

Brokeback Mountain - I LOVED this movie. It was beautiful! It was a great, sad love story. It was a beautiful film. I think it deserves the Oscar buzz.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #89  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I saw an trailer for Aristocrats and thought that it looked lame. I know for sure not to watch it now since your description is exactly what I thought it would be.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #90  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
Well I finally watched The Machinist starring a very gaunt and ill Christian Bale -
I can't believe he lost so much weight for the role - Thank goodness he filled out and buffed up for the Batman movie and is back to his hottie self

Anyhoo - I really enjoyed The Machinist

Hope you don't mind me bursting onto this thread

The Machinist is an EXCELLENT movie. I was so intrigued by it I think I watched it 3 times in a row, just to catch all the clues and try to figure out what was real and what was a dream.

Christian Bale was VERY impressive in this role and WOW how skinny was he???

I watched American Psycho again a few days later, just to compare roles

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but last night we saw "Unleashed" / "Danny the Dog". Weird concept and though violent (which I don't mind to a degree) ended up having a REALLY good story to it. Do you all know it?
Closed Thread