Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 03:30 PM   #1  
Gotta move my Thang!

Default Drive-by Howday!

Hello, Lovely ladies!

So, I'm hoping this will be more than a drive-by. I've finally figured out a way to hook my laptop up to the internet from home, (surprisingly obvious - buy a modem, duh!) so that I don't feel like I'm taking much-needed time from crisis management at work to get my moral support fix and check in with you all.

Work is full of crises these days, it seems, and so I've been stressed and pretty much taking it out on myself with gallons of Coke and pounds of chocolate. Well... maybe not that bad, but certainly not good. I'm going to have to revise my ticker upwards about 5 pounds, Oy gevault!

But the weather has finally improved to the point where I'm painting my toenails becuase people will see them in my fancy Berkies, (I'm thinking light blue with electric blue sparkles, woo hoo!) and I've had hubby's bike tuned up so that I can ride it at work. His bike is a hybrid with wider wheels than my road bike, and so I would rather tool around town on it through the puddles and sand on the roads these days. My plan is a dual one: get some exercise each day, and since I usually have at least one or two errands to run each afternoon, save on a little gasoline by burning a few calories instead. I don't expect it to make a huge dent, but it makes me feel better to do even a little part toward energy conservation. And if gas gets up to $3.00/gal, as some folks predict, I would need to give some serious financial thought to riding the 15 miles to work as often as possible.

So that's my fly-by. Hope you're all well! Mauvais, looking forward to your vaca photos! I'll try to be better about checking in again, now that I am able to do so without stressing about needing to work.

Happy hugs to you all! Take care!
Solarmama
Old 04-26-2005, 08:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Solar, you've just reminded me that I've been meaning to paint my toe nails now that I'm wearing my Birks again. (sans socks) A lovely, pale green.
I'm with you on the stress eating, hon. I've been doing the same, and am getting NOWHERE! Big hugs, hon... Let's it together and get back on track!

BTW, I LOVE your signature!
And congratulations on getting the bike out!!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Welcome Back Solar! (from someone else that has disappeared lately)
Old 04-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey solar!

yeah, I just had my toenails painted a shade of metallic orange - fun!
Closed Thread