Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile February Chat

Good morning all!

Just starting off a new thread for the month....

Just found out I will be performing at a bellydance show in April

Must get ready for work now - I will pop in later on my lunch break
Old 02-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #2  

I found this interesting reading link that may interest those of you with kids.

http://www.joancarrisbooks.com/
Old 02-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

oooh, a show, Mauvais! Is this open to the general public?
Hey... that's a great link! I'm just checking it out... thank you!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #4  

Yep! It is open to the public. I can get tickets for it and after the performances there is a Lebanese food buffet
Old 02-02-2005, 09:02 AM   #5  
Slowly shrinking

Oh wow! Belly dancing! I do sacred circle dancing, but belly dancing is so cool. Life is getting better, I'm feeling well again and we're halfway through winter and sliding towards spring. Phew, what a run-on sentence. I have 2 teenagers home for exam week, man they make a lot of mess. Oh well. Guess I should get ready for work!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #6  

Lois, I'm just getting my 15 year old out the door now. Exam week is finally over... thank GOD!! Today is MY day, ALONE!!
Yes, I do believe spring is coming!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Yep Spring is in the air!!!!!! I did an INTENSE cleaning of my living room last night, washed the slipcovers, febreezed the furniture, vacuumed, cleaned the baseboards, dusted, polished, cleaned out the file cabinet. Then I crashed on the couch and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Next Tuesday, I will tackle the dining room. Since I did such an extensive cleaning / purging a few weeks ago, it is now easier to spot the things that I normally miss. My goal is to have a super clean house - all rooms, by end of February. Then I can paint in March and then be set to start cheerleading in April without worrying about not having time to do house projects.

Tiki
Old 02-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #8  
Gotta move my Thang!

Tika, you're my hero! I usually wait until March to do the spring cleaning, but I think this year I should start early because it's getting out of hand.

Mauvais, go on with your bad self and your bellydancing show! Woo hoo!

Ellis, I'm SO jealous - one thing I don't think I get is really any time absolutely alone. I go to work, where I am working even if I am there by myself, so it's not restful. DH is a teacher so he gets home very early in the day. To get some complete solitude, I have to take a sick day! Since I'm for the most part introverted, all this interacting with other humans gets tiring after a while.

Well, I've been off 3FC and off the wagon for a few days. Gained three pounds. Urgh. But, I'm feeling ready to climb back on, and I have identified two new triggers for poor behavior. One: spur of the moment eating! If I have breakfast at home, and have lunch made up for me to take to work, then I will be fine all day. If I have to have breakfast at work, or scrounge lunch, I will inevitably choose poorly, and that sets me off for the rest of the day's uncontrolled frenzy. So, the goal for the month is to make breakfasts and lunches ahead at home to head that off. I'm not good at that kind of planning, but it's my goal to improve. Blurgh. The other trigger is milk chocolate. I can have a reasonable piece of dark, darkest chocolate, let it melt, and be all done. I can have one piece of milk chocolate, and become a giant gaping mouth shoveling fistfuls of milk chocolate in until I'm ill. It's like I need a certain level of cocoa solids before I can stop, and milk chocolate just doesn't cut it. So, action item: buy more Green & Black's Maya Gold Chocolate. The best there is, and fair trade/organic to boot. Live and learn!

Ciao, ladies! Hope you're well!
Take care,
Solarmama

Last edited by solarmama; 02-02-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #9  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Gals, I need a new beginning! I've felt so bogged down & 'snowed under' this winter. I need to cleanse & purge my house and life of anything unneccesary. I did clear out my closets and donated a ton of cute clothes I didn't fit in anymore. I let go of my skinny image hiding in there, and I'm going to embrace a new HEALTHY me, no matter what size. I'll be happy to buy new clothes when I am healthier too. And a new body would be a new source of pride and confidence, 2 things I sorely need that would keep me going when anything else in life gets rough. I'll be participating in the Feb. challenge too, and hopefully get a jump start on my way. Thanks for listening. This 'declaration' is sure to help me when I'm not feeling so determined.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:05 AM   #10  

Welcome kellibee2000, nice to meet ya.

I was hoping to get a bunch of cleaning and school work done this weekend. Then I got sick. I was in bed for four days. Every time I got up I was dizzy and my head felt filled with putty. I'm starting to do a bit better, but I still pretty much feel like crap. Now I'm behind in one of my classes too. Argh! Oh, well. Tomorrow is my day off from school and I hope to get back on track. I haven't been exercising, but I also haven't been eating much at all. Maybe one meal and a snack every day. The doctor says I probably had a virus and I should take it easy for the next couple of weeks while I recover. If I take it any easier I'll probably just blink out of existance!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hannah,

Sorry you've been under the weather. Had to laugh at the description though "head filled with putty"? Never heard that before.

Today is bulk pick up day in my neighborhood so I sat all the boxes that were in my basement out on the curb and they will be picked up today. I didn't really clean anything else last nite cause I gave myself and DD a pedicure. I also polished my fingernails (I usually NEVER Do this). Hot soak in the tub to ease the sore leg muscles and then called it a day.

Tiki.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #12  

Solar, the other day my nine-year old told me that chocolate had been invented to make people happy. Yeah... you may as well get the best there is.
I gained a pound and a half this week... come on, girl... let's get back on the wagon!!

Hannah, how are you feeling, hon? A couple of WEEKS!?! Holy, what did you GET!! Take good care of yourself, and don't stress about the exercise until you're feeling up to it.

Tiki, you're so organized, you're making me itchy. You make me want to strip my house bare and clean it top to bottom!!

Kelli, you've got a great attitude! You can do this, girl!! This is going to be a great year for all of us!

I'm short on sleep, and I've (I hope!) got half a day to myself... think I'm going to curl up with a cheesy mystery and a blanket.
Hope everyone is well!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #13  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I wish I had an ounce of your zest for cleaning and purging, something my house needs so badly but I am soooooooooooo easily distraced and look for distractions too. I am going to start off small, my closet tomorrow under my stairs, WHO KNOWS WHAT LURKS DOWN THERE!!!!!! Maybe if I were doing that I would keep my hands away from the cookies and junk that my hubby insistes on bringing into the house that I insist on eating for some demented reason. AAAHhhhhhhhhh!!!! What a viciouis circle I seem to be in.
Virginia
Old 02-04-2005, 02:05 PM   #14  

Virginia - one of my friends keep a junk food chest for her husband that is locked and only he has the key to it. It may sound extreme but it seems to be working for her.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:11 PM   #15  
Slowly shrinking

Oh yeah ~ I can relate to the need to purge stuff. Last year I did a lot of de-cluttering, even gave away a dining room set that had been weighing me down since my mother died in 1995. Feels great to unload stuff, but our attic is the 2005 goal. All the out-grown toys and clothes and unused furniture is up there. Packed solid. My 2005 goal is to empty it so if we decide to insulate, we can.

I washed the kitchen floor today. It's a wonderful feeling to actually complete a task. The only problem with being ill for weeks is the house went completely to ****, and now the job of slowly getting it under control is upon me.

Everyone else seems to glory in disorder. Husband too.

My appetite has returned, now to be very careful not to gain back my sick-weight-loss.

Today is a pd day for all my kids, so the younger two are playing Game-Cube and the Eldest is painting Warhammer. My daughter has been in the city for a few days, but will be home this afternoon.

Life appears to be returning to a normal, and the weather has been so wonderful.

Have a great weekend ~ Lois
Closed Thread