Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #91  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I loved Chocolat! Johnny Depp - yum!

It was a movie weekend, since the boy wasn't feeling good.
We rented:
Garden State - slow start, but good movie.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - I was very impressed with this. I truly enjoyed it, and didn't expect to.

The Terminal - cute movie. Fun to watch.

I also got The Count of Monte Cristo & Van Helsing from the boy for Christmas
Old 01-05-2005, 10:46 AM   #92  
Pending Email Confirmation

squeaker - we've been watching the same things. garden state is on it's way to me now. eternal sunshine was slow to start but was amazing. and terminal, which i also expected not to care much for, was very good. I wasn't a fan of the feel good ending, but the rest of it was great.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 AM   #93  

Has anyone seen Ray? It is at our local cheap theater and I am thinking of going to see it tonight. I figure at least the music will be good.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:06 PM   #94  
Gotta move my Thang!

Heya -

I saw Ray about a month ago - it was FANtastic! Really, a very moving story, excellent music, some of which is performed by Jamie Foxx, and some by Ray himself before he passed. I couldn't tell the difference between the two versions. Mr. Foxx did a fabulous job with the acting as well.

I loved it, can you tell? Go see it!

Solarmama
Old 01-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #95  

Watched Gardenstate today. I guess the jury is out on it. I liked it, but also didn't like it at the same time. It was interesting, some of the lines and scenes were wonderful, and I liked the ending and the actors. Overall it had a "trying too hard" feeling that I didn't care for, and as much as I love art movies, and I do, it just had this sort of film school quality that I didn't care for.

We did a marathon this past week of the lord of the rings, all extended versions. It was just as good, better because there was a lot I didn't remember and the added footage fit right in. It's always good, but damn if it doesn't take a long time to watch it all.
I have waiting for me Interstate 60 and Inherit the Wind waiting for me right now. I can't believe my hubby has never seen it, or even heard of the Scopes trial!
Old 01-15-2005, 12:34 AM   #96  

Okay, I found a good one. It's called "Danny Deckchair" and it is really cute. The main guy was in The Shippingnews and the main girl is from "The Lord of the Rings" (aowin i think her name was? the warrior girl) and it was really a good chick movie. It's a little bit on the formulaic side, but in a good way. You know what's going to happen, but the ride there is amusing. Would definately recommend it.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #97  

Wow, I'm the only one watching movies lately! We watched "The Boondock Saints" which I know is old. But it was really good.I enjoyed it a lot, which isn't usually the case for violent action type movies. It was also very funny - to me anyway. My only beef with it is that Willim Dafoe's gay character came off mostly creepy instead of gay. But maybe that was what he was going for?
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #98  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Boondock Saints is a great film, but you are right, Willem Dafoe came off more creepy than gay....

We watched Soul Plane on the weekend. Some parts were funny but it was full of toilet humour, stereotypes, crassness and not very funny gay jokes.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #99  
Gotta move my Thang!

Hey, Liziness, I've been watching movies, too! Just none that have been worth mentioning.

Latest pull from Netflixx has been Akira, the Japanese anime classic - which is less old than I thought (early 80's). DH and I are trying to catch up on a lot of the films that our anime-obsessed friends discuss at length, and it's been a ride, for sure. I'm not a big one for gore or violence, but these movies are fascinating.

In the same vein, we're getting all the Samurai Jack DVD's that we can find - I just love the look of it, and Jack is a very fun character.

Oh, and Netflixx has started buying the MST3k's that have come out on DVD, thank goodness! Means I get serious laugh therapy about once a week. If you like MST3k and haven't seen it yet, you must rent "Space Mutiny" - you will really ROFLYAO.

Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 01-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #100  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, Lizzi... I didn't want to mention that I'd just watched Terminator I and II.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #101  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ah, you watched them, but did you enjoy them..... (they can be a guilty pleasure )
Old 01-17-2005, 05:30 PM   #102  

I watched T2 about a zillion times when i was young. I had a huge crush on Eddie Furlong. I still have to see the movies he does, he just doesn't do many because he's too busy doing drugs instead from what I've read. Heh, I wonder if he hangs out with Macauley Culkin.
I guess that's true, i don't post all the dorky stuff I watch like this anime Ai Aori Aushi (i think i spelled it wrong). It's cute but not something I tell people I watch, you know?

solar - I'd love to know what anime you are watching now! It's about all we watch, whether i like it or not. I am getting used to it and even enjoy most of it now. I still don't like the robot and space ones that much though.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #103  
Wanttolossalot

I know I am way behind times and you ladies have probably already seen this movie, but I thought it was good. Mystic River.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #104  

Height: 5'-2"

Virginia, believe me, I'm probably not ahead of you at all. I don't get out much. Although I did see Mystic River last year. I really liked it, too. Sean Penn is great.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #105  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I did see Mystic River. Almost exactly a year ago. It was the movie my youngest sister picked as her first rated "R" movie she went to after she turned 17. And they didn't ID her. She was kinda bummed about that. I was kind of happy that she picked that as opposed to some silly blow-'em up movie. But I also took her to her first indie-type movie when she was 12. I took her to see Waking Ned Devine.
Closed Thread