3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Nurturing the nuts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/50215-nurturing-nuts.html)

solarmama 02-15-2005 04:58 PM

Liz - I'm sending you good vibes right now! To your family too. Keep us posted!

Solarmama
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

dentrassi 02-16-2005 05:42 PM

Lizzi-Lots of good vibes coming your (and your family's) way. Hope everything works out okay.

lizziness 02-16-2005 08:53 PM

hey guys, thanks for the love! :) The hurricane hit some islands close to them, but didn't actually hit the island my family is on. They are pretty much out of the woods, but there are still flood warnings and a possibility that the thing might change its course and hit them... we'll know a little later on.

G-pa is still in ICU (why do i always type icq instead? lol). I think he will be okay. I have a major cold/flu thing going, so i'm staying away. No need to complicate things. Anyway, thanks for caring.

ellis 02-16-2005 09:46 PM

Lizzi, that's wonderful news! :grouphug:
Keep us posted on your Grandpa... still saying prayers...
And you get better soon, too, hon!!

mauvaisroux 02-17-2005 09:39 AM

Glad that your family were untouched by the hurricanes! :grouphug:

Wanttolosealot 02-17-2005 01:18 PM

Hi girls! Sorry I have not been checking in much this week. My mind has been elsewheres I guess. I went to my sister in laws on Monday, Valentines Day which just happens to be her and her hubbys 1st anniversary which normally would be a very happy occassion, however, not for them. You see, her hubby was given 2 to 10 days to live over two weeks ago. He has been fighting colon cancer for quite some time now, but I am afraid his fight is almost over. When we arrived there, we were told Kimmie(sister in law) was at the hospital. Well, we immediately assumed he got much worse. Bye the way , he has chosen to stay at home to die. Anyway, it was not him. It was her son, my nephew! Fourteen, never had a drop of alcohol before, drank almost a full quart of vodka straight. This was somwheres between 7:30 in the morning when he left for school and 9 when he arrived. Thank goodness he got sick and vomitted several times, so they did not have to pump his stomach. He told his teacher who is so kind and loving, that he did not want to live when Bubby(stepfather) dies. That was his way of coping. It makes me cry every time I think of it. I love them all so much and it breaks my heart. I KNOW what alcohol can do! Please pray for Tyrone(nephew), Kimmie(sister in law) and Bubby her husband. My husband feels useless, wishes there was something he could do for his sister.
Hugs to all
Virginia

mauvaisroux 02-17-2005 01:38 PM

Oh virginia, that is just so sad :grouphug: Sending prayers for Bubby, Tyrone and Kimmie as well as to you and your DH.

solarmama 02-17-2005 02:03 PM

Oh Virginia, what a thing to live through - I'm sending you as much light as I can find. Tell your hubby he can just be there for his sister, he doesn't have to do anything. She will appreciate his support even if it is silent.

Bubby, may your passing be gentle and smooth, with the radience of the Powers shining on you.

Kimmie, Tyrone, may you feel your grief, come to acceptance and remember the love you have for Bubby. This is not the only life, and you will all meet again.

I'm vecklempt thinking about you all. Peace, Take care,
Solarmama

ellis 02-17-2005 03:08 PM

Oh, Virginia... my heart is breaking for them. :cry: Sending many prayers for Bubby, Tyrone and Kimmie... :grouphug:
Please keep us posted, sweetie.

dentrassi 02-17-2005 06:26 PM

That is so sad Virginia. Sending lots of good vibes for everyone. This is going to be a difficult time for everyone.

squeaker 02-17-2005 08:05 PM

I am so sorry Virginia! :( Lots of thoughts and vibes for you and your family. :grouphug:

Wanttolosealot 02-20-2005 11:08 AM

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to let you all know that at 5:30 this morning, Bubby took his last breath and left this world for the next. I spoke breifly to Kimmie(sister in law). She is doing okay right now, but I think after the funeral on Wednesday and when everything settles down, she will lose it. She has been so strong through all of this, looking after Bubby, Tyrone, keeping up the house, and when she actually has time for herself, she will lose it. She does have some great friends to help her through it, and of course we will do all we can, but we are1 1/2 hours away from her so we can not be there all the time.
It is sad, but I think I actually breathed a sigh of releif when they called and told us he had passed. His suffering is over . Anyway, I just wanted to say a sincere thank you for all of your kind words and warm and loving vibes you have sent my way. Hugs to you all!
Virginia

ellis 02-20-2005 11:17 AM

Virginia, thank you for letting us know. :cry: Continuing to send prayers for dear Kimmie and Tyrone. :grouphug:

mauvaisroux 02-21-2005 09:35 AM

Sorry to hear about Bubby's passing :grouphug: sending prayers to help Kimmee and Tyrone through this. And Virginia, although you are 1 1/2 hours away you are only a phone call away if she needs to talk to someone - don't let her forget that because sometimes just having someone to talk to can help.

squeaker 02-21-2005 10:04 AM

I am sorry Virgina. :( Continued thoughts for Kimmie & Tyrone (and you too). Mauvais is right - you are only a phone call away if Kimmie needs you.