Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 10:55 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Challenge chat week 4

Good morning everyone

We have now reached week 4 of our Get Fit for Christmas Challenge!

How is everyone doing so far?

Does anyone have any goals for the week?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #2  

I have not been doing well lately as I was sick all last week

This week I plan on keeping my WW journal each day, I have my meals planned out for the week and I am determined to make lunches at night so that I am not rushing around as much in the morning.

It has been very difficult to exercise with the apartment in an uproar so I have had to settle for a 90 minute dance classs once per week and daily walking.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:49 AM   #3  

The weekend was awfully difficult but I got through it somehow without blowing it. I survived a fondue dinner and moving-someone-into-a-new-apartment-payback pizza without going past my flex points for the week.

I am now feeling sick and really want to go home but I just got to work a couple of hours ago and whining seems so wrong so early in the day.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Girls, I hope you both feel better soon!

Goals? Goals. Yes, I've got to cut back on the fat.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  

Week four and I feel like I have not accomplished anything yet...I got to get more focused.

Doctor took a million tests and I still have to do the x-ray. Won't know nothing until next month. Thanks for your warm wishes it made the needle not hurt so much when the nurse (who I am sure is a vampire) took all my blood.

Had an okay weekend but nothing too great. Post more later....take care

Dale
Old 09-27-2004, 09:25 PM   #6  

Woohoo! I got weighed in at WW tonight and I lost another 1lb!
Going down slowly but surely!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #7  

Dale, I'm glad you're doing okay. Keep us posted, hon!

Mauvais, good going, girl!!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #8  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Floating along on a sodium sea...

Good going, all of you losers and maintainers!

I was up five pounds this morning, but at least it makes sense:

* haven't walked since last Thursday
* am premenstrual
* chowed while tucked away at my beach house this weekend. From Trader Joe's siu mai, to about 15 Nestle's "Treasures" that were in the fridge. And Jack in the Box on the ride up (thurs.) and on the ride home (sun).

And for dinner I chose (key point!) to have that yummy Italian dish whose name dare not be mentioned, but whose initials are FA. Those fat/salt PMS cravings are really in gear.

And if that's not enough, I'll throw the full moon in too. (It's beautiful here in Seattle tho. Hope the rest of you have a good view as well.)

I'll hop right in the saddle tomorrow am with a good walk. I must carry on. Losing momentum is familiar, and I had been doing so well. I want to be sure I don't let myself get derailed because of shame, etc.

Megan
Old 09-28-2004, 07:54 AM   #9  

Megan, that is such a cute photo of you.
How bizarre... we have a full moon here in Ottawa, too!

I'm back on track today, too! Let's go, girls!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #10  

some how "let's go girls" made me think of that Shania Twain song
Old 09-28-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Well I have been MIA again... Have not exactly been OP while MIA either but crap happens and it is time to kick myself in the ever widening butt and get it in gear. DH is a butthead but he tries really hard to keep me on track it is worse than a father trying to keep a kid in school sometimes. He means well but dang it he is 6'1 and weighs 160 -> he was overweight as child but has not been in over 20 years so he doesn't know what it is like to have a weight problems status post recovering from an ED.... and he really makes me mad sometimes. SO with that out on the table it is time to start over clean today.

I really am not a happy camper, I am sick of being on a never ending diet. I get tired of not being able to eat like everyone else, and I know I am not alone here. I am starting over on a clean slate here, I turned 34 last week and I want to be fit and lean by 35. I cleaned out the frig yesterday threw away all of the old food that was in there I straighten out the pantry and eyeballed the freezer all of which needed the pick me up. Eating during the hurricane put me on the roller coaster from HECK with my carb control- it is hard to eat low carb with out power, which kinda sent me in to a funk but now I am good to go. I am hitting the grocery store this afternoon and purchasing what I need to get back OP and then its all over but the shouting. I also plan to re-join the gym next week, it is the only way I will get any regular exercise because if I am paying for it I make myself go. So that is my game plan.....

Sad to have to be starting over again...

Well I will say it too "let's go girls"

Amy
Old 09-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #12  

Good day all....congrats on the loss mauv!!!!

I am definately coming down with a cold or the flu....I feel sooooooo bad. At work and hating it. I want my jammies and my couch. Another five hours to go.

Aside from being sick I am depressed because I thought I was taller and when I did my BMI last time it had finally shown that I was in the "normal" category and now that I am so much shorter I am back to "overweight" arggggghhh. Well that means I have new goals right, onward.

Hope you all are feeling good. Amyjo things will look up soon!!!! You have come so far.

Dale
Old 09-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #13  

Amyjo... it's okay, hon. We're all with you.
Good for you for cleaning out the fridge and pantry and getting organized! You can do this!!

Dale, are you shrinking?
Are you going to take tomorrow off? Stay home and look after yourself, sweetie.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:49 PM   #14  

The BMI thing kind of resonates becuase I am so looking forward to finally being "overweight" instead of "obese". Sometimes those labels really mean a lot emotionally. I know if I was shorter than I thought I would be in deep denial. It is kind of like getting a new scale and finding out that you actually weigh more than you thought you did. At the same time the ammount that you have lost is just as real and the ammount healthier that you are.

I am doing well leading up to weigh in tomorow. I do not know if any progress has been made weight wise, but I am finding it easier to stick with the program. Also, incidentally, my boyfriend said that he thinks he is losing weight becuase I am on a diet. It seems rather unfair that I do the work and he loses the weight, but I am very glad for him. Maybe it will help me if he gets excited about it. He has been nothing but supportive, but he still sometimes buys crap food, which si really hard to look at sitting in our kitchen without indulging.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:50 PM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Congrats to losers & maintainers!

Down 1 more pound - 186.5.
Closed Thread