Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Question Fall is here -A few of my favourite things

Are you like me and fall is your favorite season? Just wondering what everyone's favorite things about fall are and what kind of activities you do during this season.....
Old 09-02-2004, 02:21 AM   #2  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Height: 5'7"

Fall is my favorite though, interestingly, it's historically the season when I go into severe depressions.

It makes me think of clean slates, fresh starts, savory one-pot meals that cook on the stove all day and make the house smell wonderful. Drizzly days, good books, comfy sofa throws, and a renewed creative urge.

And it makes me grateful that my 911 job didn't come through and that I'll remain my own boss with a flexible schedule and clientele. Things happen for a reason, and that was never made more clear than when I was free to walk on the beach in the middle of the afternoon on Tuesday.

I am happy.
I am grateful.
(Thank you Prozac, Wellbutrin, and dear Dr. M)
Old 09-02-2004, 01:37 PM   #3  

Funny, I think of the fall as a fresh start too....that back to school mentallity must stay with us forereve

It was definitely a little brisk this morning - it made me want to break out my wrap, beret and leather gloves thought is just a little too early for that yet

Some of my favorite fall things:

-the leaves changing coulours
-the smell of burning firewood in the air
-crisp and sunny autumn mornings
-hot chocolate with marshmallows
-curling up on the couch with a book and a blanket
-making stews and spicy curries in my crockpot
-making home made soup in a giant pot on the stove
-snuggling under the covers for some extra sleep on a Sunday morning
Old 09-03-2004, 07:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanLongStrong
Fall is my favorite though, interestingly, it's historically the season when I go into severe depressions.
Isn't that bizarre. I'm the same. I LOVE autumn! I love the cool temperatures and the wind and the leaving falling and the geese flying. (I HATE winter, and wish fall wasn't indicative of "things to come")
But I've always been depressed at that time of year. Of course, I've also been depressed during the summer and winter...
Thank you Prozac (my last drug) and Celexa (my current)!!

I love curling up on my verandah with a book and some blankets and pillows. With just my nose and one cold hand sticking out to clutch my book.
And I love sleeping at night with the windows open in our bedroom. Ditto re: the blankets.
I love wearing big, bulky sweaters with jeans, and going for a walk in the wind.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #5  
Searching

I love fall. I have had my worst periods of acting out in the fall with my depressions. (Anyone remember what I did last September? ) It makes me want to change, renew, feel loved, alive, and comfy. I too have been longing for my cute sweaters and jeans. I love the briskness in the air, and it is the best time for walking. Campfires, going to the pumpkin patch, watching the trees and the landscape change, these are a few of my favorite things.
Chris
Old 09-03-2004, 04:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Fall is the best season!

Hubby and I are goin up north for 3 weeks pretty soon for a well deserved LONG vacation and see the colors early. We just got the last kid out of the house and off to college. Whew.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:22 PM   #7  

I love Fall! Although I really miss the spectrum of changing leaves in WV, I've really come to love the way the Rio Grande valley looks when all the cottonwoods turn yellow. I also love the smell of roasting chiles that permeates the air here in Fall. Stews, winter squashes and brisk walks really get me going. I'm also a big fan of colorful and patterned tights. And Halloween has always been my favorite holiday.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:30 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Miss Chris - I don't remember what you did last September, but you've piqued my interest!

I love fall. It's my favorite season and well... living in Cali I don't get to see much of it. The breeze gets a little cooler and today I noticed two brown palms on my palm tree That's my "leaves changing." Luckily, I do live close to the mountains (Julian is an olde timey apple town) and I can go see the leaves change at least once an autumn. But I'm with most of you - I hate winter.

Squash - especially butternut and banana
Halloween - Spooky!
Apple pickin' - Used to do it a lot back east but I finally found a farm out here.
School Girl Uniforms - sexy! Hee!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #9  

I thought I would revive this thread to say: Happy Fall! Today is the official first day of Fall. The weather here is fitting. The first snow of the season may have happened in Taos last night. It got down into the high 30's here in the lower lands. The cottonwoods are starting to show shades of gold. I love this time!
Old 09-22-2004, 03:04 PM   #10  

Happy fall! It is still warm where I am and I haven't noticed any leaves turning yet but I know we are in for some cool weather soon - yay! I can break out my leather jacket and kneehigh boots
Old 09-22-2004, 08:40 PM   #11  
Cat Lover

Smile

Happy Autumn!!!

There is something so cozy and relaxing about fall. I love taking a walk and not sweating hard, I love crunching in the leaves and smelling the air (it somehow smells cleaner). I like snuggling in bed with a book. And I hope fall allows me to get back to making the quilt that I haven't touched in months! It's so pretty too...I have to make time. The weather here is warmer than usual and only a few leaves have begun to change.

Sandi
Old 09-22-2004, 09:11 PM   #12  
Pending Email Confirmation

My favorite time of year is not just fall... it's that 3 weeks or so when you can feel each new season coming in. That's my favorite. And right now for me, I can feel fall creeping in with warm days but chilly breezes and very crisp but clear mornings.
My favorite thing about the fall change is the smell in the air. I live in Oregon and oregon has this smell to it.. this sort of campsite smell that I love. It's even better when fall starts.

also, I love Halloween and decorating and giving out kids. And I have a few old paganey things that I do. And Thanksgiving too, the planning and cooking is so much fun. This year I am having Thanksgiving with my family on Halloween because they are moving overseas before the holidays So we are doing a Thanksoween and I can't wait. I think we'll carve pumpkins. It'll be fun.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:16 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

That's beautiful, Lizzi.
I'm sorry your family will be moving...
Old 09-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks ellis. I'm sorry about my family too, but they need something good in their lives. I hope it works out for them. Especially since my hubby and I might join them in a year or two...

by the way.. I don't give out kids at Halloween. I give kids candy! All 5 that come to my door. Which works out cause we get to eat the rest of the candy.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:20 PM   #15  
Wanttolossalot

I too love the fall. Here in the maritimes the leaves are shedding there green and donning a beautiful coat of many colors. It is gorgoeus. The fresh brisk air makes me want to start walking again, and enjoy what Mother Nature is giving to us.
School is back in session, which is another reason I love fall. My days off, are MY days off. No MOM,I need this, or Mom, he hit me, etc,...at least until 3pm.
I read more this time of year as well, and I never realized how much I appreciate a good book. Not as many allerges to fight off either. Well hubby is waithing for the computer so I guess I will bid you all a good evening and chat tomorrow.
Virginia
Closed Thread