Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #76  
Pending Email Confirmation

I did. I'm very lucky. I'm also grateful that I get off work early today. And also that it's a lot slower than it has been in over a month today. I can't wait to get off work and go spend time with my family.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #77  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I'm grateful that my family is happy and healthy (or at least comparatively!!) My childhood friend is now dealing with her Mom's failed (it appears) brain surgery AND her son being caught dealing at school. I wish I could fix everything for her. I'm also grateful that i don't have breast cancer! Found a pea size lump, but they say it is a "skin lesion" and not to worry about it. WHEW!! First time EVER that I looked forward to a mammogram!!! (Hubby had to kiss it better afterwards, they REALLY flattened me!!)
Old 12-26-2004, 08:15 AM   #78  

Height: 5'-2"

Lizzi, I'm so glad things are going well. I know this isn't an easy Christmas for you.

Den, phew! So glad you're okay, sweetie!
And I'm sorry your friend is having a rough time.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #79  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Glad to hear that your mammogram turned out okay Den!
Old 12-27-2004, 12:48 AM   #80  

Thanks Ellis and Mauvais!! (Deja what?!?!?)
Old 12-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #81  

ellis - it wasn't easy. so i am grateful that it is over! and that my hubby realized that we will need to start hosting christmas from now on.

while we're being grateful, i am for my remaining family for making it as good of a christmas as they could. and for a new years with my hubby for the first time EVER. Can you believe it?! We've been together for 5 years and never spent a new years together. this will be our first. i'm excited.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:37 PM   #82  

YAY LIZZINESS!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful time together!!!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 09:36 PM   #83  
Gotta move my Thang!

Yahoo, Liziness - have a wonderful time! You really deserve to have some quality time to nurture yourselves after such a hard experience.

New Year's is always one of my favorites - the DH and I usually have a Me-n-Him day, where we spend the whole day at the local First Night celebration and see various musical acts, comedy, etc. And eat like kings/queens! Although this year I'll be on SBD Phase I, (No carbs for two weeks - I start tomorrow, eep!) so we'll be dining at the local all-organic, health food gourmet restaurant so I can have double steamed veggies with my fish or tofu instead of starches.

Den - it's worth a little flattening I think, to have that off your mind, whew! And hopefully DH made it all better.

Ciao!
Solar

Last edited by solarmama; 12-27-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:32 AM   #84  

solar - that sounds great. we have a few organic stores, but i have never seen any specifically organic healthy restaurants. What a great idea though. I hope that you have fun. SBD's first week is a toughie, but it's so worth it. I lost about 25 lbs on SBD (don't ask me how i'm doing now though *LOL*)
Old 12-28-2004, 10:12 PM   #85  

Solar-YUP!! Better than new!!!!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:58 AM   #86  

den - congratulations. I went through a scare a few months ago, and thankfully found nothing too. That week of waiting for the doctors appoitment almost killed me though!

I am grateful to myself, for once, for giving myself a me day today. If you look at my work records, most of my sick days re really hooky days, but sometimes you just have to stay home and say "today will be for ME"
Old 12-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #87  

Height: 5'-2"

Lizzi, good for you! Enjoy it!
I actually allow my kids two mental health days each throughout the school year. (As long as they don't take them on a "test day".) Everyone deserves them once in a while.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:01 PM   #88  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

can you tell my office that ellis
Old 12-29-2004, 06:01 PM   #89  

Lizzi-I lucked out. When I went for the mammogram they set an ultrasound up for the next day, so the wait wasn't bad. Sorry yours was because THAT is the worst.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #90  

den - yeah, it sucked waiting a week. But they didn't ven do a mamogram. decided with the ultrasound that they didn't need to do one. i still am a little weirded because there is something there, i can feel it, but you can't really argue with the "experts" right? *L* It seems like if I were older they would have taken it more seriously.

Anyway, I am happy for my grandfather today. He got married yesterday, and for the first time ever I have seen him happy. He took care of my grandmother at great expense to himself for more than 50 years, and as hard as it was when she disappeared, it was the best thing for him (sadly, probably for her too). So I am very happy for him to see him so happy.
Also, I am grateful for getting to know my extended family a little bit better. With my immediate family gone, it's good to get to know the others a little bit better.
Closed Thread