Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 10:57 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Alternachick chat May 2+

Evening all

New chat thread for May....

Boring day today...it was overcast, chilly and then pouring rain but it did force me to do some spring cleaning

Had a great weekend otherwise...went to a big belly dance show with my friend and saw some great performances, I won $50.00 in the fifty/fifty draw and my friend won a door prize and after the show the club played arabic dance music and everyone got up and shimmeed together on the dance floor! Then I walked over to another club to meet my DH and watch another friends band play.

Saturday we went to another friend's birthday dinner a lovely Italian restaurant.

I think I need another day off to rest before going back to work
Old 05-03-2004, 03:09 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Boring day here too...

It was over 90°F here today!! Summer is officially here for us Arizonaians. That means I have to water my yard more...even with drought resistant plants. Go figure.

I drove for the first time today since surgery. Felt weird to drive. I felt like I didn't belong on the road...like I was breaking some law or something cause I had eye surgery. I could see but I just felt guilty...Weird huh?? Just call me Nuts!!

Well, have a good week all! Sending rays your way.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:11 AM   #3  

Well it is definetely NOT summer here.... Woke up to overcast skies and a windchill of -1c! :P
Old 05-03-2004, 12:08 PM   #4  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I thought spring was here. but not . lol had to actually turn the heat on last night. and there is a chill in the air. grr i want warm weather!!
had a decent weekend. but school started back. and looks like i have a lot to do this month. hope my brain can handle it.
Mauvais : sounds like you had a really good time.
Noodles, I don't wanna hear about how warm it is. not fair
Old 05-03-2004, 08:12 PM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Well...just think of how nice it will be there in Canada and Ohio when we're dying down here in the 110° mark!! Course *I* won't whine...I like the heat. It's my husband who whines!! Gonna him up.

HEY Heather...how far are you from Des Moines?!!! I will be there end of July-Beginning of August, and it looks like we're taking a side trip to Dubeque. I'd be thrilled if we could meet somehow!! Hey do you know what the weather is like during that time??? I hope no tornados. Those scare the ..... outta me!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:28 PM   #6  

Noodles: you must be feeling better, your posts are making up for lost time...
Old 05-03-2004, 10:52 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

LOL...Yea...I am playing "catch-up" here and on the other forum I am part owner/administrate on!! Talk about a headache!! I did at least 100 posts over there in 2 days...Probably that here too!! I like it here though... It's all MEN over there. I am the only girl!! I do get good jokes from the guys though...I can only post the semi-clean ones here.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #8  

Morning Ladies. today we get a grand high of 50. whoohoo. at least it ain't snowing.
Angel: i am not sure, will have to check. i know i am right near the Indiana border. ( think Fort Wayne) but it would be nice.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #9  

Heather-Is that anywhere near Indiannapolis?
Old 05-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #10  

Hi, everyone. All quiet on the western front out here in Portland, Oregon. The DH is on the DL, for at least 2 weeks, and he's already getting bored staying in bed. But at least the bleeding has completely stopped. He's got his laptop and piano keyboard on the bed, but he misses his other music gear and his work. He's not supposed to walk, but I've been letting him come downstairs for breakfast and dinner, otherwise he gets stir crazy. The stitches should come out on Thursday, then we'll see if there is any infection. That's the one thing I'm worried about now.

That was really traumatic over the weekend, but I've calmed down now. I lost 2 pounds overnight just with the stress. I definitely don't recommend that method of weight loss!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:35 PM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Sending Smilies Your Way, Seek! Hope your hubby heals fast and healthy.

I sure miss it up there...I miss the resturants!! We use to go eat at Yen Ha on Sandy Blvd. at least 2x a month. Best Pho I ever had!! Hubby misses working downtown, then I have to remind him of the 1½ hour lite rail commute and he goes, "Well that I DON'T miss!" hehehe...I might be making a trip up there in September for my Birthday, but not sure yet. I have a free ticket & got the Portland bug but I might be sick of traveling after all of these tournaments. I'l need a vacation from the vacations. <G>
Old 05-05-2004, 08:45 AM   #12  

the thread ate my post. grr
seek, yesterday i posted but the gist was i hope hubby heals fast and doesn't drive you batty.
Mauvais : i think it is like 60 miles from indy to fort wayne, i know we are about 30 min from fort wayne
Old 05-05-2004, 08:55 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Seek, I hope your DH heals soon.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:28 PM   #14  

Thanks, everybody. And you're all invited up here-- Portland is great! You do have to look out for the restaurants, as Noodles says-- they are fabulous, real diet killers!

Wouldn't it be great to have an annual 3FC convention in a different city each year?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:28 PM   #15  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekInnerThinChick
Wouldn't it be great to have an annual 3FC convention in a different city each year?

YES!!

Let's arrange one!!! I'm Game!!! Come on Seek, me and you can get the ball rolling!! And ladies, you can get that "big deal" package right now for Portland!!! Course we dont have to go to Portland but...it's SOoooo pretty there!! I just can't go in the wintertime.

Any ideas???
Closed Thread