Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 03:24 AM   #1  
Rattie Lover

Wink T.V. Shows Talk!!

Anyone here addicted to any particular TV show?? Like...you HAVE to be home at that time to watch it...if you aren't you scramble to find a TV to watch it...you plan your activities around it...you tell everyone else in teh house to SHUT UP! MY show is on!!...etc... I want to know if I am alone in this or not.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:56 AM   #2  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Noodles, oh yes. I was severly addicted to friends from season 1, then because this is the last season i seem to be missing them. mad that they are ending it i guess. every monday night we have family night and watch fear factor. I must admit to a slight soap addiction. I watch passions, and days of our lives. the bane of the sahm i guess.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #3  

Six Feet Under! Except that it is off more than it is on. I have never missed an episode since it began and I am on the HBO email list so that I can be notified when it comes back on.

I haven't been hooked on anything like this since Twin Peaks and St. Elsewhere.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I like home decorating shows and anything that involves forensic detective work/cold case investigations and British crime/mystery shows -if anything like that is on it is hard to tear myself away

The only t.v shows I really go out of my way to watch are Angel and C.S.I., Six Feet Under and OZ-if I can't be home to watch them then I tape them...anything else I can live without
Old 04-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #5  

mauvais i love csi, it just comes on to late for me i usually end up missing it. i thought six feet under was hilarious. but alas i chose dsl for the puter over cable for the boob tube so i miss out on most shows.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

The shows we are addicted to are mostly ones we rent on DVD - Sopranos, OZ, Six feet, oh and we love Dead like me though it's not on DVD yet. The only ones I can't live without on regular cable are ER and Friends.

Although, honestly the last time I was crazed over a show was my "Dawson's Creek" (stop laughing at me, you're all laughing at me, i just know it!! *LOL*) Though the way they ended it made me mad and I only watch old reruns from the first couple of seasons. I'm a sad sad girl. *L*
Old 04-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #7  

Dawson's Creek....... that's okay I am a closet fan of Gilmour Girls...or as DH calls it "the talky girl show"
Old 04-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #8  

In my defence, I was like 15 when that show started. So I got sucked in at an early age. It wasn't like I was 23 and just started watching one day. So there!!

I'm also addicted to Jeopardy. My dad and I call each other every night to see who got more answers right. He almost always wins, but it's still fun.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #9  
a brave new me...

Arrow Hmmmm...

Survivor is probably the only must-see show for me... like I will stay home to watch it every Thursday. I must say I enjoy some of the reality tv... I taped and watched every episode of America's Next Top Model and The Apprentice. We usually watch Fear Factor too. Besides that we always watch the crime dramas like both the CSIs and all of the Law and Orders and Without a Trace and whatever other dramas are on during that time slot. I'm a late night tv watcher so I usually catch Seinfeld and Simpsons reruns and watch Conan O'Brian. I will always watch Star Trek reruns and used to watch Buffy.

Other than that, there aren't any sitcoms that I watch regularly... there are very few that are actually funny. The Sunday night shows on Fox are good... like Simpsons, King of the Hill, Malcolm in the Middle, and that new one by Ron Howard is funny and quirky (can't think of the name right now). Now that spring and summer are rolling around, the tv basically gets shut off as I spend most of my time outdoors.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:10 PM   #10  

I like the Simpsons and Family Guy

For the most part I don't find sitcoms very appealing-most of them are not that funny and I don't like stuff like the OC etc. Never was a fan of that type of programming. I prefer Sci-fi and spooky/wierd stuff like Twin Peaks, American Gothic, Buffy, Angel...etc. I have watched that new show with Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy) a few times and it's not bad.

I can't stand most of those reality shows but Survivor is fascinating...and interesting study in human behaviour ....

The worst one was Nick and Jessica-Newlyweds or whatever it is called...DH was watching it one afternoon and I got so irritated by the two of them I had to leave the room And now they have their own variety hour....Sonny & Cher they ain't -
Old 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #11  

i forgot one. we are sadly addicted to the old BBC show "All Creatures Great and Small" we're actually on the last episode that is available on DVD so we are pretty sad. Hopefully they will be releasing more soon.

Which reminds me, for any of you old fans of Mellinium it will soon be released on DVD - or so the rumour goes.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:40 PM   #12  
Rachel

Wink

Ok... current TV shows that I can't miss? Honestly, none at all.

My favorite TV show of all time, however, would have to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season six comes out on DVD soon!
Old 04-03-2004, 09:39 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
Dawson's Creek....... that's okay I am a closet fan of Gilmour Girls...or as DH calls it "the talky girl show"
Hey now! I too went thru a Dawson's Creek stage, and i was in my 20's <gasp> Gilmore Girl's always makes me smile when i catch it. i love thier banter.
I have spent whole days watching home improvment shows, even so far as to watch the "what not to wear"
Old 04-03-2004, 04:11 PM   #14  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Gilmor Girls is one of the shows I tape because I am not home on
Tuesday nights. I just love it.

I watch all things Law & Order. I am also a huge fan of Cold Case Files & American Justice on A&E. And Crossing Jordan.

I have recently gotten into Judging Amy.

My guilty pleasure - Charmed.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:23 PM   #15  

I live in fear that the "What Not to Wear" girls are going to descend on me with cameras blazing, on one of my bad days, when I haven't shaved, washed, combed, brushed my teeth, etc. but do have colorful food splotches on my shirt. *Sigh* there are days when I can give Homer Simpson a run for Slob of the Year.
Closed Thread