Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #16  
fairy princess

I'm a cartoons gal. But I like the "Adult Swim" cartoons from Cartoon Network best-- especially "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "Sealab 2021" and "Space Ghost Coast to Coast."

I'm also getting into "mXc" on Spike TV. It's this hysterical Japanese show about people playing these weird kinds of games and they fall off of stuff into water and it's so funny.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:00 AM   #17  
Rattie Lover

I don't watch alot of TV. I am usually on the computer!! But..I can't go without watching Thrusday night T.V. I am a Survivor addict. Have been since Day 1, episode 1. Same with CSI, although I have missed most of this season... Also enjoyed Amazing Race, but I don't know if that is returning for another season. I like Friends, but I wait until re-run season so this way I have something to watch over the summertime. I also like to watch anything related to REAL medical...not the E/R stuff on NBC, but the real E/R stuff like Trauma: Life in the E/R...The Operation...Birth Day...Critical Hour...stuff like that. Also thoroughly enjoy those new re-decorating/organizing shows.
My old-time favorite TV Shows were: Little House On The Prairie & Growing Pains. Old time favorite cartoons were Felix The Cat & Pink Panther. Other honorable mentions are: 90210, Full House, Melrose Place, COPS, Americas Most Wanted, A & E Documentaries/Inside Report, MTV's Cribs, and those two new ones with Carmen & Dave and Jessica and Nick. It's nice to see celebs as normal people...burping...cussing, etc.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:33 AM   #18  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles913
ones with Carmen & Dave and Jessica and Nick. It's nice to see celebs as normal people...burping...cussing, etc.
except they get paid to burp and cuss. i just burp and cuss because i am a fr%*&($% hog.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #19  
Searching

I have had no interest in TV since Star Trek: DS9 went off the air, and now I watch those on DVD I want to know how you ladies find time to watch TV? I know you Noodles are a run around alll the time person like me. I can tell you my husband leaves it on A&E all the time so I have seen more parts and pieces of shows about people murdering each other than I ever cared for. He also like History channel and Court TV Network (more people killing each other :P ) Maybe I need to start to watch him closer

Miss Chris :flow:
Old 04-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

We haven't watched TV for about 13 years. But I "accidentally" flicked it on once a couple of years ago, and there was a double session of Law and Order on. I was FASCINATED! I can see how people get addicted to TV.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:36 PM   #21  

Rochemist--

I imagine that we are in agreement that, despite the fact that Scott Bakula was wonderful in Quantum Leap, Archer is just not up there with the rest of the starship captains! What a disappointingly written show.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:14 PM   #22  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Six Feet Under! Ohhhh how addicting!

I have to agree with SoCalady about Scott Bakula. Yuck! Now, Patrick Stewart.... sigh!

There's also Myth Busters on Discovery and something called Cinema Secrets that tells the secrets of filmmaking.

Good Eats is my last guilty pleasure. Alton Brown is hot and the show is great.

Miss Chris - I tivo everything! Shows are much shorter when you can fast forward through commericals. And when you have five minutes, you can watch part of a show and come back to it. I love it.

Navi - Space Ghost rules! I love Brak. And Futurama.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #23  

Goddess Jessica--

Oh, yeah, forgot about Alton Brown! My #1 favorite on Food network.

Guess what-- Six Feet Under is finally returning on June 13. And, I will be out of town! I hope I can get someone to Tivo or tape it for me. I need to look into Tivo-- everyone I know who has it says it is fabulous.

Yeah, Patrick Stewart was a class act, but so was Kate Mulgrew!
Old 04-07-2004, 01:29 PM   #24  
Pending Email Confirmation

Wow, I didn't realize how much of a TV junkie I was until listening to all of you. Because I watch most of the shows you mentioned.
Plus I forgot some... like the Sheild. And MxC. oh and Oblivious. I'm starting to realize that I spend waaaay too much time with the TV.
Then there's my husband who loooooves his cartoons. Especially Adult Swim. I am partial to Brak and the Ripping Friends.
and then and then and then... *L*
Why don't I think I have time for exercise??
Old 04-07-2004, 05:00 PM   #25  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
There's also Myth Busters on Discovery...

I liked it when they did the one on Coca Cola...Cleaned that brown stuff off that penny! hahahaha
Old 04-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #26  

I saw that episode. It was amusing. And it cleaned a bumper too and blood off the sidewalk? Eeew. And we put that crap into our bodies.

reminds me of that one episode of Futurama, you know the one that is a spin off of willy wonka, where he tours his favorite pop factory only to find out what the pop is REALLY made of....

yeah, too much tv for Lizzie.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:47 PM   #27  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Wink

Oh that's funny -- I saw that one too! That show is great. I'm a die-hard fan of, in no particular order, Survivor, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, The L-Word, Soprano's, Six Feet Under, Queer as Folk, Law and Order SVU, Queer as Folk, The Apprentice, West Wing, and Will and Grace.

I could say that I'm appalled at the amount of TV I enjoy, but I won't....I'm not nearly that disingenuous! I love what I love.......so maybe I'll just call just categorize it as "current cultural anthropological research," and leave it at that. Yeah, that sounds a lot better than couch potato!
Old 04-08-2004, 08:12 PM   #28  

I like that Sarah!

Pop Culture studies would work too
That's it, it's just a research project. I'm too busy to exercise due to my research project, which I work so very very hard on.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:45 AM   #29  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness
I like that Sarah!

Pop Culture studies would work too
That's it, it's just a research project. I'm too busy to exercise due to my research project, which I work so very very hard on.
Yeah, that works for me...I'll think I'll use that!
Old 04-09-2004, 12:21 PM   #30  
I climb mountains!

Woopsie, I just realized that I made no mention of Trading Spaces and House Hunters! Love them, too. And of course 60 Minutes, I grew up with that show, and still love it. Love Morely Shaeffer (sp?) and Ed Bradley....Leslie Stahl's no slouch either!
Closed Thread