Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:46 PM   #16  
fairy princess

Ceara- In some cases birth control pills can make PMS symptoms worse. There are several different types out there, though. If the mood swings don't get any better you might want to consider asking your doctor for a new type. Perhaps one with more progesterone/less estrogen would work better for you.

DH-to-be is fine with hiding his treats... more for him! But we still haven't come up with a good solution to hiding the cheese. If there is cheese in the house, I will eat it. And I need to not eat it, since the saturated fat and hormone content of the cheese is horrible for the evil uterus.

...and you'd think that getting tummy aches from eating a lot of dairy in one sitting would be enough to convince me not to. oi.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:05 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Actually, I LOVE my uterus. So much so, in fact, that I am ready to give it its freedom.
FLY LITTLE UTERUS, FLY!!!!! GT THE !@#$ OUT OF HERE!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:44 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Old 02-26-2004, 12:41 PM   #19  
Waisting away

Too funny Dentrasi!

Although my hub got a vasectomy, turns out I am still on the pill anyway to control my moods. I also take anti-depressants but when I stopped taking my pill it was noticeable.

At times, it's really not easy being a woman, that's for sure.

(On the other hand - I get to wear make-up. )
Old 02-26-2004, 02:28 PM   #20  
Ilene the Bean

Dentrassi : Soooooo true!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:06 PM   #21  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Den : best laugh i had all day. fly away little uterus fly. lol
Old 02-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #22  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I wish my hubby would get a vasectomy. He blanches at the THOUGHT of it!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:28 PM   #23  
Pending Email Confirmation

I got to bounce up and down on the "which pill is right for you" roller coaster and finally i just gave up. I turned into super-beast when i was on them. And I couldn't handle it. In the few years I was off the pill though, I was in so much pain I'd miss work once a month and would be vomiting, crying, and unable to move... I went in for an ultrasound (horrible thing if you have a small bladder) and they found no signs of anything, my doc gave me a new pill that has lower pms side effects called Yasmin and it actually worked! I am no longer in pain or bleeding thru my clothes (sorry to be so graphic *L*) and I can actually walk upright and go to work and I am not a psycho either. I am so pleased.
Of course this doesn't fix the real problem, but they couldn't find any problems and the only other option is exploratory surgery and who wants that if they don't have to.
glad we don't want kids. If I could get a hysterectemy at 24 I would.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #24  
fairy princess

Dude! That would be awesome! We should remove our uteruses and inflate them with helium and tie strings to them and set them freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

mleh. I only have two more days to eat all the food I'm going to not be able to eat when I "start" on Sunday. But I can say goodbye to cheese if it means I don't turn into a monster or sob for 45 minutes for no reason or not get off my couch because I'm too scared to go out into public.

But I'm going to miss the cheese and the salt and the sugar. Le sigh...
Old 02-28-2004, 03:50 AM   #25  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentrassi
Actually, I LOVE my uterus. So much so, in fact, that I am ready to give it its freedom.
FLY LITTLE UTERUS, FLY!!!!! GT THE !@#$ OUT OF HERE!!!!

I actually did this. Mine flew away right out of the canal and down to the pathologists lab!! THANK GOD!!! NO regrets what-so-ever. I felt like a new woman!! I felt like a giant weight was lifted off of me the day I packed up all of the different sizes of Maxi-Pads, tampons, & other "girly sanitary" stuff I had and handed it to my aunt. She's low income and so it made her day too..supplies for a year for free!! Seriously though, I was in bad shape...I was at the point where my periods would last 5-6 weeks, and I would literally soak an overnight pad AND tampon within 1-2 hours for the first 1-2 weeks. I was losing so much blood I was anemic, sick, etc. The uterus HAD to go!! <inserts boot kicking smiley here>. OUT!! OUT!! The door is closed!! Stitched up. Forever.
Old 02-28-2004, 08:11 AM   #26  

Noodles, that sounds so familiar., i have been to the doctor, but she thinks that i am exxagerating when i say excess bleeding. mine all started 3 years ago when i had my tubes tied. ( wish my uterus woulda flyed)it gets so bad between the bleeding and cramps sometimes i can't even leave the bed much less the house.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #27  
Rattie Lover

Dang... sounds like your doctor needs to get slapped. Come see my doctor. He actually listens!! And if its a hysterectomy that you want, a hysterectomy is what you get. But he does make you think about it for 2 months beforehand...after you sign on the dotted line "Yes, this is what I want!!" I signed as fast as I could.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #28  

i begged when they tied my tubes. in my way of thinking since i knew i was done having kids, why just tie, go ahead and remove the whole kit and kaboodle. but no. so now here i am. actually in the hospital room. the doctor kept trying to ask my hubby if he wanted me to tie my tubes, exscuse me, my body thank you very much. I am in the process of looking for a new doc though.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:52 AM   #29  

Default Have for Trade

one defective uterus, with cycles occuring naturally only once or twice a year, for one functioning uterus, capable of producing children.

if only it were that easy, huh? my best friend swears that if she could, she'd just give me hers, as she's done with it.

started a Yasmin course. between that, and the Provera they used to force a cycle, i've been eating my weight in chocolate, cheese, and *gasp* real butter for the last three weeks. and that's a LOT of chocolate, cheese, and butter.....

had my ultrasound, and they found a "large mass" on my right ovary. the chances that it's cancerous and that it'll just go away on the Yasmin are about eaqual (10%) so i have to go back for another ultrasound on the 11th, and if it's not any smaller, i'm off to surgery.

DBF doesn't care if we have kids or not, so he's very zen about the whole thing. maybe he's just trying very hard to keep me from going totally over the deep end....

Old 02-29-2004, 03:32 PM   #30  
Rattie Lover

I was on Yasmin for a month. That was it!! Blah!! It made my boobs hurt soo bad I thought I was full with milk again. I couldn't even get a decient nights sleep.

You'll be ok if you have surgery... I had my ovaries worked on and I am so glad I did!! hang in there...
Closed Thread