Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:02 PM   #46  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - I know it is in the other thread - but it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I am so glad. You deserve it!!!

Random question for you all - Have any of you ever owned a hermit crab? I am looking at getting a couple, and just wondering if it was a good idea...
Old 02-16-2004, 09:07 PM   #47  

Height: 5'-2"

Are you looking for recipe suggestions, Squeak?
Old 02-16-2004, 09:14 PM   #48  
Cute & Fluffy

Not exactly. Just want a few for pets. But if they become really boring pets.....
Old 02-16-2004, 09:29 PM   #49  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am kind of bummed out tonight - I tried so hard to stay OP on the weekend, journal etc. and I gained 1.5 and I just lost two last week. I am just really frustrated at the whole thing! I am so close to my goal but can't seem to get over this hump. It always seems to be two steps forward and 1 step back or in this case 1.5 lbs back.

I have drowned my sorrows in a piece of apple pie, followed by a nice warm bath and some yummy smelling lotion. I am going to bed soon and hope that I will be over my disappointment and frustration in the morning.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 PM   #50  

Oh, Mauvais... hugs, sweetie... I know you're frustrated, but I also know how beautiful you look. (it was those homefries. You really wolfed them back. You should have eaten that dirty piece of lettuce instead.) Don't give up, hon. You can do this. xoxo

Squeak, I think they'd be the perfect pet. You wouldn't even know when they were dead.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #51  

Thanks ellis. Oh, yeah that dirty lettuce would have done the trick
I think I have been a bit down since this morning. I just did not want to be at work today and it took me all my strength to go to ww tonight when all I felt like doing was going home and hiding under the covers.

I am going to bed now - maybe some sleep will help.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:12 AM   #52  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
I have drowned my sorrows in a piece of apple pie, followed by a nice warm bath and some yummy smelling lotion. I am going to bed soon and hope that I will be over my disappointment and frustration in the morning.
sounds like a perfect sorrows be gone spell, hope you are feeling better.

Ellis : glad your birthday was wonderful!!!

Squeak : i have this recipe for black bean and crab, lol

have a day full of errands again, will it never stop??

but on the plus side, i feel positibely divinely skinny after 3 days of soup/ tea.. too bad i had to feel bad to drop those pounds. some diet. "don't eat, sleep/sweat. lose weight" lol
have a good day ladies!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:22 AM   #53  
Rattie Lover

It must be going around Mauv. It's taken all I have to even get out of bed lately. I gotta snap out of this slump. I haven't been able to exercise since I was sick and now this other crap is just dragging me down. Pftooey!!!

Blue: I did that soup/liquids diet...I am sick of soup for now. hahaha!

Squeak: Pets!! Well... you know what *I* would recommend but...

Rest Of Ya: Hi!
Old 02-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #54  
Cute & Fluffy

Mauvais - I hope you are having a much better day today! I am sure any weight gain was just water weight.

Noodles - I looked at your, uh, pets, when I was at the store yesterday. I must say that I really didn't find them all that endearing. I know hermit carbs aren't exactly better. But I don't want fish, and can't have a cat, dog, etc. in my apartment.

Heather - Hope you are feeling better too! No more all liquid diet.

Ellis - Very funny. Hopefully they will be a bit lively. How are the new meds doing? or is it still too early to tell?
Old 02-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #55  

I felt the same this morning + stress at work but I felt a bit better this afternoon - and seeing my friend and going to bellydance worked wonders.

Also my boss won't be in tomorrow so I will be able to do some catch up work like filing, bill paying and doing client accounts
Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 PM   #56  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaker

Noodles - I looked at your, uh, pets, when I was at the store yesterday. I must say that I really didn't find them all that endearing. I know hermit carbs aren't exactly better. But I don't want fish, and can't have a cat, dog, etc. in my apartment.

Ahh...but my dear...there is a difference between wild ones, pet store feeder ones, and hand raised babies. I wont get any more from a pet store ever again. I feel sorry for them but, they are raised as feeders and they don't have the same human contact as the ones raised for pets. Plus they get sick alot because of the feeder breeders not giving a crap about health and living/food/etc conditions. Ok I will shut up now!

Good luck on your pet quest!! Crabs are fun to watch!! But if they climb out of their tank, look out! My mother-in-law had some and they crawled out and the dog had a feast!!

Old 02-18-2004, 06:50 AM   #57  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Squeak, just a thought on your pet quest. I had a leopard ghecko years ago and he was the sweetest, cutest lizard i have ever seen. pretty easy to take care off. just a thought. with the no cat/dog.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:00 AM   #58  
Cute & Fluffy

Thanks Heather. I was looking at a few of the small lizards too.

Um, I think I will make sure I get a lid to the tank Noodles!

Hope you have a good day Mauvais!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:19 AM   #59  
Rattie Lover

There was a lid on the tank. They popped it off!! Well the corner. Course it was a flimsy lid but...they were smart crabs I guess. Hubby loves to tell this story too... "Ya and we looked all over for those crabs, trying to figure out HOW they got out of the tank and where did they go??...then we see the dog in the kitchen..and crab parts/shells all over. We REALLY wondered how the dog got into the tank!! Then we saw where they had just barely raised the lid. Amazing." hahahahaha!!! They were smart but not that smart..couldn't outsmart the dog.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:20 AM   #60  

Mauvais, enjoy your day without the pr**k!!

Squeak, thanks... I'm still not sure if they've kicked in. I think not.
I like your choice for a pet. The ghecko would be cute, too...
Closed Thread