Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 02:54 PM   #61  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah, Heather, time to go! I think you are only suppose to keep makeup for 3 months to a year depending on what it is.

I never wear eyeshadow and yet I manageg to throw away 4 of them - some that were 4 -5 years old. I did keep a freebie one that I got recently in a gift with purchase because it had 4 shades that I might actually wear

I also got rid of some glitter makeup that I think is a little passè now.

I still have to go through my multitude of lotions but will probably keep most of them since I am a freak about moisturizing my skin and will eventually go through them all - I just have to store them in a more organized fashion
Old 03-18-2004, 07:44 AM   #62  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Mauvais the funny thing is i collect dark shades that i do not even wear. ( but on my to do list today is purge makeup)
clean sweeped myself , long bubble bath, mud mask, nails, even shaved. gasp no more hairy hippy legs.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:46 AM   #63  

clean sweeped yourself! Bet you felt great afterward though!

I had a box full of free samples from Yves rocher, things that were given to me as gifts and store "gifts with purchase" that were usually the wrong shades, scents, type of product for me - I was hanging on to them thinking I would use them when I travel but I realised that I don't want to use anything but the products I like and that work for me so I tossed everything and got some travel containers to pack my stuff with.

It is a small joy to open my makeup box in the morning and not have to fish through everything to find the item I want
Old 03-19-2004, 04:44 AM   #64  
Rattie Lover

Well, today I finally got the living room finished!! I manged to weed out a full photo album and went through all of the other photo albums and pulled out the pics of ex-friends, abusive family members, and other toxic people I no longer associate with and pitched them right into the trash bag!! What a feeling!!
I also managed to weed out some books and more CDS and videos. Kept all of the DVDs though. Tomorrow after I vacuum the floor, I'll take some pics and soon post them and show ya the befores and afters.
Next on the list, YARD SALE preparation!! Which means more sorting and pitching. Feels good to get rid of this stuff...even feels better when you have cash in return.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #65  
For my HEALTH...

Wink Cleaning & Organizing for TAXES

I guess this comes under the heading of Cleaning & Organizing

I have been putting off finishing my TAXES

MAINLY because I had to search for various papers required to finish the job.

I finally took the time to go thru and organize (and locate) some of the papers I needed and I completed my TAXES. -- Pookie
Old 03-23-2004, 09:33 AM   #66  

finally got all my little hardware store list bought and finished. hubby even cleansweeped his side of the closet. <loud gasp here, lol> threw away old makeup. purged kid's toys. i think today is just gonna be a sit in jammies all day.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #67  
Rattie Lover

I FINALLY got the living room finished and took pics!! Here's a link to the pics...I got the attic done too but haven't had a chance to climb back up there yet and take pics of all the stuff in order up there. When I do I will post those too.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...621#post545621
Old 03-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #68  

ended up yesterday, cleaning hall closet, bathroom, and linen closets. past couple of days have just been busy days. nervous energy can't sit still. so my house is pretty organized right now.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:40 AM   #69  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
nervous energy can't sit still. so my house is pretty organized right now.

You too huh?? It must be something in the air...I have been having the same problem lately. Not that it's a totally bad thing..I have been getting things clean and spiffy. But I can do without the nervous pit in my gut. My life has been a whirlwind lately and the tornado needs to blow out for a bit. Now that we're at it...I think I'll go organize my Yard Sale stuff for this weekends sale...Only problem with that is I always find something I decide I want to keep after all. hahahaha!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:30 PM   #70  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yard Sale. That's what we need to do. Badly.

Oh and I'm so proud of my husband, he got rid of a bunch of clothes he doesn't wear this last weekend. And he's been working really hard to keep the computer room clean too. See, it's contagious! You start it up and they see it and they want to keep up with you. In their own way anyway.
As soon as I stopped expecting him to clean on his days off like I do, or make dinner, etc I stopped being upset when he didn't do it. Amazing how that works. *L* A list of "requests" sometimes will help too. As long as it's written out not to look like demands. *LOL*

The art of marriage appears to be subtle manipulation. hehehe.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #71  

Oh, yes, and you have to make it appear as if it was all their idea in the first place...heh, heh, heh....
Old 03-24-2004, 02:15 PM   #72  

yeah i have a dry erase board in the kitchen that i just keep "notes" but if i leave it be it gets doen. i swear if i nag my honey does less. lol
Old 03-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #73  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yes. Mine too. If I just plant the idea into his head, he will do it. But if I come right out and ask him he becomes pissy. hehehe.
And if all else fails whining seems to work. Though, I don't know for how long... because I know if someone whined at me a lot I would be forced to do them bodily harm. But he hasn't killed me yet... *LOL*
Old 03-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #74  

I'm feeling so proud of myself because i got rid of three shoe boxes full of papers that had made the move with me through two houses, two apartments and a townhouse (over 7 years)! I had reciepts for repairs on two cars I don't own any and leases from three out of the five rentals. Not to mention the pamphlets for places I had been to and didn't enjoy and take out menus from restaraunts I live thousands of miles from now. WooHoo! When I get my next paycheck I'm buying an organizer for the tools we have. I couldn't find a hammer this weekend, and I know we have at least two, so I ended up pounding a nail into the wall with one of my heels!
Old 03-25-2004, 07:12 AM   #75  
Rattie Lover

Allright Hannah!!! It's a good feeling to weed out that stuff isnt it?!
I hadn't filed ANY papers for over a year and I made that 1 of my new years resolutions...clean it all out, get it filed, and get it organized. And I did... I couldn't believe some of the crap I had saved. Old manuals and info books from products I got rid of 5+ years ago...stuff like that. All gone now!

Yippee!! Keep up the good work everyone!! De-cluttering your areas is good Feng Shui!!
Closed Thread