Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:21 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Angry Monthly progress report

Ahem...it appears I forgot to start this thread this morning...

So how has everyone done in the month of January?

Did you lose anything? Have you increased your exercise and water intake?
Did you acheive any small goals that you had?
What will you change or do in February to acheive your June goal?

Only 5 MONTHS until summer!!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #2  

Well so far I have not lost a thing - I keep trying to lose the same 2 lbs but it keeps finding me again

The good news is I have been bellydancing twice per week whereas I was previously dancing only once per week. I have also been taking the stairs at work (down 14 flights and up 4 flights) at least once per day and a couple of my skirts are starting to feel a little loose around the hip and waist area.

I have also been drinking more water on a daily basis

My goals for February are to commit to using my WW point tracker each day, exercise 4 times per week for 1 hour each day, to plan all my meals ahead for the week and to make my lunch each night before going to bed. Oh, and to eat OP on the weekends - my biggest downfall

I would like to lose at least 5 lbs by the end of February.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I must confess I'm out of ONEderland but refuse to change my signature stats because I am going to lose 5 pounds in February!

There was no loss but a lot of yo-yoing in January, mainly due to rehearsals and stress-related stuff which translated into ju-jubes. No more of that as the Christmas ones in the market here are stale and the Valentines ones don't tempt me. No black!

If the weather improves this month, I will get back to walking down for the mail or paper every day. If not, I'll dig out the damned WATP tapes. I have to get in shape for gardening and greenhouse work.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

I've gained seven pounds.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

I lost .5 pounds. I knew that 5 pound weight loss in the first 1.5 weeks was too good to be true! I never lose that fast! Of course, 4.5 of it came right back. How frustrating. I ate on plan all month and had nothing really to show for it. I didn't exercise, so that is what went wrong. Too dang cold in the basement, and the kickboxing tapes were just too much for me. I'm going to do TaeBo Junior with Cody and then move up to the big girl tapes!

5 pounds in February, for sure! I will increase water and exercise!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:37 PM   #6  

I have a five-pounds-in-February goal, too.

I also want to exercise more. I've rebounded from total slugness this month, but I'm still not working out the way I should be.

I was wearing a pair of jeans today which I bought when I weighed only a couple pounds less than I do now. After I bought them I thought they were a bit too loose. Today they are quite snug.
Turns out that when people say muscle tone is as important as fat loss, they're not just saying that.

So yeah... I'm working out and sticking with the cookie reduction plan in February.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:12 AM   #7  

January was the start of everything weight/health-related for me. And I lost 7 lbs!
I started exercising and eating better. My goal for February is just to keep it up, and not to let the initial weight loss make me want to slack off. Oh, and to drink more water!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Monika? I gained your 7 pounds.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #9  
Imagine...

I'm exactly the same as when I started...yanno maybe I really SHOULD exercise
Old 02-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #10  
a brave new me...

Angry On a roll...

So far I've lost 7 1/2 pounds since January 1... which puts me at a total loss of 20 pounds. Unfortunately this is weight that I am RE-LOSING, which is so irritating. It doesn't even feel that rewarding to lose it, but I'm sure glad its coming off. Anyway, I have been going to the gym; six times last month. This month my goal is to go to the gym at least twice a week and to get my 5k walk/run time under 45 minutes. I also want to lose at least one pound a month. AND I am finally recording my food and exercise and measurements in my health journal.

You chicks are just so inspirational!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

4 pounds gone...two off each boob!
Old 02-06-2004, 07:14 AM   #12  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Merry :
i drank my water, ate mostly healthy, had a few bad days. but at new years i was 202 well dr vist last week of dec. down to 185. checked again this morning scale whore that i am..
started in a tight 38 down to a loose 36. and a size 16 that used to be my fav jeans can now be pulled up/down without even undoing..
but.. always a but in feb. instead of focusing so much on the food ate/ pounds lost i want to explore my super lazy tendancies and start moving more.!
Old 02-06-2004, 03:53 PM   #13  
Rattie Lover

So Far...So Good. Until I got sick!! I haven't been able to exercise for a week but I havent been eating a lot so my weight has stayed about the same. Soon as this cold/flu is gone, I will get back out there and play some more tennis, ride my bike, kickbox, etc. Just going to start slow again and build up to where I was. Fooey!!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #14  

I have been reviewing my initial goals over the weekend as follows:

What you will do to reach that goal:
plan weekly menus, exercise 3 X week - I have already signed up for 2 dance classes per week
- keep junk food out of my house,
-I am going to ww meetings with 2 friends for support

Personal goals:
read the books that I have accumulated over the last 6 months
brush up on my languages
save money to buy a house
get my apartment and paperwork in order

Update
Well I now am up to exercising 3 times per week for 1 hour and last week I managed to make the lunches at night 3 out of 5 days which is better and the only junk food in the house belongs to DH.

I have been trying to read a little each evening before going to bed at night to help me unwind and I spent most of Sunday purging closets and drawers and shredding documents and bills so I have made a small dent in the "Clean Sweep" of my apartment

Onward and downward! (weight wise that is)
Old 02-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #15  
Head Princess

I'm still working on the exercise thing. It's hard to make myself move when it's cold and gloomy outside. Ack! Doing good otherwise. I've been good about my water and staying on my eating plan. I lost 8 pounds this month. I tend to lose a good-ish amount one month and then hardly any the next so I'm shooting for at least 5 pounds this month. 10 if I'm lucky. Since I'm only 17 pounds from my initial goal, I think I'm going to have a harder time getting it off.
Closed Thread