Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 10:45 PM   #31  

Goodness, they SHOULD revoke my licence for not knowing how to spell "MAY"!grrrrr
Old 01-30-2004, 07:25 AM   #32  

Height: 5'-2"

You two are NUTS!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #33  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I think you are projecting.....
Old 01-30-2004, 08:37 PM   #34  

It takes one to know one...
Old 01-31-2004, 09:29 AM   #35  

I resemble that remark!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:37 AM   #36  

Oh... Still...
Old 01-31-2004, 09:38 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stilltrying, welcome and pay no attention to these nutcases! I am the only normal one here but don't get in to post much because the comparison makes them feel insecure. I just let them be happy in their own little worlds.
(I didn't know you knew the Lockhorns!)
Old 01-31-2004, 10:02 AM   #38  

Oh, lordy. It's the Mother Nut herself.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:24 PM   #39  

OHHHHHH, Ruth, I MISSED you! I know you don't remember me but I posted for a time on the low carb forum. As for the Lockhorns, yup, know them and love them. One of my favorites is a Christmas or BD or some other gift giving occasion, when Mrs. Lockhorn, heart aflutter with excitement, opens a huge box, lifts up the item and screams at Mr. Lockhorn "I SAID A MINK COAT NOT A PINK COAT".

I am glad to "see" you. I hang out here and at the WLS, though I have not been one of the lucky ones to actually belong there! This place is nice for me because it balances out the WLS forum, where everyone is really, really nice and pleasant and polite. A chick has GOT to hang out with her own kind once in a while, so I come here
Old 01-31-2004, 01:25 PM   #40  

My god, what a compliment.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:27 PM   #41  

Awwwww, Ellis, it was INTENDED as a compliment! Where else can I find soulmates like you guys, who know exactly what I mean when I sing my theme song: "Come and knock on our door, And you will be ignored, lahhh deee daaaa, dee daaa three may be company but but the stuff's not for meeeee". Ok, so I'll keep my day job. Oh, wait, I have no day job, I'm retired! How else could I come up with so much nonsense?
Old 01-31-2004, 02:33 PM   #42  

Hey, girl... WHERE is your bio?!
Did I tell you... my psychiatrist can't figure out why I got married and had kids when I like to be alone so much. I have to admit, when he asked me, he really had me stumped, too.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:04 PM   #43  

My BIO? Whaddayakidding me? You want everybody to fall in love with my charm and personality and come to my HOUSE?

BTW, I'm posting this here because it is sort of off topic. You said you couldn't wait for menopause. Boy, if that's the case, PREPARE for it my friend (i.e. get to goal!). I thought I had at least 5-10 years to get to my normal wt. before that happened but I was caught with my pants around my ankles! More than 100# to lose and my sluggish metabolism slowed down to, well, to being quite content maintaining my current wt., even if I eat a grape a day and WALK from here to one of my favorite countries, N.of the border! Nothing and I mean NOTHING seems to help. So do it now, or you'll have lots of people come to YOUR house and try to help with your wt. loss project; really, they will, I'll tell them how much you want them to! Motivating enough for ya?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #44  

I hear ya, Still. I suddenly realized this morning, "Hey! I'm almost 39! That means I have only ONE freakin' year before ... you know." I have NO problems with turning 40, but I vowed I'd be fit at 30. Then 35. And now I feel like this is IT!! Holy.
And yes, I'm in peri-menopause right now, so I've got to get on this right away!
My psychiatrist is messing around with my drugs right now. I suddenly realized that DUH!... my Fluoxetine works great, but it really makes me tired. I need a nap almost every day, and have no energy. So hopefully I can get onto something that will make me more "normal". Whatever the heck THAT is.
Thanks for the spur... I'll get on it right away.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:58 PM   #45  

Ellis dear, I'm pretty much of a behaviorist and I say, "normal" is what works for you and the special people in your life.
Yeah, fluoxetine can do that but it also helps you sleep at night, right? That's always a plus, unless it interferes with your day-time functioning. Do you like to walk outside? The endorphins and enkephalins sometimes counterbalance the effects of the meds, but I am sure you already know that; just brainstorming.
BTW, I know you like to read. I thought the most wonderful gift the world ever received, besides cake, was audiotapes. I don't leave home without them. People in the neighborhood often think it would be a great idea to walk with me. HEY, look at the HEADPHONES! Do I LOOK like I want to walk with somebody? Oh, sorry, I digress; If you have not had an opportunity to discover the miracle of being able to increase your reading time by about oh, 80% (you know, during all those times when you're not doing something that is incompatible with it), you may want to try it. It is amazing how women react to seeing me "read" at the supermarket. Usually I get a "HEEEEY, YOU'RE READING!" and they look like they're angry with me, like why aren't THEY reading?

Anyway, I'm rambling instead of getting dressed. Mom's 70th and now I'm saying CHINESE! Have a good evening all!
Closed Thread