Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #76  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Noodles-WOW!! Exciting news!! Hope you can post pictures soon, they sound CUTE!!!

Ellis-ME TOO!!! The last few days here have been VERY cold, and all I want to do is hibernate!!! I keep on taking "mini naps" and I am still sleeping at night. STRANGE!!

Jessica-Hope you are starting to feel better.

Jennifer-I HATE THAT!! That up and down stuff REALLY annoys me...
Old 01-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #77  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Jessica!

Post pics soon Noodles! I am jealous - the pet stores here sell just regular rats no fancy ones. We got our dumbos from a friend's mom who breeds them. Unfortunately we are no longer in contact with that person.

Hope you are feeling better Jen

Where's them baby pics Irish?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #78  
Rattie Lover

I am looking to get some dumbos sooner or later. Just hard to find a good breeder out here in AZ with dumbos. Will post pics soon of these lil new guys tho! They are in my lap right now sleeping...Spoiled already!!
Old 01-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #79  
Rattie Lover

NEWS ALERT NEWS ALERT!!!

I had 10..yes count them..10 people in the chat room tonight!! WOOHOO!!

I guess my little message at the bottom must be working after all! Yippee!!! Course 2 of those were my daughter and husband but...hey!!!

(Sorry..had to blab to someone about it...and decided you girls are the best blabber tooers..haahaha.)
Old 01-18-2004, 12:33 AM   #80  
WW Moderator

Noodles, wish I could have made it to chat! I need to install Opera. Something is wrong with IE. I can't upgrade. I get errors, so I am stuck with IE 5.0 and it won't let me chat.

My stomach is feeling better. I'm playing catch-up. No more details, don't want to make Ellis queasy! However, I wish I knew if my pains were my ovaries or my intestines. I just need to have my ovaries sliced on, and be done with it. I say that now, but I'll be thinking different as surgery comes close! Almost had them done last year, and I cried the night before, all the way until I left that morning, saying goodbye to everything in my head incase I died!

Nope, I like surgery about as much as I do flying.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:57 AM   #81  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Noodles, wish I could have made it to chat! I need to install Opera. Something is wrong with IE. I can't upgrade. I get errors, so I am stuck with IE 5.0 and it won't let me chat.

My stomach is feeling better. I'm playing catch-up. No more details, don't want to make Ellis queasy! However, I wish I knew if my pains were my ovaries or my intestines. I just need to have my ovaries sliced on, and be done with it. I say that now, but I'll be thinking different as surgery comes close! Almost had them done last year, and I cried the night before, all the way until I left that morning, saying goodbye to everything in my head incase I died!

Nope, I like surgery about as much as I do flying.

Hey Jennifer...we can always throw your PC into some river and then you have an excuse to get a brand new one. hehehehe.. (ok so it sounded good right?? )

I was scared Sh**less too Jennifer!! I dreaded it for a month cause I had my surgery date a month beforehand. But, I forced myself cause I was reallly tired of dealing with everything associated with those damn ovaries. I am SOO Glad I did it!! And I was in and out of there in 1 ½ hours. The ovary part only took 30 minutes he said. It was my hysterectomy part that took longer. The ovary part is alot faster. ALso, I think if you are just getting ovaries done it can be a day surgery. No hospital stay. Doc said that's cause they don't have to make as big of an incision and some docs should even be able to go in there with the small laprascope/lazer and do their thing. No need for slicing up our delicate tummies now.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:45 AM   #82  
Rattie Lover

Here's the new rat pics I promised!!

And here is Blue. The new Satin Solid Mink Blue Baby Boy Rattie!!

Old 01-18-2004, 03:48 AM   #83  
Rattie Lover

And here is Paprika "Pappy"...He is a Triamiese I found out...
Old 01-18-2004, 04:00 AM   #84  
Rattie Lover

And here they are together...Cuddling in Hubby's Arm. Lucky Rats!! It's hard to tell how small they really are so just compare their size there with his shirt pocket and that will give you an idea...cause they are really tiny lil fellas...

Old 01-18-2004, 06:57 AM   #85  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh... they're very cute, Noodles.

Jennifer... I'm sorry you're scared about the surgery. I felt the same way when I went in for my second c-section. You know, I could be wrong, but I don't think people actually die from having a hysterectomy. I'm pretty sure the surgeons have a good handle on what they're doing down there.
Don't freak yourself out. Unless you actually enjoy doing it. All will be well, sweetie.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #86  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Noodles- your ratties are adorable!!!!

Jen- I don't know what to say since I haven't been through any of that but I'm sending you a big hug of support -
Old 01-18-2004, 03:37 PM   #87  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Noodles-Okay, I've loved all the pictures of your ratties, but the blue one just melted my heart COMPLETELY!! What cuties!!!

Jen-I know there is a small risk from the anesthesia, but I have never known anyone who had major problems with a hysterectomy. My sis had one about a year ago (before she got her baby!!) and came through it GREAT. She had to have everything out because it was all fused, but she is SO glad to be rid of the pain!!! Having to wear a hormone patch has taken getting used to for her, but she is MUCH happier now.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #88  
Rattie Lover

Thanks!! Aren't they darling!!! I should sit them next to 8-Ball so you can see how big and fat he is and how small they are for comparison. Soon as I'm sure everyone is not sick, I will do that.

I think I got everyone confused about Jennifer...I'm sorry Jennifer!! We've both had hysterectomies, but I also had my ovaries cauterized while they were in there. (PCOS disease is what we both have). I don't think she had hers done yet so I was telling her about it in the PCOS forum, and the surgery subject came over here...(See how much we LOVEEEE you!!! ). So I apologize for any confusion & for having everyone think you were going to get your uterus sliced Jennifer.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:35 PM   #89  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Jen - Lots of hugs & good vibes for your surgery! :vibes

Noodles - the rats are, um, something.

Den - how are you? How is dad?

Hello to Ellis, Ruthxxx, Mauvais, and the rest of the chicks!

Where is Soozie????

Not much going on here. Trying to stay warm. Finishing up a baby shower gift. I did manage to shop this morning and bought a lot of fruits & veggies. I am just so damn determined to lose something other then my mind or car keys this week!
Old 01-18-2004, 05:07 PM   #90  
WW Moderator

Yeah, I had the hysterectomy, and I've got a juicy picture of the tumor they took out, if anybody is interested in an appetite suppresant! I had my gallbladder out about 3 years ago, and my blood pressure was so low afterward, it was kinda scary. I think I am mostly scared of the hospital. My dr also practices at a 'specialty hospital'. Hopefully they are also on my new insurance, so I can get it done there. It's really small, mostly for childbirth and gynecological surgeries. I'd just about like to get it over with.

If I can make it through David Copperfield tonight without having a nervous breakdown, surely I can make it through surgery! Large arenas completely freak me out. I've not been in one (or anywhere else big and exciting!) since I went nuts in 1998.
Closed Thread