Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 11:46 PM   #76  
it's always something

LOL, that was chicken and dumplings! I rolled the dough out and cut it into small squares. Sliced that nail right off! But those were sure good dumplings!!

Hmmm, you were 11, Amy was 19, he was your first kiss, Mom and Dad were out of town, so Amy LET you make out with her next door neighbor!!! I've got Leverage!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:56 PM   #77  
WW Moderator

No, it didn't happen then! That was when I stalked him, months before I got to kiss him! I told Mom I was going on a walk. Which I did, to the woods behind school. You used to go there too, eh Suzanne?
Old 09-18-2003, 12:00 AM   #78  
it's always something

Not with guys! In front of the neighbors???

That makes as much sense as two sisters partying all week long while thier parents were out of town, stuffing the trash cans with beer bottles, and not realizing that the parents might notice them when they got home.

We were so bright, and our parents were so proud
Old 09-18-2003, 07:14 AM   #79  
In Control: E+R=O

Squeak and sflake, I can totally relate about the toxic person thing. It's a really hard thing to do, but sometimes you have to make that decision....is this person a positive or negative in my life. I too have had to remove myself from a friendship with a toxic person, and it took a long time for me to move past that friendship....I actually still struggle now with it, since I work with that person and have to maintain a healthy working relationship while pulling away from the friendship.....but my life is definitely happier without her constant negativity all day at work and then every evening after work she'd call and continue to ***** and complain and bring me down to her level.

Ellis, your cocktail party sounds divine!!!

Ruth, I'm glad you had a better day, I hope they continue.

Wildfire, I hope you can get some sleep!! I wouldn't be functioning if I were running on 12 hours of sleep in 3 days!

Jennifer and Suzanne, you two are a riot!! It sounds like it was a lot of fun growing up in your house!!

Hi Mauvais, Jessica, Annex, Den, Cerise, and anyone else that I may have missed.

Oh.....and I've never ground any of my body parts into any food!!
Old 09-18-2003, 11:48 AM   #80  
Spreadin' the luv.

I always worry that I'm a toxic person - I like to talk to people and I always seem to be asking advice. But I'm rarely negative, and try not too complain much...is that what makes a person toxic? I just worry about being too needy - I have a lot of questions about life and fitness and stuff.

I had never had a toxic friend, until this couple we were hanging out with started complaining about EACH OTHER behind each others' backs. We got out fast, but I was always guilt-ridden, and then I'd wonder if I were toxic, too.

I always do that - what if the thing I'm criticizing that person for is the very problem I have and just don't know it? And so on. Makes for some interesting internal discussions.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:00 PM   #81  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

No Cerise you are not

Toxic people are people who always make demands on you and wanting your help but never returning the favor. You are always there for them but they are never there for you. They also have nothing positive to say about anything and usually are complaining about everything under the sun and constantly ***ching about everthing. They seem to suck up all of your time and energy and then you start feeling dragged down.

When it is not enjoyable to be around them, they drain you emotionally and mentally and you start avoiding their phone calls it is time to let go.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:04 PM   #82  
Imagine...

Cerise asking questions or asking for advice does not make you a toxic person. My "toxic" friend never has anything to say to anyone about anything other than herself. For example if I tell her I'm lost 16 pounds, there is no comment whatsoever, no good for you, nothing. She will say something like Well I did this or I did that. If you call her upset about something, she has no words of comfort its always about her. I think a toxic person is someone who has forgotten that friendship is a 2way street. I don't mind being there for her when she needs support but damn it I want some to! So no sweetie I would not call you toxic
Old 09-18-2003, 12:07 PM   #83  
Imagine...

Well put mauvais, I tended to ramble on
Old 09-18-2003, 12:54 PM   #84  
Spreadin' the luv.

Sflake, you weren't rambling! You and Mauvais cleared it up perfectly for me. Thank you both!
Old 09-18-2003, 04:43 PM   #85  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Speaking of toxic people....

I know you guys have heard me complain about this before but the office manager that is always watching what *I* eat is at it again. Today, I was back in my office, eating Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese.

Her: Oooooo... what are you eating?
Me: (Rolling my eyes) Mac & Cheese.
Her: Mac & Cheese?
Me: Uh huh... it's good.
Long Pause as she eyeballs me and the mac & cheese.
Her: Is it dietetic?

Now, tell me how this is any of her business?!??!! She drives me so freaking crazy. I know I shouldn't let it get to me and I know I should respond with, "WHy do you ask?" But I'm always baffled when it happens so I'm always caught with my mouth hanging open and answer her questions. I'm rude and blunt 99% of the time, how come when the little old office manager is unbelievably nosy, I can't tell her to bug off???

Jennifer - I grandmother used to tell me if you found the egg shells in the egg salad that you got a wish. I don't know how she learned to be so good with kids but instead of getting grossed out by eggshells we were envious of other kids who found them!
Old 09-18-2003, 04:47 PM   #86  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Cerise-Sflake and Mauvais are right sweetie. My toxic friend rambled on about minor flaws in her wedding plans right after I had found the courage to tell her I had been thinking about suicide. (Thankd GOODNESS I had other people I could talk to!!!) She also used to put me on hold and forget I was there, but get angry if I hung up. She thought she should even come before my DH and kids!!! (Now mind you, if any of my friends are having a crisis I drop everything for them, but I'm talking on a day to day basis!!!)

2Dog-WOW! You have to work with yours?!? How difficult!!

Suzanne and Jennifer-Funny story about the dinner! A friend of mine worked for Kentucky Fried Chicken as a teen and lost MOST of her nails (stick on) in the batter one day!!! ANOTHER reason not to eat fried foods!!! A few drinks and who cares what is in it anyway!! I love seeing you two talk about your childhood! I don't get to see my sis too often, and miss that between visits!!

Wildfire-My sister's girlfriend lives in North Carolina, but not close enough to the coast to evacuate. We're hoping things aren't too bad there, because she is still pretty close.

Jessica-The party sounds GREAT!!!! I ONLY like gin martinis though!!! Ended up having some Single Malt instead.....YEEHAW!!! My Dad was asking us (sis and me) how we wanted it. When we both said "neat" and "straight up" he looked at my Mom and said, "We raised them right sweetie!"

Ellis-You should SEE him!! THEN you'd understand!!! Today he stood on my tummy, held my hands and bounced repeatedly while giggling!!!! (MAN, he is strong. Very small and COMPACT. My arms were sore afterwards!!!) The kids were great with him. DS13 got down on the floor and played with him. Even my 16 year old (who is VERY concerned with his sense of dignity right now) put on a small silly hat, and let his cousin take it off, and then PUT IT BACK ON REPEATEDLY when the little guy indicated he should!!!

Sflake-We put Sergeant Pepper on today, raising the next generation right!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 04:47 PM   #87  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Gosh you chicks are chatty this week! I got dh to put together my gym! I mean it has only been sitting in a pile on the garage floor for 9 monthes! We just need to attach the cables and I will join you for reals! He put a rubber garage mat underneath too. We set up an area for Grif to color and play with playdoh while we are occupied too. Progress, no matter how slow, is always a good thing!
Old 09-18-2003, 04:51 PM   #88  

Jessica-We were posting at the same time! Your Grandmother sounds GREAT!! That is a wonderful way to handle it!!! Your office manager, on the other hand, sounds COMPLETELY inappropriate. I know what you mean about feeling shocked. it is always easier to think of things to say LATER. I know that is one of your favorites, and she probably messed it up for you today. What a B!TCH (and i DON'T mean that in the nice way.)
Old 09-18-2003, 04:52 PM   #89  

Flower-and YOU posted while I was posting the 2nd post!! Sounds like you are getting a lot of good things done! How was Grif's birthday? (It was recently, right?)
Old 09-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #90  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

First off Jennifer & Suzanne - you two are a riot!!!

Twodog - How do you deal with your toxic person?? I work with mine too. Oh and - poof - You are 28 again!

Ellis - Yup, I really was 21 for my first kiss. But being that age, I had my first kiss, my first tounge kiss, and general make out session all in one night. I have only ever kissed 2 guys (and they are friends). And I like your advice about the toxic friend too. Did the vitamin go ok this time?

Sflake - I love your description of a toxic person. I should print it out and tape it to the person's desk. And Mauvais's description too. Is that over doing it?

Wildfire - Love the ideas for Mauvais's zen pond. Hope you get some sleep!

Den - Promises, Promises (re:spanking ) Glad the visit is going so well.

Ruth - Glad you are having a better day! And nope, no icky sweet, just a bunch of smartasses.

Jessica - While I normally don't advocate violence, I would smack that woman silly next time. Your party sounds wonderful!!

Cerise - visions of Carrie popped in my head with the "dirty pillows" comment.

Ok this is really late but - Hi Annex!

Hi Flower! Congrats on the gym.

Gotta go get a few things done...
Closed Thread