Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #16  
Imagine...

Squeak, I think I'm on my 3rd Dentist
Old 09-02-2003, 06:39 PM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Den! Had a great day! Funny... it went by fairly slowly, but it still wasn't long enough.
Did you get anything done today, or did you take it easy?

Lidian, how was your day? I'm going to the Y again tomorrow. Going to walk there and back and just do the Life Circuit machines. My muscles are KILLING me from yesterday. A good sign.

I haven't been to my dentist for three years. I'm afraid to go...
He's REALLY nice, but his hygienist is a ****.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I just went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and had no cavities - yay!

DH and I finally found a good one that doesn't try to get you to do expensive procedures that your insurance doesn't cover -she will offer you two or three different options- and she does a really thorough exam and a check for oral cancer -first time a dentist has done this for me - and my hygienist was really good - no pain and no bleeding gums. I am considering a bleaching and possibly adult braces but that wont be for a while due to budgetary concerns.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:20 PM   #19  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Haven't been to the dentist for about a year. We didn't have coverage, and basically just tried to keep the kids current. With DH's new job we will have coverage again!!! So now I have to start working on my gums to toughen them up again. I got REALLY lazy.

Ellis-didn't get much of anything done today. I REALLY need to get working again.....
Old 09-03-2003, 08:37 AM   #20  
In Control: E+R=O

I HATE the dentist! I have really soft teeth and so have had a lot of problems. I'm waaay overdue for going back in (I'm not even going to say how long since I've been), but I just can't force myself to make that phone call. And of course, the longer I wait, the harder it is!!

I'd rather have 10 PAP smears than go to the dentist once!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:43 AM   #21  

Twodog, is it longer than my 3 years?
I hear ya... PAP test over the dentist ANY day!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:15 AM   #22  

Okay, but answer THIS one: MAMMOGRAM or dentist?
Old 09-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #23  
Imagine...

I'll take 5 mammograms rather then 1/2 a dentist! That reminds me that I have to make my yearly mammo apt...Thanks Den (insert sarcastic tone)
Old 09-03-2003, 09:24 AM   #24  

oooooooh... I haven't had a mammogram yet. Where's that "joke"...
Old 09-03-2003, 09:28 AM   #25  

I HATE MAMMOGRAMS!!! Rather go to the dentist..... Between being large breasted and short, it is UNCOMFORTABLE, and I always feel trapped. If a fire started I'd be at the mercy of the technician.....just hope she'd remember to let me OUT before fleeing!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:35 AM   #26  

ah... here it is...

Preparing For Your Mammogram

Many women are afraid of their first mammogram, but there is no need to worry. By taking a few minutes each day for the week preceding the exam and doing the following practice exercises, you will be totally prepared for the best. And best of all, you can do these simple practice exercises right in your own home.

EXERCISE #1: Freeze two metal bookends overnight. Strip to the waist. Invite a stranger into the room. Press the bookends against one of your breasts. Smash the bookends together as hard as you can. Set an appointment with the stranger to meet next year and do it again.

EXERCISE #2: Open your refrigerator door and insert one breast between the door and the main box. Have one of your strongest friends slam the door shut as hard as possible and lean on the door for good measure. Hold that position for five seconds. Repeat again in case the first time wasn't effective enough.

EXERCISE #3: Visit your garage at 3:00 a.m. when the temperature of the cement floor is just perfect. Take off all your warm clothes and lay comfortably on the floor with one breast wedged under the rear tire of the car. Ask a friend to slowly back the car up until your breast is sufficiently flattened and chilled. Turn over and repeat for the other breast.

CONGRATULATIONS ! Now you are properly prepared for your mammogram. Isn't it FUN to be a WOMAN !!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 AM   #27  
Imagine...

Ellis sweetie you are a laugh riot!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:42 AM   #28  
In Control: E+R=O

ellis, yep, longer than 3 years I love your mammo joke!

den, I'd take a mammogram over the dentist any day. I read a story a while back (can't remember if it was really true or not, but I'm thinking it was) were a fire did break out when someone was having a mammogram....the fire started in the mammogram machine, a short or something!! The couldn't get it open to "release" her because the machine shut down when it shorted out, and she kind of "hung in there" for a while until the could manually remove her. I think that would be the last mammogram for me!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:00 AM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Twodog - Has it been longer then 6 years? (which is a guess since I couldn't actually remember the last time I went). I just went back for an inital visit a few weeks ago.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:28 AM   #30  

Sure am looking forward to my first mammogram, whenever it will be! I WOULD take a few Pap tests over the dentist though...

Sounds like you are doing a great job Ellis - sore muscles are very good! I just about got out of bed this morning - not used to all the walking! And I went for a tiny run after I dropped the girls off, about 15 minutes' worth and my muscles are feeling it! We'll be back up to par in a few weeks -

twodog, what a story! As if mammorgrams didn't sound appealing enough!

Lidian
Closed Thread